Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Matt Holland to be released? Sam Sodje available?

edited June 2009 in Rumours
http://www.givemefootball.com/transfer-directory-offline?letter=m&page=3

Holland is now listed on there, the official PFA websites transfer directory.

Other players on there are ones we've already said we're releasing, Aswad Thomas and Rashid Yussuff plus most of the u18s we said were to be released (except Ben Godfrey, perhaps he's already found a club?)

I had a look a few days ago and I'm pretty sure Holland wasn't on there.

Noticed Sam Sodje is on there, probably wouldn't be if he had agreed a deal with another club.

Comments

• make emquiry hmm maybe matty could do a job in a goals team im gonna make?
  • Just at a glance around Matty's entry, amongst the youngsters released, there's a sprinkling of well known names:

Michael Ball at Man City
    Michael Bridges at Hull
    Michael Duberry at Reading
    Moritz Volz at Fulham

All on free transfer.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Just at a glance around Matty's entry, amongst the youngsters released, there's a sprinkling of well known names:

Michael Ball at Man City
    Michael Bridges at Hull
    Moritz Volz at Fulham

All on free transfer.

Volz scored a winning goal for us last season, sign him up. Duberry would be a monster in League 1, no chance of us affording him though.
  • I fancy doing some scouting today
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Just at a glance around Matty's entry, amongst the youngsters released, there's a sprinkling of well known names:

Michael Ball at Man City
    Michael Bridges at Hull
    Moritz Volz at Fulham

All on free transfer.

Volz scored a winning goal for us last season, sign him up. Duberry would be a monster in League 1, no chance of us affording him though.

Volz would be electric for us at full back ...... or have we done all those before?
  • He would only be any good at Ohm
  • Would people have Gillespie back? I thought he did ok, someone who could actually get down the wing and cross a ball.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Would people have Gillespie back? I thought he did ok, someone who could actually get down the wing and cross a ball.

You're joking...Well past his best. Didn't impress me
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Would people have Gillespie back? I thought he did ok, someone who could actually get down the wing and cross a ball.

I think he would be a shrewd signing - he might have lost some pace, but he has a quality 1st touch on the ball, good crossing and distribution, and his playing record suggests that he has an eye for a goal. Also experience in abundance.

And when he was here, we saw the positive effect it had on Lloyd Sam, who'd seemed to have lost his way.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Would people have Gillespie back? I thought he did ok, someone who could actually get down the wing and cross a ball.

You're joking...Well past his best. Didn't impress me

Did you see him in the away games too? At QPR he looked very good in our side, wanting the ball, getting down the wing and getting the cross in - to be honest it felt good having a winger that could actually play in that position efficiently. As Oggy says, it had a positive effect on Sam.

In League 1, i personally think he could do a job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gillespie was awful.

Awful at QPR, awful at home to Derby, awful full stop.
  • [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Awful at QPR

QPR away ? He was really good at QPR away I thought.
  • [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]He would only be any good at Ohm
    WATT?
  • Gillespie hardly produced a cross in all his games put together. He's not the answer anymore. Sam's developed into a much better crosser even if his best ones late in the season were cutting in and with his left. Volz will get picked up by a bgger club...either here or in Germany.
  • In the away game at Blackpool, Gillespie put in possibly the most insiped performance I ever seen from a Charlton player. It was like Ambrose and Rommedahl had somehow had some unholy union and given birth to an ageing Northern Irish footballer. That coupled with the dodgy track record off the field means I'd give him a wide berth if it was my decision.
  • [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]He would only be any good at Ohm

Shocking!!
  • Lies! All Lies!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH