Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Preseason Friendlies 2022 (Swansea home 23/7)

Just wondered when they’ll be announced, and who you’d like / think we’ll end up playing?

Comments

• I think they are going to Portugal.  No idea if they are playing anyone out there.

Probably all the local Charlton XI games.  

Reading, Welling, Norwich away and Fulham at home would be a good guess.
  • edited May 2022
    I reckon we might have 2-3 games in Portugal. Very light touch like previous overseas pre season camps.
  • Just wondered when they’ll be announced, and who you’d like / think we’ll end up playing?
    Celtic, Palace, Millwall, Ujpest.
  • Be very surprised if we dont play Welling after last year.

Colorado Rapids perhaps?
  • edited May 2022
    Be very surprised if we dont play Welling after last year.

Colorado Rapids perhaps?
    🤣 Are they touring Portugal too?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Be very surprised if we dont play Welling after last year.

Colorado Rapids perhaps?
    🤣 Are they touring Portugal too?
    Not sure if Welling can afford that, we'll probably play them at Park View Road mate
  • I hope we do Welling & Dartford, maybe Fulham or Brentford at the valley.
  • Think the season starts in July for Welling, so not 100% sure it will happen at all.
  • ROTW said:
    Think the season starts in July for Welling, so not 100% sure it will happen at all.
    The season starts for us in July too 
  • Sponsored links:

• Would like a tour of Denmark. Suspect we will get Welling, Wombles, Gillingham and Aldershot.
  • Gillingham away would be ok on a sunny day given we now aren't playing them in the league
  • Your lot should get in touch with our lot. We quite often give smaller local clubs a friendly just to help them out. 
    I honestly think you name is just a windup mate. You spend so much time on here you must really be Charlton 😉😉 you band JohnBoy should get together and just admit it 
  • And JohnBoy that was meant to say 😳
  • Would deffo go to Portugal if that’s true 
  • I’ve been pestering TS about a pre season tour all year. Wouldn’t it just be typical we have one and don’t include the fans 
  • Has anybody seen or heard of any games yet?
  • edited May 2022
    Has anybody seen or heard of any games yet?
    U23 match away to Deal Town on Sat 2nd July is all I’ve seen. 

It was 25th of May when we announced our first friendlies last season, but as the league season starts a week earlier in 2022/23 I would have thought we would have at least some announced by now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Academy side away to Ashford United on Tuesday 2nd August 7.45pm.
  • se9addick said:

It was 25th of May when we announced our first friendlies last season, but as the league season starts a week earlier in 2022/23 I would have thought we would have at least some announced by now.
    I'll have that, Deal is very pleasant.
  • I hope we do Welling & Dartford, maybe Fulham or Brentford at the valley.
    Five a side?
  • se9addick said:

I'll have that, Deal is very pleasant.
    Deal , or no Deal?
  • Hopefully they'll be released shortly, anything more found with the development squad fixtures?
  • Under 23’s away to St Neots Town on Tuesday 5th July 
  • shirty5 said:
    Under 23’s away to St Neots Town on Tuesday 5th July 
    I'll have that, only 10 mins walk from the station.