Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Accrington Stanley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th March 2022

Comments

• Options
    paulfox said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    I feel for JJ.  The behind the scenes structure is clearly shite, recruitment is shite - all is not well in the garden.  Then we have a bunch of rather ordinary players and a lack of team spirit.  No manager is going to make a silk purse out of pig’s bollocks.

and in terms of everyone going - not gonna happen.  Lavelle, Pearce (?) Innis (?), Dobson, JFC, Lee (?), Stockley and Washington.  Plus we have signed Chuks and Fraser and Clare.  DJ will be about and probably Ben and AG.

then someone has to figure out how to make the most of the players with tactics, options and formation and buy based on that, rather than just talking to palace and birmingham and taking their scrapings.  

Time for some back room changes, club management and structure changes and playing staff changes.  Coaching needs a look too.

then judge Jackson when he’s had half a go with a half decent team with a half decent recruitment policy that actually fits a strategy
    I don’t see how seeing how someone goes is an option anymore, we aren’t an experiment with time to see what happens, we need to see progress and challenge for promotion, I don’t think JJ has the ability to make this happen at the moment. He is sticking with something that hasn’t worked for weeks and is continuing with it, sometimes admitting you are wrong can be a strength not just a weakness.
    What you need in League One is pragmatism. You can get away without it at the top of the game but a manager who has a preferred system in league one is a liability. You look at what you have and find what works best with that. Accrington are a good example of that. 
    Those first handful of games Jackson took over where we won with 3-5-2 have almost become a curse, because it convinced him that it was the only way to play.

I suspect that he's tried to convince Sandgaard and the recruitment team that we need to recruit for and play this formation next season, so he can't really change it now. He's in a tight spot.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    So many of them have been poor but one of the standout piles of horse crap this season is Leko.  Useless.  

Doesn’t care and should be plying his trade in the UAE or Malta or somewhere like that.  

Epitomises the gutlessness of the 21/22 Charlton player 
    He put in a couple of great crosses when out wide. Brain dead anywhere else so the question is why does Jackson keep playing him up front? 
  • Options
    I didn't see the post match Jacko interview, I was too annoyed with a crap display.

We're winless and have been shit for 7 games. Jacko is probably guilty of many things, but I can't see how calling out the players for a gutless, brain dead and inept display can be one them. Say what you want about the formation and tactics, I didn't agree with Fraser and Lee in the midfield or Clare at rwb, but look at our defending for their winning goal.. It's mental from the players, we're supposed to have 3 cb's and they've all either gone missing or been bullied, even that's forgetting wing-backs who should at least be on the scene and covering. You can bash tactics and training but surely it's commen sense for a professional footballer? 

I still don't know if Jackson is the answer or not, I just can't work out how it's all gone so tits up since his appointment. There'd have been outrage if he hadn't got the job when he did, even at the time some of us saw it as an insult it took so long. 

Maybe this makes me a Jacko apologist, but I don't trust half these players as far as I could throw them, they've played many different formations for different managers and been useless. I hope we chuck most of them out and start fresh. If Jackson has to go, I hope it's not a few weeks into the summer, we need to be focusing on preparation for next year. Problem with that, is that we're so damn crap at the minute we can't even be sure we're safe this year. 

What a depressing season. I'm coming over for Burton, will be my last game before leaving the coumtry for work for a year or so. I hope I can end on a high.. I don't feel too confident at the moment. 
    Jackson had a transfer window and signed zero centre-backs and a wing-back that hasn't really played. Signed two attacking midfielders instead (1 of which, again, hasn't played). 

If this was the formation chosen, surely those were the priority. That's why he should get (some) blame for this mess. 
    Yeah. I agree it has been no where near good enough. I already said in the post he's not blameless. Our transfer window was terrible, I think putting that all on Jackson is a bit of stretch anyway. 

How does that excuse the countless other crap performances we've had under different systems and managers? 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    cabbles said:
    So many of them have been poor but one of the standout piles of horse crap this season is Leko.  Useless.  

Doesn’t care and should be plying his trade in the UAE or Malta or somewhere like that.  

