Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BUMPER END OF SEASON CHARLTON LIFE STATBANK 2021/22

We might not have a manager but we will always have the stats, enjoy your summer see you back on the stat trail in ...when?
I think the most depressing stat was the teams that did the double over us

Comments

• edited May 2022
    Gilbey was brilliant against Ipswich at home and his score of 8.20 was deserved.

Gilbert had shit for brains against Lincoln with his two pointless yellow cards in the first half and 2.64 was a deserved low score.

I haven't watched any of the action from the Ipswich away game but for Gilbey to score 2.52 and be the lowest mark of the season he must've been shocking.

Why did his form fall away ?

I wonder if Fraser had turned up fit and didn't get Covid and a knee injury that would've helped Alex to be stronger in the last quarter with both Fraser and Dobson in Midfield.

Alex Gilbey was the player I expected a lot from this season but his play is so erratic. 

• Fascinating stuff, thanks

It's interesting that of the 5 best individual performances
    1 was Gilbey, who ended up with 2 of the worst 5 performances as well
    1 was Leko, who also had 1 of the worst 5 performances as well, and fell out of favour
    1 was Pearce, who hasn't been offered a new contract
    1 was Purrington, who fell out of favour
  • MacGillivray 3rd (for 25+ appearances).
    It's not hard to see how he could win Pompey POTY, if he can come 3rd here.
  • thanks for all the excellent analysis!!  Some of it is grim reading but interesting to see team average was better than 16/17 which was another disappointing one but I do think that is fair, this season was slightly better in my view
  • Amazing that Pearce was runner up “player of the year” according to the statbank, wouldn’t have guessed that.

Cheers as always LL, a really great resource to have. 
  • Whatever happened to Chris Solly?
  • Great work @lancashire lad. Time for a well deserved rest now
  • So our goalkeeper got the same number of assists this season as DJ. 
  • MacGillivray 3rd (for 25+ appearances).
    It's not hard to see how he could win Pompey POTY, if he can come 3rd here.
    What a horrific season it was 
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks LL. I think we come to take for granted your hard work doing this every week. Let's hope we can get some better figures next season.
  • Brilliant work, LL. I hope @AFKABartram settles your invoice for this work quickly.
  • Great stats - thanks for all the hard graft.
  • Well done, solid effort for the season. Especially sticking with it coming down the final straight with nothing to play for. Thank you for all your hard work you put into this. 
  • I know the end was tarnished, but what wouldn't we give for a 2011/12 Chris Solly. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    I know the end was tarnished, but what wouldn't we give for a 2011/12 Chris Solly. 
    Yeah, but I'd have far rather had a 2011/12 Yann Kermorgant. As for Solly, such a silly silly boy. If he'd used his brain he'd have been feted as a hero forever more. As out is, he's meh at best. And for what? A season at Ebbsfleet.
  • Big thanks for all the hard work; enjoy your Summer
  • Stig said:
    wmcf123 said:
    I know the end was tarnished, but what wouldn't we give for a 2011/12 Chris Solly. 
    Yeah, but I'd have far rather had a 2011/12 Yann Kermorgant. As for Solly, such a silly silly boy. If he'd used his brain he'd have been feted as a hero forever more. As out is, he's meh at best. And for what? A season at Ebbsfleet.
    My comment was based on his phenomenally high mark in the stat bank.  And that he was quality.  
  • Games with most shots and least shots on target are for the previous season @lancashire lad
  • Games with most shots and least shots on target are for the previous season @lancashire lad
    Yes I did but I am unable to edit the original so here are the correct tables

• Sponsored links:

• 6 games with 1 shot on target or fewer  :#
  • edited May 2022
    Cheers @lancashire lad finally got to read it properly. Awesome effort 👏
  • Thanks @lancashire lad - always interesting stuff.

Difficult to get ones head around the fact that Matthews (2,655) and Stockley (2,814) played a very similar amount of minutes and yet their disciplinary records were so very different - the defender only received one yellow card and just eight fouls all season whereas as the forward received seven yellows and one red and committed 56 fouls. I get Stockley, to a degree, because he does put himself about but if we were to compare Matthews to say someone playing in the same position, Purrington (less minutes at 2,312), then he received eight yellow cards and committed 28 fouls. Every foul is a potential goal scoring opportunity for the opposition but the fact that Matthews's average mark was as low as 5.78 and those eight fouls suggests that he rarely made a tackle. 
  • It is interesting that defenders seem to get less yellows than midfielders and when they do get yellows it is usually for "taking one for the team" foul rather than something clumsy