Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Deji Elerewe - Signed permanently for Bromley (p4)

edited February 2 in General Charlton
Surprised at that unless there is another signing in the offing. Apologies if already posted elsewhere but I couldn’t see it. 

Comments

• Got the impression Ness has jumped above him in the pecking order. Watched all the PSF games and that is what I have thought IMO.
  • I thought if he went on loan he'd get a League 2 team. Good signing for Wealdstone.
  • backwards step for a young man who was so promising a few months back
  • I thought if he went on loan he'd get a League 2 team. Good signing for Wealdstone.
    The lack of transfer windows makes NL loans much more flexible, and the standard is good too
  • Unless we get an injury crisis, this has got to be a good thing for Deji and us, all the best Deji!
  • Unless we get an injury crisis, this has got to be a good thing for Deji and us, all the best Deji!
    Even if we get an injury crisis, we can just recall him
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Unless we get an injury crisis, this has got to be a good thing for Deji and us, all the best Deji!
    Even if we get an injury crisis, we can just recall him
    But only after 28 days?

We do seem to have a consistent run of injury crises at Charlton, it’s just picking the month it’s going to happen, I’m going for November, as I think a few of our lot will want to make sure they don’t miss watching the World Cup!  :*
  • Does this mean we have a centre back incoming?
  • Richard J said:
    Does this mean we have a centre back incoming?
    we have 5 centre backs in the squad (allocated numbers), Inniss has a terrible fitness record, Lavelle missed a large chunk of last season, O'Connell is a newcomer, Elewere and Ness are young and inexperienced.
    Elewere being loaned to a fifth strata club indicates to me that Garner is not convinced  by him, IF he was, then he would keep him around to keep abreast of tactics, ideas and to feel part of the team fabric. He would keep fit playing in the junior teams. 
    Could be that (as said above) Ness has overtaken him in the pecking order, OR another defender is coming in. Whatever, Elewere being loaned out, i m o does not auger well for his long term Charlton career. I hope this is not the case
  • Good long term move for both him and the club. Much better than a short term view of keeping him in the U23 just in case. Henry went to Wealdstone last year and benefited. Suspect he will be loaned out again to gain experience. 
  • ‘Frozen out’ 😉
  • He's not realistically going to be in the first choice squad unless we have a truly catastrophic set of injuries/suspensions, so this seems like a very good move for all parties honestly.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    Does this mean we have a centre back incoming?
    we have 5 centre backs in the squad (allocated numbers), Inniss has a terrible fitness record, Lavelle missed a large chunk of last season, O'Connell is a newcomer, Elewere and Ness are young and inexperienced.
    Elewere being loaned to a fifth strata club indicates to me that Garner is not convinced  by him, IF he was, then he would keep him around to keep abreast of tactics, ideas and to feel part of the team fabric. He would keep fit playing in the junior teams. 
    Could be that (as said above) Ness has overtaken him in the pecking order, OR another defender is coming in. Whatever, Elewere being loaned out, i m o does not auger well for his long term Charlton career. I hope this is not the case
    Mate he is 18
    19 in about 6 weeks .. old enough IF he's good enough (in the eyes of the management) .. Bowyer, Shelvey, we had Paul, Went as a regular central defender in the days when the game was much more dirty and physical than it is now .. 'mate' age is irrelevant, if you're good enough, you're old enough .. last time I'll say this .. he should still be with us and NOT Wealdstone .. Amen
  • edited July 2022
    He's a great prospect but he's not another Bowyer or Shelvey who were ready for the first team at 16. If he's clearly too good for the 5th tier we can recall him after 4 weeks and get him into our team. The speed Leaburn has progressed shows the opportunity is there. Maybe he's not shown Garner enough yet but it's far better for him to play regularly in the 5th tier than for our u23s.
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    He's not realistically going to be in the first choice squad unless we have a truly catastrophic set of injuries/suspensions, so this seems like a very good move for all parties honestly.
    This is Charlton, so it'll probably happen this week!
  • Inniss gives Lavelle and O'Connell a lift to training and has a prang.
  • iaitch said:
    Inniss gives Lavelle and O'Connell a lift to training and has a prang.
    let's all pray that a soothsayer you aint ((:>)
  • It feels that Ness has jumped ahead of Deji.
  • iaitch said:
    Inniss gives Lavelle and O'Connell a lift to training and has a prang.
    let's all pray that a soothsayer you aint ((:>)
    Lincs, judging by my selections at Glorious Goodwood last week no I'm not.
  • I have to say that from what I have seen he is not good enough. I certainly see more potential in Ness.
  • mendonca said:
    It feels that Ness has jumped ahead of Deji.
    Ness is older and last season he went out on loan to get experience as did Clayden and Henry.

It may just be that the club feel this is the best next step for Deji
  • NL is a decent level to learn at - interesting to see how he gets on. 
  • @bolloxbolder you are a good judge, and know your development players.
    On Deji I would disagree with you saying he isn't good enough. Isn't it a bit early to judge?
    Admittedly I rate him, as I do Ness, and Bakrin has come on a fair bit over the last year too.