He put in a couple of great crosses when out wide. Brain dead anywhere else so the question is why does Jackson keep playing him up front? 
    But over the course of the season, no where near good enough.  Looks like he couldn’t give a toss 
  • Options
    I didn't see the post match Jacko interview, I was too annoyed with a crap display.

We're winless and have been shit for 7 games. Jacko is probably guilty of many things, but I can't see how calling out the players for a gutless, brain dead and inept display can be one them. Say what you want about the formation and tactics, I didn't agree with Fraser and Lee in the midfield or Clare at rwb, but look at our defending for their winning goal.. It's mental from the players, we're supposed to have 3 cb's and they've all either gone missing or been bullied, even that's forgetting wing-backs who should at least be on the scene and covering. You can bash tactics and training but surely it's commen sense for a professional footballer? 

I still don't know if Jackson is the answer or not, I just can't work out how it's all gone so tits up since his appointment. There'd have been outrage if he hadn't got the job when he did, even at the time some of us saw it as an insult it took so long. 

Maybe this makes me a Jacko apologist, but I don't trust half these players as far as I could throw them, they've played many different formations for different managers and been useless. I hope we chuck most of them out and start fresh. If Jackson has to go, I hope it's not a few weeks into the summer, we need to be focusing on preparation for next year. Problem with that, is that we're so damn crap at the minute we can't even be sure we're safe this year. 

What a depressing season. I'm coming over for Burton, will be my last game before leaving the coumtry for work for a year or so. I hope I can end on a high.. I don't feel too confident at the moment. 
    Jackson had a transfer window and signed zero centre-backs and a wing-back that hasn't really played. Signed two attacking midfielders instead (1 of which, again, hasn't played). 

If this was the formation chosen, surely those were the priority. That's why he should get (some) blame for this mess. 
    Yeah. I agree it has been no where near good enough. I already said in the post he's not blameless. Our transfer window was terrible, I think putting that all on Jackson is a bit of stretch anyway. 

How does that excuse the countless other crap performances we've had under different systems and managers? 
    I agree which is why a complete clear out is needed. 

NOT appointing the assistant manager of two bad management teams. 

Bowyer is doing better at Birmingham without Jackson as his number two. Interesting no? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Only plus was meeting @cafctom in person for the first time after all these years.  Good sturdy handshake.  
    An absolute pleasure mate. Fingers crossed the next time we meet it is in better circumstances! 
  • Options
    We’re really bad at football.
  • Options
    These players have hit rock bottom. Amazingly, Leko had started to dig. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Talal said:
    cabbles said:

But over the course of the season, no where near good enough.  Looks like he couldn’t give a toss 
    Yes he hasn't been good enough I agree, even up front he should've shown more. But how many times has he played right wing? Not even wing back where he's asked to defend (though he had some decent games there). Either play him in his position or don't play him. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Bowyer is doing better at Birmingham without Jackson as his number two. Interesting no? 
    Birmingham are 19th in the Championship. They finished 18th last year. I think there's a lot of evidence to cite as Jacko being lacking as a coach. But I don't know that how Bowyer is getting in at Brum is one of them. 
    3 seasons proceeding? 19th, 17th, 20th. 

Bowyer is doing fine. 

Wasn't doing fine here, what happened in the course of the move? He left our coaching set-up. That is largely still in place other than 1 new person. 
  • Options
    Dobson, Fraser, Stockley and Washington, plus Aneke & JFC should stay.

The rest of the weak willed, lily livered, lightweight, non trying, bunch of non league level shite should all go. 

My only doubt is whether Jackson & Skivvi should go with them.

I knew even playing 10 men for 25 mins we wouldn't compete and we didn't.

Absolute fucking disgrace. 

Are you mad? Fraser unconvinced thus far, a possible.
    Stockley- we end up playing agricultural lump it football.
    Washington- Has never been a prolific finisher. That will not change.
    Aneke-An absolute joke. We have to pay this guy for 3 years to sit in the treatment room. 
    JFC- No guarantee that he is going to be able to play to any sort of standard.

