Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Minibus explodes in Forest Hill

Happened yesterday outside The Hill pub on Dartmouth Road.  Fortunately, so I’ve heard, no one died. 

Comments

• Heard some rumours about this being a revenge attack on the owner of the pub who had a row with and/or sacked a load of staff... Might be BS though. 
  • Insurance jobbie.... if noone was hurt/died surely 
  • Insurance jobbie.... if noone was hurt/died surely 

Supposedly there were people in it at the time so I don't think it's an insurance job.
  • exploded, or simply caught fire?
  • IdleHans said:
    exploded, or simply caught fire?
    I heard it blew up. Whether that was the cause of the fire or the fire got to the fuel, I don’t know. 
  • Doesn't look as if it broke any windows
  • IdleHans said:
    Doesn't look as if it broke any windows
    Quite a lot of the windows in the pub were missing the next morning.
  • That’s a pub I never went in.  I’ve been in The Signal, The Dartmouth Arms, The Sylvan Post and the one a bit further up on the corner toward crystal palace, but never that one and one quite close to it, The Bird and Feathers - I think.  Those two looked like dives.  
  • Bird in Hand.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Bird in Hand was a decent pub at one time, Tim Spall used to drink in there.   
  • cabbles said:
    That’s a pub I never went in.  I’ve been in The Signal, The Dartmouth Arms, The Sylvan Post and the one a bit further up on the corner toward crystal palace, but never that one and one quite close to it, The Bird and Feathers - I think.  Those two looked like dives.  
    The one further up the road, Bricklayers Arms opposite the police station or the Woodman a bit further on KIrkdale.

Didn't Nicky Bailey have something to do with the Bricklayers, run by his family?

• reminds me of an IRA attack. Outside a pub an all. 
  • The Bird in Hand was a decent pub at one time, Tim Spall used to drink in there.   
    The Bird in Hand used to do real ale, don't know if it still does, but it does show the football.  Also, they do a charity book sale once a year, so not quite the dive it looks.
  • cabbles said:
    That’s a pub I never went in.  I’ve been in The Signal, The Dartmouth Arms, The Sylvan Post and the one a bit further up on the corner toward crystal palace, but never that one and one quite close to it, The Bird and Feathers - I think.  Those two looked like dives.  
    The Dartmouth Arms is now a MeatLiquor.

The tall, good looking bloke with the full beard behind the bar at The Sylvan Post is AAjr.  I can't for the life of me imagine who he's inherited his looks from.
  • That pub and mini bus look horrendous. 
  • iaitch said:
    cabbles said:
    The one further up the road, Bricklayers Arms opposite the police station or the Woodman a bit further on KIrkdale.

Didn't Nicky Bailey have something to do with the Bricklayers, run by his family?

I think the Woodman is cafe now.  I’ve been in the Bricklayers arms.  That’s similar in clientele to the Bird in Hand.  Quite good those type of pubs still exist in that part of the world really.  I grew up down the road in Brockley.  It’s changed so much - go down Brockley high street from the station all the way through to Crofton Park, it’s coffee shop central with a few upmarket bars and restaurants.  

The Bird in Hand used to do real ale, don't know if it still does, but it does show the football.  Also, they do a charity book sale once a year, so not quite the dive it looks.
    The ale was the reason I used to drink in there, AA.  :)