Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Train Strike Saturday 5th November- Coalville Town [h]

There will be a strike by RMT members on Saturday.
Southeastern will be running a limited service to/from Charlton Station, trains will run between London Bridge & Dartford calling at all stations except Woolwich Dockyard, there will be no trains via Blackheath/Lewisham. There will be no Thameslink services calling at Charlton.
After the match trains towards London Bridge depart at 17.10, 17.25 & the last train at 17.40
Trains towards Dartford will depart at 17.10, 17.20, 17.50 & the last train at 18.16
https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/strike-action

Comments

• edited October 2022
    Tickets got before the Ipswich game, can’t miss the big one…will stay to the end.
  • Reminder for tomorrow.
  • edited November 2022
    Tomorrows rail strike is off
    https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-suspends-rail-strikes/
    A series of strikes by railway workers planned for 5, 7 and 9 November has been suspended, the RMT union has said.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63510380
  • Full house tomorrow then?
  • I wonder if there will be a need to open areas of the ground that were going to be closed off?
  • edited November 2022
    clive said:
    There is absolutely no way that tomorrows train service will be back to normal at this short notice . Expect severe delays

Tim Shoveller, Network Rail's chief negotiator, welcomed the news but said: "The very late notice means that services for tomorrow cannot be reinstated and will remain extremely limited, and while we, and our train company partners, will work without pause over the weekend, there will be limited ability to change the 'strike timetable' for Monday."
  • When you're in a hole stop digging Mr Shoveller.
  • Sweet, so no strike but still no trains lol 
  • When you're in a hole stop digging Mr Shoveller.
    I thought he was still in M People 
  • Sponsored links:

• no trains! - ridiculous
  • Strikes planned on the rail network on 5, 7 and 9th November have been suspended 
  • no trains! - ridiculous
    Changing plans for trains, drivers and station staff within 24 hours is impossible.
  • It’s ok, someone has just tweeted South Eastern that we are at home in the FA Cup tomorrow.

That should get them in gear with a bit of luck 
  • Thanks Clive

Still cant get back to Basingstoke unless i i miss half the match. Getting pissed off with this now. 
  • I think staff volunteer to work on Saturdays anyway? There is no reasonable way to get enough volunteers available for rostering even if people want to work.

The railways are not a normal industry!
  • How can they say the rail strike is off when there are no trains running after 7pm tonight. My lad has met his mates in Sevenoaks for a firework display & just found he cant get a train home. Wtf ??

F**king train drivers. And bus drivers too. F**kers at Arriva have only just agreed a deal after going on strike for a couple of weeks. Kids having to walk 4 miles to College because of no buses. 

• How can they say the rail strike is off when there are no trains running after 7pm tonight. My lad has met his mates in Sevenoaks for a firework display & just found he cant get a train home. Wtf ??

F**king train drivers. And bus drivers too. F**kers at Arriva have only just agreed a deal after going on strike for a couple of weeks. Kids having to walk 4 miles to College because of no buses. 

Being the nice bloke you are, surely you’ll go and pick him up.
  • Sponsored links:

The strikes have been called off because of a change in stance from the employers. Unfortunately, that came too late for those employers to be able to sort themselves out and actually run services. Think you’re aiming your anger at the wrong people. 

The news that they were off was also accompanied by news that the services would still be out. Perhaps your lad should have checked before going.
  • TelMc32 said:
    How can they say the rail strike is off when there are no trains running after 7pm tonight. My lad has met his mates in Sevenoaks for a firework display & just found he cant get a train home. Wtf ??

The strikes have been called off because of a change in stance from the employers. Unfortunately, that came too late for those employers to be able to sort themselves out and actually run services. Think you’re aiming your anger at the wrong people. 

The news that they were off was also accompanied by news that the services would still be out. Perhaps your lad should have checked before going.
    I dont think it's on the employers to sort themselves out, quite the opposite.

If someone is employed to do a job then they should be available to do it. If a strike is called off on Friday evening then all employees rota-ed to work on Saturday should be working. 

Wouldn't be surprised if most of the train drivers had organised other plans for yesterday thinking the strike was going ahead, but couldn't be arsed to work when the strike was called off.

Or was it a case that the trains were in the wrong place or leaves on the line. 
  • TelMc32 said:
    How can they say the rail strike is off when there are no trains running after 7pm tonight. My lad has met his mates in Sevenoaks for a firework display & just found he cant get a train home. Wtf ??

I dont think it's on the employers to sort themselves out, quite the opposite.

If someone is employed to do a job then they should be available to do it. If a strike is called off on Friday evening then all employees rota-ed to work on Saturday should be working. 

Wouldn't be surprised if most of the train drivers had organised other plans for yesterday thinking the strike was going ahead, but couldn't be arsed to work when the strike was called off.

Or was it a case that the trains were in the wrong place or leaves on the line. 
    Clearly some trains would be in the wrong place and a host of other issues.
    Why pretend to be a doofus, unless you're not pretending?
  • I agree, I can imagine that passenger safety would be significantly jeopardised, no doubt computer programmes have to be rebooted and sufficient administrative staff have to be in place to kick start the multitude of systems that have to link up throughout the entire network.
    You can’t just start up without a great deal of prep work being done, no doubt much of it behind the scenes.
  • I agree, I can imagine that passenger safety would be significantly jeopardised, no doubt computer programmes have to be rebooted and sufficient administrative staff have to be in place to kick start the multitude of systems that have to link up throughout the entire network.
    You can’t just start up without a great deal of prep work being done, no doubt much of it behind the scenes.
    So what's the excuse for not being able to run trains properly on Monday then?
  • Off_it said:
    I agree, I can imagine that passenger safety would be significantly jeopardised, no doubt computer programmes have to be rebooted and sufficient administrative staff have to be in place to kick start the multitude of systems that have to link up throughout the entire network.
    So what's the excuse for not being able to run trains properly on Monday then?
    Obviously because if they weren't in place on Saturday then they wouldnt be in place on Sunday, ready for Monday. 

I am slowly coming to the conclusion that I am much better off in my car. Fuck climate change. Until the transport system can be passenger friendly enough for there to be buses & trains at a reasonable hour then you can stick them. 

This is in response to our local bus service stopping buses at 6pm & not running on a Sunday. And then striking during the week. Then it was the trains turn.