• Options

Fair enough mate, you might well be right. It just drives me mental that these lot can't seem to do the basics. How many time did it bounce around in our own box today for the first? Where on Earth was anyone for the second? I can't wrap my head around it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    paulfox said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    I feel for JJ.  The behind the scenes structure is clearly shite, recruitment is shite - all is not well in the garden.  Then we have a bunch of rather ordinary players and a lack of team spirit.  No manager is going to make a silk purse out of pig’s bollocks.

and in terms of everyone going - not gonna happen.  Lavelle, Pearce (?) Innis (?), Dobson, JFC, Lee (?), Stockley and Washington.  Plus we have signed Chuks and Fraser and Clare.  DJ will be about and probably Ben and AG.

then someone has to figure out how to make the most of the players with tactics, options and formation and buy based on that, rather than just talking to palace and birmingham and taking their scrapings.  

Time for some back room changes, club management and structure changes and playing staff changes.  Coaching needs a look too.

then judge Jackson when he’s had half a go with a half decent team with a half decent recruitment policy that actually fits a strategy
    I don’t see how seeing how someone goes is an option anymore, we aren’t an experiment with time to see what happens, we need to see progress and challenge for promotion, I don’t think JJ has the ability to make this happen at the moment. He is sticking with something that hasn’t worked for weeks and is continuing with it, sometimes admitting you are wrong can be a strength not just a weakness.
    I think you miss my point, JJ inherited what he got on and off the pitch.  You would have to see how any new manager “goes’ with what he’s got, and if the structure, back room, recruiting doesn’t change htf is anyone supposed to achieve unrealistic expectations.  JJ is probably achieving the possible with a bunch of players that are basically 12-16th standard.

give him a chance with the players he wants with the changes needed behind the scenes.  It is exactly what you have to do with a new manager, and no new manager makes the existing back room and current playing staff any better without change.  Keep changing the manager is basically just doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

We have time, we are 3rd quartile, 3rd division team and there is nothing at the the club currently that will change with an in solus manager change.  If a new manager has to come in, all the other stuff I mentioned also needs to happen.  And if you honestly believe the current set up sans Jackson will change this team from a 3rd quartile to a first octile performing side pushing for promotion, then the most obvious change to make is expectations, not the manager.  That would reduce the angst, introduce some reality and perhaps highlight the deeper issues in the corporate structure, player acquisition and team performance that any new manager would still be saddled with
    I fully understand your point, but our issue isn’t one just for this season, in fact you could argue we did better in the last couple of seasons with more turmoil at the club, so in my eyes there’s a lot of excuse making being made. How many more seasons in league one, or the third division as I call it is acceptable?.
  • Options
    Can't be arsed anymore.

Watching the golf instead.

Over & out.
    Oiiii. You can't do that! Everyone here is moaning and being miserable. We need you now.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    paulfox said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    paulfox said:
    RoanRedNY said:

I think you miss my point, JJ inherited what he got on and off the pitch.  You would have to see how any new manager “goes’ with what he’s got, and if the structure, back room, recruiting doesn’t change htf is anyone supposed to achieve unrealistic expectations.  JJ is probably achieving the possible with a bunch of players that are basically 12-16th standard.

give him a chance with the players he wants with the changes needed behind the scenes.  It is exactly what you have to do with a new manager, and no new manager makes the existing back room and current playing staff any better without change.  Keep changing the manager is basically just doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

We have time, we are 3rd quartile, 3rd division team and there is nothing at the the club currently that will change with an in solus manager change.  If a new manager has to come in, all the other stuff I mentioned also needs to happen.  And if you honestly believe the current set up sans Jackson will change this team from a 3rd quartile to a first octile performing side pushing for promotion, then the most obvious change to make is expectations, not the manager.  That would reduce the angst, introduce some reality and perhaps highlight the deeper issues in the corporate structure, player acquisition and team performance that any new manager would still be saddled with
    I fully understand your point, but our issue isn’t one just for this season, in fact you could argue we did better in the last couple of seasons with more turmoil at the club, so in my eyes there’s a lot of excuse making being made. How many more seasons in league one, or the third division as I call it is acceptable?.
    Several more years if the mismanagement and unmanaged areas of the club go without being addressed and only the manager is blamed/changed.  We will agree to disagree
  • Options
    Didn’t bother paying for the stream and avoid the game totally. Had a wank instead . 

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Gillingham will win Tuesday night if Jackson's still here - they look a lot better with Harris in charge.