Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

edited December 2022 in General Charlton

Carabao Cup

The Carabao Cup Round One draw will take place live on Sky Sports News at 2:30pm on Thursday 23 June.

A total of 35 ties will be drawn for Round One, which will include Stockport County and Grimsby Town who are returning to the EFL after achieving promotion from the National League.

Burnley, Watford and the Premier League Clubs that are not competing in Europe will join the competition in Round Two. Holders Liverpool, who overcame Chelsea in last season’s final at Wembley Stadium, will join in Round Three along with the other Premier League teams competing in Europe next season.

Carabao Cup Round One fixtures will take place week commencing 8 August.

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/june/carabao-cup-and-papa-johns-trophy-draws-to-take-place-on-efl-fixture-release-day/

Comments

• Grimsby away please 
  • edited June 2022
    Croydon said:
    Grimsby away please 
    Not possible... First Round at the very least is regionalised.
  • Croydon said:
    Grimsby away please 
    https://www.efl.com/news/2022/june/carabao-cup-round-one-draw-numbers/
  • edited June 2022
    clive said:
    Croydon said:
    Grimsby away please 
    https://www.efl.com/news/2022/june/carabao-cup-round-one-draw-numbers/
    Christ, almost had a heart attack as thought you were telling me that Grimsby were in the Southern Draw.

Thanks for posting though as was wondering which teams we could come up against

Newport or Sutton would be nice.
  • We'll probably get Swindon!
  • I'd like any london fixture in cup for us even gillingham is derby-ish
  • QPR away would be alright. 
  • Newport would be good.
  • at home to qpr

rather the other way round. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    QPR at home.. Not bad
  • good draw
  • Any idea who their Manager is...? ;) 
  • A London derby.
  • Pleased with that draw. Expect both teams to play weaker sides but at least we aren’t playing a league 1 club at home. 
  • Pleased with that draw. Expect both teams to play weaker sides but at least we aren’t playing a league 1 club at home. 
    That would be a good way to destroy young players’ confidence… 
  • Brilliant draw.
    Knocked out by Wimbledon's seconds string last season
  • The Michael Beale derby.
  • Happy with QPR. Would have ordered away, but big enough side to play at home. 

Though I bet we still won't need to open the upper covered end
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Grimsby away please 
    Not possible... First Round at the very least is charltonised.
    Fixed it for you. 
  • A very good draw considering the alternatives. It will very probably be our only London derby of the season.
  • I don’t get wanting this match away at Loftus Road - awful football ground - probably the worst away end in England - I have been to plenty of away games there, and haven’t been able to see the whole pitch - one game in particular, my seat was directly behind a floodlight pylon and I couldn’t see the pitch at all !!
    Exactly what I was thinking. Awful stadium 
  • edited June 2022
    I don’t get wanting this match away at Loftus Road - awful football ground - probably the worst away end in England - I have been to plenty of away games there, and haven’t been able to see the whole pitch - one game in particular, my seat was directly behind a floodlight pylon and I couldn’t see the pitch at all !!
    Exactly what I was thinking. Awful stadium 
    My seat was directly behind this pylon - they didn’t even have the decency to state on the ticket that it was restricted view, albeit even restricted view would not have been the right description - more like zero view !!!

• 2000+ on an away day is much more fun than less than 10k inside the valley
  • White City underground is less than 10 mins.
  • White City underground is less than 10 mins.
    Beat me to it - yet more drivel from this idiot !!
  • edited June 2022
    He's probably not heard of the underground.

The nearest London Underground station is White City on the Central Line, which is about a five minute walk away. Also nearby is Wood Lane Station, which is on the Hammersmith & City line. It is around a seven minute walk away from Loftus Road.

Otherwise there are two other tube stations close by; Shepherds Bush Market on the Hammersmith & City line and Shepherds Bush on the Central Line. The former is about a ten minute walk away from the ground, whilst the other is about 15 minutes.