Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

World Cup 2022 Tickets

Has anyone else applied for tickets for the WC in November/December?

The first stage of applications seem to be complete. I’ve been approved for 10 group stage games, but obviously have no idea what teams are involved yet as the draw is not happening until April 1st.

Comments

• Fuck all for me
  • The biggest challenge for most probably will be travel/accommodation rather than the tickets themselves 
  • Fuck all for me
    But the wife came good..........4 tickets for match 25.
    Between the 2 of us its 4/72.......was hoping for more.
    Just to rub salt in, my boss applied for 8 and got all 8..........2 tickets for each of Germany's group games, and 2 for the final!! Jammy git.
  • Can you even drink out there? Great tournament to swerve imo, save the dinero!
  • edited March 2022
    Can you even drink out there? Great tournament to swerve imo, save the dinero!
    You can, but it’s restricted to licensed bars/hotels typically as far as I understand. For the tournament I expect they’ll lay on a few more things to ease restrictions.

The fact that drinking isn’t a free flowing experience will be made up for the fact that you can go to two games a day and everything is within one city. I don’t think that opportunity will be given to a tournament ever again. 
  • Applied for the 7 game England package. As expected.......got nothing.
  • As an England regular of many years I could not be less interested for a multitude of reasons.

I hugely regret not being able to do SA in 2010 but will have no regrets for this farce of a tournament.

That said, those going will find a good time I’m sure.

Germany 2024 however!! 👍
  • As an England regular of many years I could not be less interested for a multitude of reasons.

I hugely regret not being able to do SA in 2010 but will have no regrets for this farce of a tournament.

That said, those going will find a good time I’m sure.

Germany 2024 however!! 👍
    Same as me. Not going to apply for any game even the final. Did all the games at Wembley this summer. 24 Germany, 26 USA and 28 UK are much better than this tournament. 
  • Can you even drink out there? Great tournament to swerve imo, save the dinero!
    Yes, you certainly can.. Big fan parks will be free flowing booze! I am not sure you will be able to inside the stadium, but plenty of hotels will be serving, close to the grounds. 

Finding somewhere to stay maybe the issue, most would have stayed in Dubai, and take a short flight, but the flight prices for an hour's flight has been upped by 100% during the WC period. 
  • Sponsored links:

Yep, as above there are plenty places to drink. There are talking about giving temporary licences to regular restaurants during the tournament too. Fan parks are confirmed and sponsors are pushing for a temporary waiving of the rules so drinking in stadiums can go ahead (same as was done for Russia last time out).
  • edited March 2022
    Apart from the obvious answer of money, why is alcohol not allowed, yet it's ok for a World Cup?
    For what reason is it not usually allowed? 
  • edited March 2022
    Apart from the obvious answer of money, why is alcohol not allowed, yet it's ok for a World Cup?
    It's not allowed in public places. You can be arrested for being drunk in public. Private establishments or at home seems to be ok. I would imagine it's something to do with religion.
  • England vs Brazil at Vegas in 2026.

That's the one i'm excited about.
  • The 2026 WC feels a bit too big for my liking. Having a WC spread across the whole of North America limits the amount of games you can attend on consecutive days. 
  • Apart from the obvious answer of money, why is alcohol not allowed, yet it's ok for a World Cup?
    Everyone knows it’s perfectly acceptable that thousands of years of strict beliefs and culture can be waivered for 4 weeks during a World Cup. It’s probably set out in some ancient doctrine 
  • edited March 2022
    Even if they loosen up on the drinking front it’s still going to be waaay stricter than pretty much any other World Cup or Euros. Oh, and it will cost approximately  £17,000 a pint. 

Think I’ll give it a miss.