Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ITV to take over highlights show from next season

Comments

• Fully expect hour highlights of one team in the Championship, then 30mins of goals in every other game.
  • Already a thread on this. But agree with you. 
  • ITV has been consistently awful whenever they have done highlights shows. This, I imagine, will follow suit. EFL on quest is excellent with the pundits they have on - ones that actually know about the lower leagues.

Wouldn't be surprised to see old PL has beens rolled out by ITV.

Although, if we carry on playing like we have been recently I certainly wouldn't be tuning in whatever channel it is on!
  • Thought you meant instead of match of the day for a moment. Was looking forward to another Lisbie hat-trick.
  • clive said:
    Nice that the highlights will be available on the ITV Hub for 30-days afterwards

Found watching the Quest highlights online a bit ropey at times
  • Sponsored links:

• Now that you can watch highlights on sky the viewing figures for this show must be pretty low.

I certainly have no interest in sitting through Fleetwood Vs Accrington so that I can see thirty seconds of Charlton's game.
  • Now that you can watch highlights on sky the viewing figures for this show must be pretty low.

I certainly have no interest in sitting through Fleetwood Vs Accrington so that I can see thirty seconds of Charlton's game.
    Or can focus on longer highlights for the club you want to see on YouTube, and not just the goals

The whole point of the show IS to see the other teams though, and have some analysis of the leagues as a whole. 

The whole point of the show IS to see the other teams though, and have some analysis of the leagues as a whole. 
    Maybe it's just not for me then or maybe they have too much content and not enough time. I'm not sure how much you can get from seeing a few seconds of other teams.
  • Ok programme what what I saw if it last night but still too much chat inbetween the highlights. Just show 3 mins of each game & be done.
  • Slightly surprised they only had one pundit, but otherwise that was much the same programme as the Quest one thankfully

Ok programme what what I saw if it last night but still too much chat inbetween the highlights. Just show 3 mins of each game & be done.
    Personally I like the "chat", as in the EFL it's hard to keep track with all the goings on across the 3 divisions
  • cfgs said:
    cabbles said:
    I thought it was okay.  They didn’t divert much from Quest.  The presenter was okay but Colin Murray is very amiable and speaks with passion.  He was the best out of all the EFL shows over the years 
    Colin Murray has the joy and appetite for football beyond most, not everyone's cup of tea but I will miss him.  A true friend of the football supporter
    Colin Murray was great on Quest but for some reason I can’t stand listening to him on the radio . 
  • Sponsored links:

• I love Colin Murray and used to like Manish Bhasin when he presented the football league show
  • Finding it hard to watch with the number of 3-4 minute ad breaks. I don’t have sky so I’m reliant on ITV hub so can’t fast forward through them unfortunately. Neither of the two main presenters are a patch on Murray I’m afraid. The bloke is a bit dull and the woman is a bit too enthusiastic. Somewhere between the two and we’d be sorted. 
  • Same basic format as Quest. Less manager interviews I think though.
  • seth plum said:
    I see Jason Pearce played for us on Saturday according to their commentator!
    How could such a weird mistake have happened?
    I reckon they used last season’s squad numbers.
  • Finding it hard to watch with the number of 3-4 minute ad breaks. I don’t have sky so I’m reliant on ITV hub so can’t fast forward through them unfortunately. Neither of the two main presenters are a patch on Murray I’m afraid. The bloke is a bit dull and the woman is a bit too enthusiastic. Somewhere between the two and we’d be sorted. 
    I record it - then I can fast forwrd past the Championship and all the ad breaks to watch the bits I want - otherwise it can be mind-numbingly boring...
  • CafcWest said:
    Finding it hard to watch with the number of 3-4 minute ad breaks. I don’t have sky so I’m reliant on ITV hub so can’t fast forward through them unfortunately. Neither of the two main presenters are a patch on Murray I’m afraid. The bloke is a bit dull and the woman is a bit too enthusiastic. Somewhere between the two and we’d be sorted. 
    I record it - then I can fast forwrd past the Championship and all the ad breaks to watch the bits I want - otherwise it can be mind-numbingly boring...
    That’s what I used to do with Sky but I cancelled my subscription when I bought a property that I couldn’t easily have a dish on/the prices hiked/their customer service went down the toilet. I watch all my footie now via a monthly Now TV subscription or terrestrial TV via the appropriate apps (iPlayer, ITV Hub, Discovery plus last year for Quest). Unfortunately you can’t record on the apps, just stream or pay for an ad free stream which I’m unwilling to do. The amount of ads on ITV Hub and More4 is absolutely outrageous. We tried to watch a drama series the other night and gave up. There were 5 four minute and breaks in a one hour show and you had to watch 5 minutes of ads just to get in. The actual programme was 39 minutes long. It’s farcical. 
  • CafcWest said:
    Finding it hard to watch with the number of 3-4 minute ad breaks. I don’t have sky so I’m reliant on ITV hub so can’t fast forward through them unfortunately. Neither of the two main presenters are a patch on Murray I’m afraid. The bloke is a bit dull and the woman is a bit too enthusiastic. Somewhere between the two and we’d be sorted. 
    100% this.

I fast forward the ads, the manager interviews and the pundit chats, I only used to listen to the 2 x guys who do the podcast's etc but their names escape me, they have not appeared on this new format yet.   
  • Yes to all the fast forwarding to cut out ads and punditry, works on the much more predictable Match of the Day too.
    When you more or less know what will happen in the Premiership, the EFL is more interesting…although it is a bugger to avoid knowing the half times on a match day, it spoils the surprise if watching later.
  • never thought I'd say this .. Bring back Colin Murray and less chinwag, more highlights (unless the prog is restricted to the time allowed for game footage)