Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre-Manchester United bars & other activities

Thought someone might as well do it. 

I believe the main area people will be going will be deansgate. 

If anyone has any recommendations to go for food or drink then please do share. 

Comments

• Options
    Albert’s Schloss bar in Deansgate will be open until 2am on Tuesday night. 

Last time I was there I saw Dean Kiely there too!
    great bar, am guessing it'll be absolutely rammed though (it's huge)
  • Options
    I’m staying in Deansgate. Should be there a few hours before kickoff. 
  • Options
    I’m staying in Deansgate. Should be there a few hours before kickoff. 
    Yes I'm in Deansgate also - I'll be having my first pint of the day around midday!
  • Options
    I highly recommend the National football museum. They've got everything in there.
    Even one of John Motsons sheepskin coats!
  • Options
    Deansgate seems seems to be the area to head for.🍺🍺🥃🥃🙏
  • Options
    I highly recommend the National football museum. They've got everything in there.
    Even one of John Motsons sheepskin coats!
    It’s very good. Once paid it a visit after a failed job interview waiting for a train. 
  • Options
    Cafe football just outside the ground is pretty good
  • Options
    Salford Quays for me. plenty of eateries and bars and only 15 minutes walk to the ground. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When I was up for the cricket a couple of years back we ended up in The Quadrant which is around the corner from the cricket ground and a few minutes further up from the football stadium.
    Think it's away friendly??
    Remember it being a big good old fashioned boozer
  • Options
    When I was up for the cricket a couple of years back we ended up in The Quadrant which is around the corner from the cricket ground and a few minutes further up from the football stadium.
    Think it's away friendly??
    Remember it being a big good old fashioned boozer
    It is a decent pub I was randomly in it a few weeks ago, I think they allow away fans in
  • Options
    Cafe football just outside the ground is pretty good
    I'm staying there.  I'll open a tab.....
  • Options
    The Old Wellington in market square has a huge outside area at the front. Could be a very good location if enough 
  • Options
    Society might be worth a go. Down the steps next to the bridgewater hall. Vocation beers, choice of food vendors, next to trams and near other bars like Albert’s Schloss and Brewdog.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Enjoy the vibe in printworks. Might go to Bierkeller it's a German themed beer hall with long wooden benches for bite to eat and few drinks it's paired with shooters sports bar. 

Along with deansgate & northern quarter.

Who knows after the game.
  • Options
    AddickRam said:
    Enjoy the vibe in printworks. Might go to Bierkeller it's a German themed beer hall with long wooden benches for bite to eat and few drinks it's paired with shooters sports bar. 

Along with deansgate & northern quarter.

Who knows after the game.
    I watched England vs USA in Bierkeller. Good place but the beer was a tad ropey
  • Options
    Yeah i'm going to Deansgate pregame. There's a pub called Mulligans that allegedly does the best Guinness in the UK so i'll be pitched up there
    Shhhh it's quite small and always rammed, want to get in there myself haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Yeah i'm going to Deansgate pregame. There's a pub called Mulligans that allegedly does the best Guinness in the UK so i'll be pitched up there
    Shhhh it's quite small and always rammed, want to get in there myself haha
    I'll be in there as well (at some point).

Mulligans Manchester

• Options
    We're doing an overnight in Deansgate, very close to two great old pubs mentioned by @InspectorSands, The Britons Protection and Peveril of the Peak. Another excellent pub a little further north - about 20 mins walk from Manchester Piccadilly and reasonably close to the National Football Museum - is the Marble Arch Inn. Grade II listed, it has fine beer and a very interesting interior.

Thanks for the tip off on Mulligans - we'll certainly be popping in there at some stage to sample their Nigerian lager.

• Options
    This is why I'm staying a second night, to sample *all* the boozers in this thread.

(maybe not all of them)
  • Options
    Can anyone with local knowledge help. My mate has booked us into a Travelodge in Great Ducie Street, M3. Any decent pubs around there? More importantly how is it best to get to the ground please? Looks as though may have to walk a mile to Victoria Station and get a tram.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Can anyone with local knowledge help. My mate has booked us into a Travelodge in Great Ducie Street, M3. Any decent pubs around there? More importantly how is it best to get to the ground please? Looks as though may have to walk a mile to Victoria Station and get a tram.

Thanks in advance.
    10 minute walk to Victoria then green tram line to Old Trafford. 
  • Options
    There is free bus service on 3 routes from outside Piccadilly Station, which may be handy for people staying in hotels in the Deansgate area.
    Free Bus Oct 2022https://tfgm.com/public-transport/bus/free-bus
  • Options

Thanks in advance.
    The Black friar is a 5 min walk and a great boozer, still a 15/20 min walk to victoria/St Peters Square where you can get the tram to OT. Alternatively, head to the Sadlers Cat next to Victoria Station 
  • Options
    If Mulligans gets full there's a bar called the Box 2 mins walk down deansgate which is a sports bar and will have plenty of space. Also got The Oast House closeby which is a bavarian sort of pub with a great outdoor section & decent food but knowing manchester itll probably be pissing it down. They used to put up a big tepee during the winter but I've recently moved out of Manc so can't say if it's up at the mo
  • Options
    As others have recommended Albert Schloss is one of the best nights out in Manc. Other options are Northern Quarter - The freemount is one of my favourite pubs as they normally have live bands playing, Wilson Social, NQ64 (retro arcade themed bar, one in NQ and one next to Albert Schloss), Terrace and The Millstone ( some right characters in there, have walked past at 2pm on a weekday and karaoke is blasting)