Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season ticket perk Women's games

Just in case anyone missed it (and I did) Season Ticket holders get into Women's home games for free now. Didn't work for me a few days ago, but now the Ticketing system gives you the free ticket. Signed in and I just selected the ticket for their first game, added to basket and hey presto £0.00 appears on payment screen. You do need to print it out, but I personally think this is a great perk and I have spent many a Sunday afternoon watching their games and can now do so for free!

Comments

• nice bar too and tea hut does food too
  • Crazy offer when they’re trying to sell season tickets for the women’s team. 
  • edited July 2022
    Crusty54 said:
    Crazy offer when they’re trying to sell season tickets for the women’s team. 
    I take your point but I think it's about getting numbers in through the gate, establishing a habit.

I think and this may have changed there is a minimum crowds level to qualify for the championship.
  • Kap10 said:
    Crusty54 said:
    I take your point but I think it's about getting numbers in through the gate, establishing a habit.

I think and this may have changed there is a minimum crowds level to qualify for the championship.
    Correct, and yes there is an average minimum for the championship.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Kap10 said:
    Crusty54 said:

Is there? I've read they would like to get Championship averages up to 1,000, but not seen a hard and fast rule 
  • So just to be clear unless you get over a thousand average crowd in you can't be promoted? 
  • Rothko said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Kap10 said:
    Crusty54 said:

Is there? I've read they would like to get Championship averages up to 1,000, but not seen a hard and fast rule 
    I don't recall the exact number, but it wasn't 1,000, that is the FA's target. When I was helping out, Stephen King mentioned to me the minimum when the team were promoted, got a feeling it was 500 but don't quote me on that.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Rothko said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Kap10 said:
    Crusty54 said:

I don't recall the exact number, but it wasn't 1,000, that is the FA's target. When I was helping out, Stephen King mentioned to me the minimum when the team were promoted, got a feeling it was 500 but don't quote me on that.
    I'm sure that was IT.
  • edited July 2022
    Is this true re minimum attendances?

Ok ambition to fill grounds for whatever team/sport is great, but how could you deny a promotion on it ? Surely that league becomes more , for want of a better word , elitist ? 

Sure if a ground itself isn't safe enough, but number of bums on seats ? A natural progression should increase that on promotion anyway. Smaller clubs/ teams don't deserve promotion ? I think that is off!
  • Sponsored links:

• WSS said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rothko said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Kap10 said:
    Crusty54 said:

I'm sure that was IT.

Well done, @WSS
    ;)

• I don't think you wouldn't get promoted for that alone, but in theory were you promoted and failed to achieve the minimum average you could in effect be relegated I believe.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    I don't think you wouldn't get promoted for that alone, but in theory were you promoted and failed to achieve the minimum average you could in effect be relegated I believe.
    still crazy imo
  • Just in case anyone missed it (and I did) Season Ticket holders get into Women's home games for free now. Didn't work for me a few days ago, but now the Ticketing system gives you the free ticket. Signed in and I just selected the ticket for their first game, added to basket and hey presto £0.00 appears on payment screen. You do need to print it out, but I personally think this is a great perk and I have spent many a Sunday afternoon watching their games and can now do so for free!

Did not work for me :-(
  • Women
  • Seeing as my previous post was for some bizarre reason deleted I’ll post it again ....

it’s only a ‘perk’ if you are at all interested in watching the women’s/ ladies team play. 
  • Seeing as my previous post was for some bizarre reason deleted I’ll post it again ....

it’s only a ‘perk’ if you are at all interested in watching the women’s/ ladies team play. 
    A very astute comment! 

And of course if it works when you try to get a ticket!

not being pedantic but its still a perk , just not one you would use ? :) 
  • As a (mens) season ticket holder and being of advanced years I was able to purchase the women's season ticket last season for about £17.  I did this because I just wanted to show support - a bit like the kit sponsorship scheme that CL run.  I never actually attended the games. 

