Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton U18s v Northampton Town U18s (FA Youth Cup) Question.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Great stuff ! 

Thanks for the updates, guys.
  • Options
    Casey, Kanu, Bower and ???
  • Options
    Brilliant result.
    A pity I could not watch as I have enjoyed the matches played by the development teams.
  • Options
    Just got back.  Shame it wasn’t streamed.  Very comfortable win with loads of possession. Their equaliser merely poked the hornets nest.

very good performance and Enslins goal was superb
    as was Bower’s tbf

a joy to watch. Loads of scouts there too
  • Options
    Kai Enslin is a new name isn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Again, absolutely worth every penny of my fiver! All good goals, being greedy I think we should have had a few more though :)
  • Options
    Kanu looked very sharp tonight.
  • Options
    A cracking game played at a high tempo, both sides played well I thought.
    We only started to dominate near the end when they tired.
    Our CB Zac Mitchell  was my m.o.m. he stood out a mile. He's way to good for this level on this showing.

Our coaches know this of course, he's made a first team appearance as a substitute.

While waiting for some half time chips I was told Zac's brother plays for - that lot in blue down the road..
    You're not the only one to be singing Zach's praises this season, AOG.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    I've just sent an email to website @cafc.co.uk asking the question....Wonder whether I'll receive a response as it's a couple of minutes before 5pm.....

Tweeted them this morning. No response.
    Why am I not surprised .

And I thought it was only Katrien that couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery...

Might not be the biggest error but it's yet another indication that our club is under staffed, poorly managed & has no respect for those who are its lifeblood ....unless there's decent money to be made from matchday tickets , hospitality etc etc. 
    Well said, Fanny. Apart from the club's contractual obligations, it's highly discourteous to treat its subscribers with casual disdain.
    Whist not trying to defend the club communications team, there is no mention of under 18 or youth cup games being covered by Charlton TV ,see below.

CharltonTV monthly pass

Exclusive access to CharltonTV for one month - this pass will automatically renew each month:

- Live audio commentary, highlights, exclusive interviews and features, streaming of U23s home games

- Live streaming of ALL first-team pre-season friendlies

- Does NOT include live streaming of competitive first-team fixtures

£7.00

CharltonTV annual pass

Exclusive access to CharltonTV for 12 months including:

- Live audio commentary, highlights, exclusive interviews and features, streaming of U23s home games

£65.0

48 Hour Pass

Exclusive access to CharltonTV for 48 hours including:

- This pass DOES NOT include live streaming of first team games

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Kai Enslin is a new name isn't it?
    Born October 2005 so a first year u18.

https://www.charltonafc.com/squad/818
  • Options
    Zach was excellent and marshalled Gough at the back who is a 1st year I think but also looks solid.  Both decent ball players and Zach LOVES to burst forward with the ball.

Enslin looked very sharp and a lot of potential there.  Very quick and direct.

really excellent performance and I wish more people were there to see it.  So composed in possession and so quick and incisive at times.

great fun
  • Options
    The attendance was very poor. 

Bower and Enslin scored with excellent shots.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Blucher said:
    I've just sent an email to website @cafc.co.uk asking the question....Wonder whether I'll receive a response as it's a couple of minutes before 5pm.....

Why am I not surprised .

And I thought it was only Katrien that couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery...

Might not be the biggest error but it's yet another indication that our club is under staffed, poorly managed & has no respect for those who are its lifeblood ....unless there's decent money to be made from matchday tickets , hospitality etc etc. 
    Well said, Fanny. Apart from the club's contractual obligations, it's highly discourteous to treat its subscribers with casual disdain.
    Whist not trying to defend the club communications team, there is no mention of under 18 or youth cup games being covered by Charlton TV ,see below.

CharltonTV monthly pass

Exclusive access to CharltonTV for one month - this pass will automatically renew each month:

£7.00

CharltonTV annual pass

£65.0

48 Hour Pass

Sadly, I'm unable to cut & paste the information that's clearly for all to see on the Charlton TV link on the OS.

