Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scumbag MPs

edited April 2022 in Not Sports Related

The Tories have nothing to be proud of either!

Strange how the SNP MPs were all available for a photocall.

Parasitic scum the lot of them.

Comments

• Maybe they just wanted to be with their families at Easter like the rest of us.
  • Maybe Scotland is too far away on bank holiday weekends
  • PL54 said:

Maybe Scotland is too far away on bank holiday weekends

The SNP were all there for a photocall

• It would be packed if they were discussing MPs payrises and bonuses.
  • edited March 2016
    Haggis munching freeloading hypocrites!
  • You should've see the main EU chamber Len - packed to the rafters it was.
  • edited March 2016
    The bigger question should be "Why was the debate on Veterans Care left to last knockings before Easter?".
  • It's not news to all us non-dickheads though is it?

They are all toilets who genuinely believe we are too stupid to understand how little they do. I don't get a fucking job and knock on a bank holiday so why should those divots who I actually pay to attend the house of commons.

Fucking shithouses
  • Sponsored links:

• Mp's in being wankers shockeer. Out government is a joke.
  • The bigger question should be "Why was the debate on Veterans Care left to last knockings before Easter?".

This is the real issue. Look at the (lack of) opportunities for MPs to bring forward Private Members' Bills that have any chance of becoming laws. There's almost no chance of getting the readings through, what with filibusters and Whips messing things around.
  • Uboat said:

For instance:

Okay, I'll bite.

First, there is a real issue with parking fees at hospitals, particularly for those that have to make frequent trips. But some carers might only make a very occasional visit but still qualify for the free pass.

However, having read the draft bill, it looks utterly impractical to me.

Setting aside whether everybody would suddenly become a "carer" to avoid parking fees, how could this possibly be monitored? The bill was clear that the onus was planned to be on the NHS Trusts to devise and implement a scheme to organise this. How much administration would that take for heaven's sake? Hospitals' admin departments would have to be turned into a version of NCP.
    I'm guessing the futility and "unworkable in the real world" nature of the bill meant it needed to be kicked out before the few moron MPs attending the debate decided it was a good idea. So a couple of guys were put up by the Govt. in order to ensure it got kicked straight into the long grass.
  • You'll notice that a lot of Tory MPs aren't in the picture. What many MPs do is find one of the other side who's going to vote the opposite way to them on an issue, then they both don't turn up to vote. This means they can, hopefully, get on with the other important thing they do as MPs, which is dealing with their constituents' problems. Of course, they could be shagging their lover behind their spouse's back, but let's give them the benefit of the doubt.

This process is perfectly acceptable as long as the time not in the chamber is used productively (that is, not shagging your lover). The tweet shows a Sun journalist for the scum he is, just trying to stir up trouble when there isn't an issue.
  • You'll notice that a lot of Tory MPs aren't in the picture. What many MPs do is find one of the other side who's going to vote the opposite way to them on an issue, then they both don't turn up to vote. This means they can, hopefully, get on with the other important thing they do as MPs, which is dealing with their constituents' problems. Of course, they could be shagging their lover behind their spouse's back, but let's give them the benefit of the doubt.

This process is perfectly acceptable as long as the time not in the chamber is used productively (that is, not shagging your lover). The tweet shows a Sun journalist for the scum he is, just trying to stir up trouble when there isn't an issue.

What you're describing is the system of mutual abstention, however it is only really used for big votes predicted to be close as opposed to quiet debate days such as this.

No mention of the fact that the PM was already on his way to Lanzarote when this debate was happening. Non-story attempting to generate clicks because Parliament has gone on holiday. Ignore.
  • edited March 2016
    That makes some sense. What puzzled me, is who is going to turn up at such a debate, and debate a position of not caring for veterans? People should be above playing the media's games.
  • Just seen an interview with Marsha da Cordova MP - a very inspiring woman who talks about everything with an amazing smile. I don't know much about her individual politics, just her party. But (as I've said before) it doesn't all have to be about left-wing/right wing, I just find her inspirational, her mother too and how she was brought up.
  • This thread was started before the appalling disaster of the vote leave victory.
    Should it remain on the main part of the site?
    It might be best to move this thread to the part of Charlton life where some posters are cancelled.
  • seth plum said:
    This thread was started before the appalling disaster of the vote leave victory.
    Should it remain on the main part of the site?
    It might be best to move this thread to the part of Charlton life where some posters are cancelled.
    As it is a comment saying an MP is inspirational, maybe there would be a better thread than one entitled 'Scumbag MPs' but it seemed to be the most recent thread when I searched on 'MPs'
  • Sponsored links:

• ding ding 
  • Mon the lifeboats 
  • Grateful if we can keep the politics chatter to this section please 

https://forum.charltonlife.com/group/10-house-of-commoners
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!