Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Broken car key repairs

The blade on my spare remote car key fob has broken off. Kia are bound to only offer a full blown replacement for silly money. Can anyone suggest a good local service to do the repair for sensible money? Timpson seem to offer a blade-only replacement for £75 or £150 for a full blade/remote fob replacement. Any suggestions good people?

Comments

• Get some super glue gel, it did the job on my spare, depending on where it's snapped though 
  • ads said:
    Get some super glue gel, it did the job on my spare, depending on where it's snapped though 
    LOCTITE SUPER GLUE the best get it a big co-op
  • meldrew66 said:
    The blade on my spare remote car key fob has broken off. Kia are bound to only offer a full blown replacement for silly money. Can anyone suggest a good local service to do the repair for sensible money? Timpson seem to offer a blade-only replacement for £75 or £150 for a full blade/remote fob replacement. Any suggestions good people?
    That’s not true from Kia thay have 2 spare keys for every car as I have a Kia Sportage lost one of mine first day got car found it in the end but Kia said no problem we have 2 spare for every car 
  • cazo said:
    meldrew66 said:
    That’s not true from Kia thay have 2 spare keys for every car as I have a Kia Sportage lost one of mine first day got car found it in the end but Kia said no problem we have 2 spare for every car 
    ….so, I just call Kia and they give me one of the spare keys for free then?
  • If you going to use superglue add a bit of baking powder for extra strength

Super Glue and Baking soda! Pour Glue on Baking soda and Amaze With Results - YouTube
  • edited March 2023
    Good luck 
  • Express keys Green Street Green
  • edited March 2023
    This may or may not help. You should be able to get the parts on ebay or similar but the transponder is the important part and it seems to be sometimes glued in and is difficult to get out without breaking. If it is a spare, maybe you could tape a newly cut key to the old fob.
    https://thecarkeyman.co.uk/key-news/broken-kia-car-key/
  • Happy days!