Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cost of Living Payment?

Does anyone know if this payment is only eligible for certain categories of people. I’m 68 receiving my pension and also receiving a disability payment?

I seem to remember seeing some information that it would be in peoples bank accounts by the end July?  It hasn’t arrived in mine yet, maybe I’m not eligible?

Any info, appreciated.

Comments

• Does anyone know if this payment is only eligible for certain categories of people. I’m 68 receiving my pension and also receiving a disability payment?

I seem to remember seeing some information that it would be in peoples bank accounts by the end July?  It hasn’t arrived in mine yet, maybe I’m not eligible?

Any info, appreciated.
    thought it was only for those in council tax bands A to D.
  • Its only for those on certain benefits such as universal credit but even then not everyone is entitled to it. For instance I am on universal credit, mainly due to switching from child tax credits. But I get nil awards most of the time due to my income and my partners student income being taken into consideration, so because of this, I am not entitled to the cost of living payment. 

There is a smaller cost of living payment for those on certain disability benefits as shown below. Hope this helps
  • When is payment due ?
  • Its only for those on certain benefits such as universal credit but even then not everyone is entitled to it. For instance I am on universal credit, mainly due to switching from child tax credits. But I get nil awards most of the time due to my income and my partners student income being taken into consideration, so because of this, I am not entitled to the cost of living payment. 

There is a smaller cost of living payment for those on certain disability benefits as shown below. Hope this helps
    Ah great, thanks for posting. Don’t know why I didn’t Google, Doh!
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62338543

Details of £400 energy payment to households revealed

• edited August 2022
    Does anyone know if this payment is only eligible for certain categories of people. I’m 68 receiving my pension and also receiving a disability payment?

Any info, appreciated.
    thought it was only for those in council tax bands A to D.
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/council-tax-rebate-factsheet

The council tax rebate will provide a payment of £150 to households living in council tax bands A – D. Local councils are responsible for determining who is eligible and making payments. These will be made from April 2022 and will not need to be paid back.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62338543

Details of £400 energy payment to households revealed

Actually maybe it was this I was thinking of, thanks for posting.