This year it went up to £30 and I thought OK, it won't break the bank I'll purchase again.  I genuinely like the advancements made in women's sport and I like to think my two young granddaughters will grow up in a world where opportunities in sport exist.

I don't think my nose has been put out of joint exactly, but this does seem a strange decision - especially as there was no mention when Charlton allowed me to pay for this season's ticket.

Surely there's a better way to handle this - the club could market and sell those season tickets at a nominal rate.  Those interested would buy and it would be evidenced on paper of a growing fan base.

Now then, do I protest to the club as a point of principle or let it go?  TBH I don't think I can be arsed.

• Think I prefer the perk from last year, where I got 12p off a pint at there game of choice. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Is this true re minimum attendances?

Ok ambition to fill grounds for whatever team/sport is great, but how could you deny a promotion on it ? Surely that league becomes more , for want of a better word , elitist ? 

Sure if a ground itself isn't safe enough, but number of bums on seats ? A natural progression should increase that on promotion anyway. Smaller clubs/ teams don't deserve promotion ? I think that is off!
    With promotion the away support at games would be larger. This was demonstrated last season with the games against Liverpool and Everton where they bought coach loads of supporters to The Oakwood. Overall the attendance will be higher.

As has been said the bar and food inside the ground at The Oakwood make it worth going to games.
  • As a (mens) season ticket holder and being of advanced years I was able to purchase the women's season ticket last season for about £17.  I did this because I just wanted to show support - a bit like the kit sponsorship scheme that CL run.  I never actually attended the games. 

This year it went up to £30 and I thought OK, it won't break the bank I'll purchase again.  I genuinely like the advancements made in women's sport and I like to think my two young granddaughters will grow up in a world where opportunities in sport exist.

I don't think my nose has been put out of joint exactly, but this does seem a strange decision - especially as there was no mention when Charlton allowed me to pay for this season's ticket.

Surely there's a better way to handle this - the club could market and sell those season tickets at a nominal rate.  Those interested would buy and it would be evidenced on paper of a growing fan base.

Now then, do I protest to the club as a point of principle or let it go?  TBH I don't think I can be arsed.

I did email the ticket office on Sunday to protest about giving away free tickets when trying to sell season tickets Not surprisingly they haven't bothered to reply.

The squad is still too small for a successful season.
  • edited August 2022
    Just in case anyone missed it (and I did) Season Ticket holders get into Women's home games for free now. Didn't work for me a few days ago, but now the Ticketing system gives you the free ticket. Signed in and I just selected the ticket for their first game, added to basket and hey presto £0.00 appears on payment screen. You do need to print it out, but I personally think this is a great perk and I have spent many a Sunday afternoon watching their games and can now do so for free!

edit - as per season ticket benefits details, just games at The Oakwood
  • edited August 2022
    As below  04 - just for games held at The Oakwood and the Birmingham game is at The Valley , so no perks for that one
  • Stewart said:
    Think I prefer the perk from last year, where I got 12p off a pint at there game of choice. 
    More appealing.
  • As below  04 - just for games held at The Oakwood and the Birmingham game is at The Valley , so no perks for that one
    Now just for one game at The Oakwood.
  • Crusty54 said:
    As below  04 - just for games held at The Oakwood and the Birmingham game is at The Valley , so no perks for that one
    I spoke today to the Ticket Office who say its as 04 above still, every home Oakwood game ? I am confused now :)
  • Crusty54 said:
    I spoke today to the Ticket Office who say its as 04 above still, every home Oakwood game ? I am confused now :)
    It was then decided they had to honour the offer.

I have done the decent thing and bought a season ticket.
  • As a season ticket holder I have tried to purchase a ticket to the West Ham game, however it insists on trying to charge me £10.50.......
  • As a season ticket holder I have tried to purchase a ticket to the West Ham game, however it insists on trying to charge me £10.50.......
    that's a friendly so not included ?