Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jason Euell departs (now First-Team Coach @ Bristol City)

edited June 2022 in General Charlton
Charlton Athletic can confirm the departure of men’s First-Team Coach Jason Euell.Euell was promoted to the role in April 2021 after eight successful years as a senior coach in the club’s academy.Charlton Owner and CEO Thomas Sandgaard said: “Jason is a Charlton legend and I would like to thank him for everything he has done for the club. He was an incredible player and since joining the club’s coaching staff in 2013 has given his all to help move the club forwards. “In his coaching role in the club’s academy he was important in supporting the development of our academy players. During my time at the club he helped us in our strong finish to the 2020/21 season and then played a role in the club’s form stablising after our challenging start to the 2021/22 campaign. Everyone at the club would like to wish him the very best for the future.”Jason Euell said: "Charlton has played a huge role in my life and I’ve always tried to give back as much as it has given me over the years. But a football club is only ever as good as the people working in it and I’ve been lucky to work with some exceptional people since I rejoined in 2011.“I have to thank Paul Hart and Chris Powell for giving me the opportunity to start my coaching career here, and Steve Avory for his constant support and guidance throughout my time with the academy.“Thanks also to Nigel Adkins and Ged Roddy for giving me the role as first-team coach, Johnnie Jackson for our time together and my U23s assistant Hamza Serrar. I can’t thank ALL the players, the academy staff and everyone I have worked with at Sparrows Lane and The Valley enough.“Finally, though, I have to thank you - the Charlton fans. We’ve made so many memories together over the years and I hope you’ve always known how much this football club means to me. From day one you’ve made me and my family feel so welcome and supported. I’ll miss you - thanks for everything.“Whilst it’s hard to leave such a great club, I am excited for what the future holds as I take the next step in my coaching career.”Euell joined the club as Charlton’s record signing in 2001 and played 171 games for the Addicks in two spells, scoring 39 goals.He joined the academy coaching staff in 2013, managing the U21s and then the U23s before taking up the role with the men’s first team. The club would like to extend its sincere thanks to Jason for everything he has done for Charlton Athletic and wish him all the very best in his future career.https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/62b4676ac034f/jason-euell-departs-as-first-team-coach

Comments

• total clean sweep....best of luck Jason
  • edited June 2022
    Been a great servant to the club, all the best in the future Jason.

His connection will always make me smile, as my late Grandad (who died in 2002) was never a fan of Jason as a player when he joined the club - So on a personal level it feels a bit ironic how long he's been around.
  • Best wishes Jason.
  • It’s a real shame that Jason has gone but it’s probably for the best. Wishing him well in his future career … Legend. 
  • All the best in the future for Jason, but think this is the right move for the club moving forwards. 
  • All the best, was always on the cards, and personally I think it is a good thing, total new ideas, new vision, new attitude. But thank you Jason 
  • Sponsored links:

• no surprise to me as Garner will want his own staff in key positions .. all the best Jason E
  • Well i would say thanks to Jason Euell,  if only for the good academy teams and players he coached. one of my all time favourites. Charlton players.
  • All the very best Jason. It has been a pleasure and I haven't written off you returning in the future.
  • edited June 2022
    I hope he now goes on and gets a crack in Management - He deserves it, in an age where U23 Managers are getting hired by other clubs, we should remember how well he did in that role here
  • Not surprised. Good luck Jason 
  • Reckon Garners other assistant will come in then. I see one of them is now the Swindon manager and has made Jamie Day his assistant at Swindon.
    Proper Welling connection there then - Shame his adventure with Bangladesh has come to an end.
  • As others have said, probably for the best and not a surprise. Good luck to him in his next role.
  • Sponsored links:

• total clean sweep....best of luck Jason
    Apart from the keepers coach
  • Really like him and all the work he has done at Charlton in various guises over the years.
    My perception is of a classy and reflective individual and I wish him the very best in the future whatever it brings.
    Many thanks Jason Euell.
  • Also gutted to lose Big Jace. 
    Somebody post the Highbury or Chelsea Boxing Day goals please. 
    End of an era - best of luck and always welcome back Jason. 

PS
    Naughty Boy and Beyoncé also gutted that he is Running off. 
  • Best of luck.  Great servant and I will always remember that 4th at Highbury.  Stunned silence around the ground from those spineless arsenal fans and Thierry Henry’s pout so far from his face it was probably a reverberation in his backside 
  • Does feel sad that he never got the chance to be our manager. Had done well coaching the U23s for years but Bowyer and Jackson both managed to jump in the queue ahead of him despite less coaching experience. Hope he can go into management, do well and then return in the future 
  • Good Luke to Jason Euell and can see him popping up with his own managerial job soon. Let’s hope Garner has his team lined up.
  • A clean sweep isn't a bad idea, fresh ideas, fresh start.

But I really hope he goes on to do well elsewhere.
    100% this
  • Best wishes Jason, you'll always be one of my Charlton heroes.