Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stadium Badge

What's going on here then? Someone on Facebook thinks it has something to do with a You Tube match?

Comments

• I see that Sideman thread has the answers. As you were...
  • I can't be the only one who doesn't think this is a big deal at all? The sidemen are a youtuber group with a massive fanbase who have paid a lot of money to use our stadium. What's the big deal with them putting their branding up while they use the stadium for literally one day?
    See my post on the sideman thread.

They could still have their own branding on/in the stadium. Look at the number of sponsors there are when managers & players do interviews. And F1 drivers have numerous logos / sponsors....hell, most of their clothing is covered. 
  • It’s not the first time that sidemen have played at The Valley, on their previous occasions has the the badge been covered over?
  • I can't be the only one who doesn't think this is a big deal at all? The sidemen are a youtuber group with a massive fanbase who have paid a lot of money to use our stadium. What's the big deal with them putting their branding up while they use the stadium for literally one day?
    See my post on the sideman thread.

They could still have their own branding on/in the stadium. Look at the number of sponsors there are when managers & players do interviews. And F1 drivers have numerous logos / sponsors....hell, most of their clothing is covered. 
    You see everything as a negative though so 🤷‍♂️
  • It’s not the first time that sidemen have played at The Valley, on their previous occasions has the the badge been covered over?
    Apparently not.
    And it’s been uncovered again according to Twitter.
  • Are they covering all our badges, like the one in the middle of the AC Stand?
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks a bit damaged.
  • What happened to the one that fell apart a few years back? Someone must of nabbed a bit of it. 
  • I came out of the school yesterday to a message that said “Guess who sanctioned this” with a photo of the covered badge. 
    *mustard or ketchup *

I do sort of understand the problem of the badge being covered, that being it’s our identity, but I do wish people/fans would get that upset about how staff are being treated then maybe we could bring about some change to that. 🤷‍♂️
  • T_C_E said:
    I came out of the school yesterday to a message that said “Guess who sanctioned this” with a photo of the covered badge. 
    *mustard or ketchup *

I do sort of understand the problem of the badge being covered, that being it’s our identity, but I do wish people/fans would get that upset about how staff are being treated then maybe we could bring about some change to that. 🤷‍♂️
    Reason it has been stopped apparently is due to TS. It's him who is responsible for the staff and he should and would of seen the messages of discontent about his treatment of the staff, referring mainly to Ollys dismissal. 

People were angry at that but what would you expect them to do apart from disapprove. It's up to TS what he does with his staff. He chose to be a knob about it. 
  • I think you may have misunderstood my comments, I believe he is back in the states. While he is responsible overall for his staff and their decisions he may not have been aware what happened, as the decision to remove the covering was later on in the afternoon the time difference would make that understandable. 
    Trust me no one despises some of the things deemed as ok by this ownership as me, but this incident isn’t as high on the list as others. 
  • Can't see twitter, what's going on?
  • T_C_E said:
    I think you may have misunderstood my comments, I believe he is back in the states. While he is responsible overall for his staff and their decisions he may not have been aware what happened, as the decision to remove the covering was later on in the afternoon the time difference would make that understandable. 
    Trust me no one despises some of the things deemed as ok by this ownership as me, but this incident isn’t as high on the list as others. 
    Might of misunderstood but we know now what each other meant. You know more than I do about this latest ownership.

my 2 pence worth is I don't like how he has treated his staff and I believe the bloke has no clue about football or running a football club. I know he has done alright in his other companies but as we know it doesn't necessarily translate to football club ownership. 

I was one of a handful of people that questioned his ability at the start. Probably due to being burnt too many times. Unfortunately I seem to be proven right with my original assessment. 
  • seth plum said:
    Looks a bit damaged.
    Looks a bit plastic 
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    Surprised people think this isn't something to be annoyed at. 

Our club budge on our own stadium was being covered up, it's a liberty. It's our pride and joy as a fan base and nothing should ever cover it up. 
    Someone should tweet about it. It's an affront to our club budgie. 
  • T_C_E said:
    I came out of the school yesterday to a message that said “Guess who sanctioned this” with a photo of the covered badge. 
    *mustard or ketchup *

I walked past the Valley. A lot of contractors are working around the stadium. Some things have covered but nothing of importance. I imagine they are working to a schedule created by the sponsors. 

There were posts on Twitter to say that the white seats had been painted over. They haven't.
  • If the YouTubers had hired the Emirates or Stamford Bridge, would they have even considered covering up the Arsenal or Chelsea badges?
  • The Valley this morning 
  • The Valley this morning 
    Disappointing that ‘Sidemen’ hasn’t been picked out in white on the West Stand seats 😉

As an aside - West Stand should be renamed ‘The Lennie Lawrence Stand’ - only my opinion, for what it’s worth
  • edited September 2022
    The Valley this morning 
    I see the sideman are going to use the advertising as backboards & score from the rear of the goal as well.. 
    😄
  • edited September 2022
    No point in getting upset about our club badge getting covered up, I think it’s clear for all to see how we fund a striker signing in January.
  • What's a sideman?
    Is this Garner's new jargon for an ineffective winger?
  • No point in getting upset about our club badge getting covered up, I think it’s clear for all to see how we fund a striker signing in January.
    Sign a striker in January, dream on. 
  • No point in getting upset about our club badge getting covered up, I think it’s clear for all to see how we fund a stinker signing in January.
    Fixed that for you MIA...  :D