Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ref hit with a bottle after the game

Fine incoming then

Comments

• Options
    Joking aside 
    What sort of wanker does that.
    One that’s got a 3 year ban incoming 
  • Options
    My son said that I whatever it was was red and covered the ref. Like a flask of warm ribena.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I bet he wasn't the only one who hit the bottle after the game
  • Options
    It come from the West Stand, can’t believe it wasn’t a flask 
    It come from the West Stand, can’t believe it wasn’t a flask 
    Oi, we bring chill bottles these days
  • Options
    Cannot condone this, if only because the idiot that launched the bottle switched the focus away from the abysmal peerformance of the referee. Almost certainly will costt the club a fine and  undermine any effort to get the appaling decision for the red card to be reviewed.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Cannot condone this, if only because the idiot that launched the bottle switched the focus away from the abysmal peerformance of the referee. Almost certainly will costt the club a fine and  undermine any effort to get the appaling decision for the red card to be reviewed.
    Did he though? Where’s the evidence of that? Surely it draws focus to the ref because people will question what made a fan so angry in the first place. Sadly it’s impossible to engage in discussion about this kind of thing without having to add the “obviously I don’t condone the behaviour” bit first (although I’m sure that’s obvious to most people). However, as idiotic as the act was, to me a big takeaway is that fans are absolutely sick of paying hard-earned money to witness appalling standards of refereeing where there is zero accountability afterwards. 
    Nobody will enquire into his reasons, it will just be some mindless idiot (which is actually pretty accurate).
  • Options
    some of our fans are getting (or are already) very pissed off with the way the season and the club is/are going and show their frustration through stupid and violent acts, smashing up away toilets is another example .. throwing objects and hitting the referee is both cowardly and inexcusable .. the behaviour of a minority of our fans over the past couple of seasons (talking in my case of away games that is) indicate to me that we can now give the at one time infamous Millwall dickheads a run for their money .. I expect a very heavy fine for this act of gross, frustrated no doubt, stupidity
  • Options
    It was allegedly a ketchup bottle that was squirted over him & then the plastic bottle thrown. 35 y/o S/T holder held. (allegedly). 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Did he though? Where’s the evidence of that? Surely it draws focus to the ref because people will question what made a fan so angry in the first place. Sadly it’s impossible to engage in discussion about this kind of thing without having to add the “obviously I don’t condone the behaviour” bit first (although I’m sure that’s obvious to most people). However, as idiotic as the act was, to me a big takeaway is that fans are absolutely sick of paying hard-earned money to witness appalling standards of refereeing where there is zero accountability afterwards. 
    Looking at the news coverage this morning in the Football League paper, for example, it is about the ref being hit and the likely fine. no one is questioning the quality of the refereeing in that match other than the Charlton fans.  I will agree with you that "Respect" campaign  overlooks the fact that respect has to be earned and that the FA/EFL  appear to have quietly done away with referee assessors attending matches to quality control refereeing. This has led to some of the low standards we see in leagues one and two.
    Correctly that's a bigger story than a poor decision with the sending off.

Without the dickhead throwing a bottle, maybe the sending off would have been the main story.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My son said that I whatever it was was red and covered the ref. Like a flask of warm ribena.
    Glad it wasn't cold ribena.
  • Options
    Decisions like these ketchup with you in the end.
  • Options
    some of our fans are getting (or are already) very pissed off with the way the season and the club is/are going and show their frustration through stupid and violent acts, smashing up away toilets is another example .. throwing objects and hitting the referee is both cowardly and inexcusable .. the behaviour of a minority of our fans over the past couple of seasons (talking in my case of away games that is) indicate to me that we can now give the at one time infamous Millwall dickheads a run for their money .. I expect a very heavy fine for this act of gross, frustrated no doubt, stupidity
    Boozed and coked, rather than frustrated, I suggest.  
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Wow.

Sounds like you're judging them on your own experiences?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Wow.

Sounds like you're judging them on your own experiences?
    I’ve never done drugs in my life and I don’t drink at football.  But thanks .