Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

posting pictures

how do you post pictures on a thread.
i've clicked the insert image thing yet it asks for a link. what if the pic is saved on your pc.
i've tried the browse thing and got it into that box but when i try to 'add comments' a error message comes up.

i sense another 'teach each other quoting' thread may begin.

Comments

• i shall await this answer too as id like to know.
  • edited February 2007
  • edited February 2007
    f**cking yes.
    apart from the location thingy at the top

which has now been edited as a .
  • Okay, if the image is on the web (I know this is not what you mean, but bear with me) then you select BBCode and use the pic icon in the toolbar. That will "hotlink" an image (shouldn't really do this too much if at all), which means the image stays where it is on the web, you're just providing a link to it and the code which is needed to make it look like it's part of one of our pages. The reason it's not a good way of doing it is because if the person who hosts the pic on the site to which we are hotlinking from changes the pic the link will break (or worse yet they could change the pic to something and pop in a disgusting pic with the same name and give you a fright when you open the discussion on the forum... search wikipedia for "goatse" if you're brave enough).

If the pic is on your computer, that's something different. That's when you use the Attachments Choose File button below (Above Add your comments). That will lift a copy of the pic from your computer to the Charlton Life server and embed the link and code to make it display in your comment, as you've done above. This is the best way, as it means the pic will be there so long as the Forum is around (or I delete it ;-)
  • This work?
  • edited February 2007
    OLE!
  • edited February 2007
    getting carried away now..
  • was mine begginers luck
  • no it wasn't.
    only prob i had was trying to add photo with nothing written in comments box
  • Yes, you have to write something.

@Curb_it: I'd forgotten that pic, I think we've found the next caption comp piccy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Release me
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Yes, you have to write something.

@Curb_it: I'd forgotten that pic, I think we've found the next caption comp piccy!

Why won't it work on my office PC but does at home?
  • Don't know, why? ;-)
  • edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]This work?[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_46102 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]dicanio2.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

is that isawleaburnscore to the right of jensen, above 'thing' from the addams family?

ok photo didn't copy. i am referring to curb its 1st photo.
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Okay, if the image is on the web (I know this is not what you mean, but bear with me) then you select BBCode and use the pic icon in the toolbar. That will "hotlink" an image (shouldn't really do this too much if at all), which means the image stays where it is on the web, you're just providing a link to it and the code which is needed to make it look like it's part of one of our pages. The reason it's not a good way of doing it is because if the person who hosts the pic on the site to which we are hotlinking from changes the pic the link will break (or worse yet they could change the pic to something and pop in a disgusting pic with the same name and give you a fright when you open the discussion on the forum... search wikipedia for "goatse" if you're brave enough).

If the pic is on your computer, that's something different. That's when you use the Attachments Choose File button below (Above Add your comments). That will lift a copy of the pic from your computer to the Charlton Life server and embed the link and code to make it display in your comment, as you've done above. This is the best way, as it means the pic will be there so long as the Forum is around (or I delete it ;-)

that's what i was going to say. Thanks Lookie :-)

*i haven't a clue how it all works*
  • Can anyone identify anyone from the C'mon you addicks photo above?
  • are you in it or something?
  • yes DJ, i'm the long haired one with the glasses on the right.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]yes DJ, i'm the long haired one with the glasses on the right.

lol!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]yes DJ, i'm the long haired one with the glasses on the right.
    Ho ho!
    Do you get peed off living in the shadow of Ricky Gervais?
  • Sponsored links:

• not really, i have better vision than him.
  • They told me you were sensitve about your height.... I understand now you beanpole.
  • I'm 5"7, 5"8, but you wait, as soon as i give up smoking i fully expect to be 6"1 within a fortnight.....
  • So seriously, do you recognise anyone?
  • Come on then who is it that you know?
  • looks like jesus in the middle (back row)
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Come on then who is it that you know?
    No one apart from Killer.
  • The bird looks ok though. ;-)
  • In Ollie speak: the geez in the hat looks like the doood in your account piccy... I'm orf to roll a fatty!
  • that is killer!! well ill be....