Click on the Charlton TV link along the top of the page.

The next links available are Live, On Demand & Subscribe.

Under the Live heading, there are 5 options : Email for support, Watch live, What games can I watch, Listen live & Purchase your pass.

Click on What games can I watch & you'll see a table with headings :Men's league fixtures, Men's Cup fixtures, Academy fixtures & Women's fixtures.

Click Academy fixtures  & you'll see a table of 5 categories, including FA YOUTH CUP.  Note the corresponding ticks' columns for both UK/Ireland & Overseas. 

Clearly indicates these non 1st team games " I can watch on Charlton TV " ....

...or in the case of last night's match, NOT WATCH !

Please check on this on for me & let me know if I'm hallucinating ( again!) 

Thanks.

Oh, and I've just received an email apologising for not responding last night & asking where I saw the information and stating they don't have the resources to live stream FA Youth Cup fixtures this season.....

Thanks, Thomas.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Blucher said:

Why am I not surprised .

CharltonTV monthly pass

£7.00

CharltonTV annual pass

£65.0

48 Hour Pass

Sadly, I'm unable to cut & paste the information that's clearly for all to see on the Charlton TV link on the OS.

Click on the Charlton TV link along the top of the page.

The next links available are Live, On Demand & Subscribe.

Under the Live heading, there are 5 options : Email for support, Watch live, What games can I watch, Listen live & Purchase your pass.

Click on What games can I watch & you'll see a table with headings :Men's league fixtures, Men's Cup fixtures, Academy fixtures & Women's fixtures.

Click Academy fixtures  & you'll see a table of 5 categories, including FA YOUTH CUP.  Note the corresponding ticks' columns for both UK/Ireland & Overseas. 

Clearly indicates these non 1st team games " I can watch on Charlton TV " ....

...or in the case of last night's match, NOT WATCH !

Please check on this on for me & let me know if I'm hallucinating ( again!) 

Thanks.

Oh, and I've just received an email apologising for not responding last night & asking where I saw the information and stating they don't have the resources to live stream FA Youth Cup fixtures this season.....

Thanks, Thomas.

As well as men’s first-team league fixtures, CharltonTV also live streams a great deal of other games, involving other teams within the football club. 

Expand the below headings to find out more about which men’s first-team, academy and women’s team fixtures can also be live streamed on CharltonTV. 

https://www.charltonafc.com/charltontv/what-you-can-watchCharltonTV academy games you can watch

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:
    1 0 up. Louis Mendez 
    Christ this kid is talented. Looks a lot older than his age though!
    Ginger Messi!
  • Options
    I and a Fulham friend both impressed with our number 3 who`s name I cannot remember, but he knows how to pass and got into space to recieve the ball.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    I and a Fulham friend both impressed with our number 3 who`s name I cannot remember, but he knows how to pass and got into space to recieve the ball.
    Toby bower

got a wand of a left foot.  
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    msomerton said:
    Toby bower

got a wand of a left foot.  
    Toby was captain. Every chance he could get Stockley heading goals in the first team.
  • Options
    Anyone who has paid for CharltonTV by credit card, you could claim a %age back from your card supplier seeing as you didn't get what you, from the picture of the website posted above, have paid for.  I'd be interested to see if the club tried to dispute it.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    The attendance was very poor. 

Bower and Enslin scored with excellent shots.
    Should get a few more attending for Newcastle in the next round.
  • Options
    Anyone who has paid for CharltonTV by credit card, you could claim a %age back from your card supplier seeing as you didn't get what you, from the picture of the website posted above, have paid for.  I'd be interested to see if the club tried to dispute it.
    Yes you'd do it as a chargeback and it would also work if you paid by debit card. (Unless over £100 this would not be a S75 CCA 74 refund.)  

As much as we want to support the club, we cannot let them take the piss over things like this.