Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Tomorrow's game at Bristol is being streamed on FA Player, 3pm kickoff not the usual 2pm. Best to set up an account in advance if you don't already have one. All being well with transport I'll be at the game. It's my nearest away game of the season; seems rude not to.
  • Options
    This is a pretty decent setup at Bristol. Maybe 500 or so here so far. Pitch looks good. Come on you Addicks!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Notice Thomas has changed his wording when congratulating them on a win

• Options
    Watched the 2nd half and Cafc were very strong and had 90% of the play in Bristol city's half. 
    Impressive performance where Charlton closed down so quickly and beat their close rivals in the table.
  • Options
    Lois Heuchan's goal was fantastic.
  • Options
    Well that was a very cold afternoon. Good game, though, and we outplayed a good side. I reckon perhaps 700 or so actually there; clearly quite a few had tickets and decided they didn't fancy the cold weather. Probably just as well given the ground capacity's a lot lower than what we could fit into Crayford. I think they'd made a big effort to get people along following the crowd of several thousand they got for their previous game which was at Ashton Gate. I remember seeing us play Bristol in our last season in the top division and there were only 50 or so in the ground; times are changing in women's football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was listening to Classic FM the other day and while the music was what I was there for and I return again and again, the ads that they force on the listener these days seems to really get in the way and I wish they weren't there. It suddenly dawned on me that I feel the same way about women's football as I do Classic FM ads. 
  • Options
    With apologies to anyone who can't stand women's football but also can't stop themselves clicking a link to a thread with "women" in the title, a reminder that Sunday is the away FA Cup game at Plymouth. 1pm at Home Park, confirmed that tickets will be available on the day. Plymouth are in the division below us and in a relegation scrap, so in principle we should be the better side. But it's Charlton in a cup competition so none of us are likely to be overconfident. I'm not aware of it being streamed anywhere.

• Options
    And now I feel guilty that I ducked out of driving 3 hours each way for today's big game. 

• Options
    Is it being streamed on you tube?
  • Options
    DA7 said:
    Is it being streamed on you tube?
    Not that I'm aware of. Think Plymouth have gone all-out to persuade their fans to turn up at Home Park, rather than give the option to watch at home.
  • Options
    It is just the Ultras who have made it, anybody can see that.
  • Options
    0-0 half time.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Looking at the match stats, it looks like we are all over them. Still 0-0 though after 58 mins!
  • Options
    We have scored in the 59th minute!
  • Options
    Six of the 28 clubs in the FA Cup today are ‘Ladies’ sides. Not including Charlton, who are still called Charlton Athletic Women at the moment. 
    Shame it’s not being streamed, would like see see how they get on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 nil -65 mins
  • Options
    3 69 mins
  • Options
    4 78 mins
  • Options
    I'm always nervous while scores are level, even if the stats and the Twitter commentaries were both suggesting we were dominant. But the floodgates opened once we got the first. And we scored a fifth while I was typing that...
  • Options
    5 84 mins
  • Options
    6 goals - Argyle seem to have fallen off a cliff!
  • Options
    Great result!
  • Options
    A game of two halves where being full time helped the Charlton women in this FA cup match.

The Charlton girls are improving as this season goes on. The partnerships are developing and we are one of the better teams in the Championship.  

• Options
    6-0 at the final whistle. 
  • Options
    Sky sports app reckons our goalie (the on loan from Arsenal Natalia Negri) was wearing the number 8 shirt - is this correct? 
    If so, it’s a bit of an odd one. In the realms of Sweaty Balmer wearing number 1!