Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Quoting posts - issues?

edited January 2023 in Troubleshooting
Afternoon,
Is there an issue with the site or my android mobile browser (perhaps) in quoting a post? It wants me to reply in the grey text box, which is an extract of the quote.

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Afternoon,
    Is there an issue with the site or my android mobile browser (perhaps) in quoting a post? It wants me to reply in the grey text box, which is an extract of the quote.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Afternoon,
    Desktop seems fine
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Afternoon,
    . Mobile not
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    mendonca said:
    Afternoon,
    Desktop version is fine, I'll have to dig out my tablet to look at the mobile site later. When this happens it's usually because you've accidentally deleted the code block that indicates the end of the quote, so when you post the scripting inserts a new one at the end of the post. You can edit it back in yourself (which I've done on the offending post on the match thread) but it's a bit more fiddly on mobile IIRC.
    <blockquote class="Quote"><br>  <div><a rel="nofollow">mendonca</a> said:</div><br>  <div>Afternoon,<div>Is there an issue with the site or my android mobile browser (perhaps) in quoting a post? It wants me to reply in the grey text box, which is an extract of the quote.</div></div><br></blockquote>
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Afternoon,

I get the same on my Samsung internet browser in mobile mode.
  • Options
    Also dodgy ads appearing and the time stamp then being an hour later than it should.

Very weird goings on. Reckon the site has been hacked. 
  • Options
    Golfie, pretty sure the dodgy ads is a result of your browsing history, not at this end. You might want to clear down your cache and cookies.
  • Options
    Also dodgy ads appearing and the time stamp then being an hour later than it should.

Very weird goings on. Reckon the site has been hacked. 
    Manure fans trying to gain advantages from our well informed Lifers ?

Perhaps we should adopt a CL code to thwart them....

kniht uoy od tahw? 

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Golfie, pretty sure the dodgy ads is a result of your browsing history, not at this end. You might want to clear down your cache and cookies.
    I’m getting the same ads. Definitely not as a result of my browsing history! Cache and cookies have been cleared.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I hope this was in jest.

No, its got nothing to do with my browsing history. I noticed it during the match thread yesterday (after someone else had quoted a post with it on) and the "ad" had not appeared on my phone/pc at all. 

I did notice that a post of @ross1 yesterday at 16.31 was quoted & the time on it said 17.31.......although the quite was at around 16.35.

Perhaps CL have invested in a Delorean.