Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football at the Valley next Saturday

Anybody know about a football game at the Valley next Saturday 24th ? Had a mate from North London asking whether Charlton is a safe area as his 15 year old has tickets to a game next week. Think it's a social media thing but don't have any other details.
Thanks if you can help

Comments

• Anybody know about a football game at the Valley next Saturday 24th ? Had a mate from North London asking whether Charlton is a safe area as his 15 year old has tickets to a game next week. Think it's a social media thing but don't have any other details.
    Thanks if you can help
    Its a bunch of you tubers playing another set of you tubers.  its a sell out
  • It's the Sidemen game, they're YouTubers, the game is for charity, and it will be busy but I'm sure there will be a lot of young people there 
  • sam3110 said:
    It's the Sidemen game, they're YouTubers, the game is for charity, and it will be busy but I'm sure there will be a lot of young people there 
    Thanks Sam
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    Anybody know about a football game at the Valley next Saturday 24th ? Had a mate from North London asking whether Charlton is a safe area as his 15 year old has tickets to a game next week. Think it's a social media thing but don't have any other details.
    Thanks if you can help
    Sell out ? hmm sandgaard is missing out somewhere along the line.
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    Thanks if you can help
    The you tubers have massive number of followers amongst the youth
  • edited September 2022
    There will be thousands of kids there with parents I’d imagine. As long as your friend’s kid stays within the vicinity of the stadium they’ll be fine.
  • It'll be interesting how the stadium copes with a sellout, when you consider the regular experience in terms of turnstiles, catering, toilets etc when only half full
  • Who gets the revenue from ticket sales, Roland or Sandgaard? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I took my youngest to the first one of these, it was awful, broke my heart on so many levels, least of all the fact that it was the only sell-out game we’d had since he was of attending age….
  • Once Thomas catches on that this is the future and sees the revenue he REALLY will lose interest in our football team!
  • There will be thousands of kids there with parents I’d imagine. As long as your friend’s kid stays within the vicinity of the stadium they’ll be fine.
    It's hardly South Central LA. Safe to say that they can stray fairly widely outside of the vicinity of the stadium and be absolutely fine (unless of course they reach the outskirts of Blackheath, at which point they should start to panic).
    Well yes that’s true, maybe vicinity was the wrong word to use. I was thinking more along the lines of getting lost rather than anything else!
  • Will be the last time it's at the Valley, they could sell it out twice over. Will be at a bigger venue next time i'm sure. 
  • So I see his plan now sign the YouTubers up cheap for the 1st team,sell out the stadium every week…his wish,he will prob get his break even or top it…see then running a football team comes easy…n he wouldn’t even need football people around him (it’s happening already) just needs some cheap influencers on board…Simples…!!

CAYTFC
  • These are useful money spinners for the club and four of these per annum would contribute well to Sandgaard’s current budget strategy without a doubt. Had planned to take my lad to this, but hadn’t realised it coincided with a match day, though he is still hoping!
  • There will be thousands of kids there with parents I’d imagine. As long as your friend’s kid stays within the vicinity of the stadium they’ll be fine.
    It's hardly South Central LA. Safe to say that they can stray fairly widely outside of the vicinity of the stadium and be absolutely fine (unless of course they reach the outskirts of Blackheath, at which point they should start to panic).
    I dunno, Makro’s car park isn’t far from the stadium…
  • Surely they are just renting for the day from Sandgaard.  Will bring in some cash but he won't benefit from the full ticket revenue as the net of that is for charity.
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    Thanks if you can help
    Nope Sandgaard has technically sold out the Valley
  • Who gets the revenue from ticket sales, Roland or Sandgaard? 
    The club