Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Air fryers - any recommendations?

Sorry, boring topic but does anyone have any recommendations or products to avoid? Which? Best Buy gets mixed reviews

Comments

• No idea, but I have to say I'd never heard of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_fryer
  • Sorry, boring topic but does anyone have any recommendations or products to avoid? Which? Best Buy gets mixed reviews

I've got a Phillips. Don't know the model number but it's got an electronic display. Got nothing to compare it against, but it's been fine.
  • Sorry, boring topic but does anyone have any recommendations or products to avoid? Which? Best Buy gets mixed reviews

I've got a Phillips. Don't know the model number but it's got an electronic display. Got nothing to compare it against, but it's been fine.
    Ditto here, it's been fine.

Any recommendations for stuff to do in it? Has mainly been used for chips/sweet potato chips so far.

Any recommendations for stuff to do in it? Has mainly been used for chips/sweet potato chips so far.
    Anything you would cook in a normal fryer :)
  • We have a Phillips one

http://www.tesco.com/direct/philips-hd9220-air-fryer-black/210-5861.prd

Great for most things you fry/do in the oven.

Great for frozen samosas, spring rolls etc
  • shine166 said:

Sorry, boring topic but does anyone have any recommendations or products to avoid? Which? Best Buy gets mixed reviews

I've never used a deep fat fryer in my life! Got by with the microwave, the oven and the hob.
  • shine166 said:

I've never used a deep fat fryer in my life! Got by with the microwave, the oven and the hob.
    it's not a deep fat fryer . It uses a tablespoon of oil .
  • shine166 said:

I know mate, was replying to the comment to use it for anything I'd deep fat fry.
  • Are they any good though ?
  • Are they any good though ?

Works very well for homemade chips.
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:

I know mate, was replying to the comment to use it for anything I'd deep fat fry.
    No problem.
  • Funny enough, after a bit of research I got a duronic. Just had its first run out, lovely rosemary wedges with one teaspoon of oil. Very impressed.
  • I'll get one when Lidl start selling them for £30..............

• Are these inferior to traditional fryers when it comes to things like fish done in batter?
  • We still use those big old fashioned box shaped things with a door that we called an oven.

• Are these inferior to traditional fryers when it comes to things like fish done in batter?

I'd think it wouldn't be quite as nice, though if you're not a fan of greasy food it might be better. The trade off is using no oil

Depends on the size i think. They aren't very big.
  • We still use those big old fashioned box shaped things with a door that we called an oven.

Not sure how much cooking you do, but a fryer and over do different things
  • shine166 said:

We still use those big old fashioned box shaped things with a door that we called an oven.

Gordon Ramsey here. If I put chicken in the oven without any oil what does an air fryer do different to the oven?

You can't fry battered fish in an air fryer any more than you can in an oven, the batter would just run off before it set, you can only coat it with a dry mix like breadcrumbs.
  • shine166 said:

We still use those big old fashioned box shaped things with a door that we called an oven.

Gordon Ramsey here. If I put chicken in the oven without any oil what does an air fryer do different to the oven?

You can't fry battered fish in an air fryer any more than you can in an oven, the batter would just run off before it set, you can only coat it with a dry mix like breadcrumbs.

It frys it with air ;)

I googled recipes lastnight and it looks like fried fish comes out just perfect

• Sponsored links:

• Tbh I'm not sure why I care enough to be posting here lol
  • shine166 said:

Gordon Ramsey here. If I put chicken in the oven without any oil what does an air fryer do different to the oven? You

shine166 said:

Tbh I'm not sure why I care enough to be posting here lol

I was just looking for an argument :smile:
  • Seven years since this was live. Are they any good ? 
  • We’ve got a Ninja multicooker. Does it all. Air fryer, slow cooker, you can make yoghurts, steam food etc. Worth the money
  • Have a Ninja, fantastic, you can air fry, grill, bake, casserole boil just about anything.
  • Have a Ninja, fantastic, you can air fry, grill, bake, casserole boil just about anything.
    This is the one
  • Ninja Dual Zone .. two separate 'ovens/fryers' .. does what an oven does in half the time .. as seen on TV

https://youtu.be/h9DWH3Vrgxo
  • Where are you ninja owners finding the recipes ?
  • Where are you ninja owners finding the recipes ?
    basic recipe book comes with the cooker .. and there are a million (at least lol) air fryer recipe books .. look on our friend Amazon