Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Newcastle for Sale

£100 million for a Chumps League team ? makes what we where asking 6 months back seem cheap.

Comments

• Somewhat down on the 230 million Ashley wanted less than a year ago. Could be quite an attractive proposition as a big club, big crowds and with the right management, could make an instant return to the Prem.

Dowie will obviously be part of the plans.
  • edited June 2009
    I love the story on their website:
    "Email us if you're interested"!

NUFC
  • I got an email from a Nigerian who wants me to help him move £100 million, perhaps he would be interested?
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]£100 million for a Chumps League team ? makes what we where asking 6 months back seem cheap.

I don't think it's just £100m. The new owners would have to find an additional £40m(?) to pay off the debts and £60m a year to fund player salaries
  • I believe those loveable Hamsters were sold for £100 million today.
  • edited June 2009
    West Ham have been taken over by asset management company CB Holding.

Chairman Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson and vice-chairman Asgeir Fridgeirsson have resigned from the club's board.

The new non-executive chairman will be Andrew Bernhardt, a senior director with Iceland's Straumur Bank, which is the major shareholder of CB Holding.

Linky: Hamster Scamster takeover

Icy ........it all stays pretty Icelandic.