Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy Eric Cantona Day everyone

Comments

• MrOneLung said:

You missed the red arrow pointing at the leather jacketed sad act that says cnut.
  • MrOneLung said:

Missed Herr Flick top right.
  • MrOneLung said:

Missed Herr Flick top right.
    Almost labelled him as Elton John 
  • That woman to the right of Damon Hill has the expression: "OMG... I cant believe it, thats ERIC Cantona"
  • If you are gonna twat someone in the crowd, Selhurst Park is the place.
    Could not agree more   :D
  • MrOneLung said:

and Joey from friend, 1 row down from and to the right of Man Utd hat (slightly obscured by Cantonas arm).
  • God bless King Eric.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I’d love to see what search terms you were using @MrOneLung! image
    The fella directly  2 rows behind Arthur Fowler is Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:
    The fella directly  2 rows behind Arthur Fowler is Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys. 
    Dean Gaffney next to the 1940s Spy
  • Boom said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Dean Gaffney next to the 1940s Spy
    The palarse twat thought he was well hard.
  • C'est à ce moment-là que Matthew Simmons, blouson de cuir noir, fine cravate et chino beige, a dévalé les marches séparant sa place du bord du terrain. Une trentaine de marches, apprendra-t-on plus tard. Au passage de Cantona et de Davies, Simmons a hurlé « enculé de bâtard de Français » . Et Cantona s'est arrêté. Lentement, il s'est tourné vers la tribune. Et Davies a compris. De la main droite, il a tenté de retenir son joueur. En vain.

https://www.sofoot.com/kung-fu-cantona-20-ans-apres-195189.html

So Simmons said:
    'Motherfucking French Bastard'
  • I was there with my French wife. In addition to what happened on the pitch, where Cantona was totally unprotected by the ref all the way through the first half, the abuse being shouted all the time about French people was truly intimidating. When Cantona went into the crowd, it felt like retribution for what my wife had had to listen to as well.
  • Crowd spot……bloke with flat cap is Del Boy and standing right next to him in red coat is of course none other than Rodney!
  • edited January 2022
    MrOneLung said:

Man Utd shirt next to Damon Hill as well. Always surprised by the lack of nigel backlash other than someone throwing a cup of tea at Schmeichel! :smiley:

Bloke in nigel shirt above the steward is doing the Alan Shearer wave. :neutral:
  • C'est à ce moment-là que Matthew Simmons, blouson de cuir noir, fine cravate et chino beige, a dévalé les marches séparant sa place du bord du terrain. Une trentaine de marches, apprendra-t-on plus tard. Au passage de Cantona et de Davies, Simmons a hurlé « enculé de bâtard de Français » . Et Cantona s'est arrêté. Lentement, il s'est tourné vers la tribune. Et Davies a compris. De la main droite, il a tenté de retenir son joueur. En vain.

So Simmons said:
    I assume the word in bold has a stronger meaning in French culture than ours?

• It’s not a compliment in English 

• Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

and Joey from friend, 1 row down from and to the right of Man Utd hat (slightly obscured by Cantonas arm).
    More Ronnie O'Sullivan for me.
  • Richard Madeley stood over Arthur Fowlers left shoulder
  • edited January 2022
    Richard Madeley stood over Arthur Fowlers left shoulder

Sounds like some off beat 90s Mills and Boon spin off....

...whilst Philip Schofield looked on in anticipation.  "No Pauline, this is not what I meant!"protested Arthur. But it was too late, the deal had been struck earlier in the Vic and Arthur would get his threesome.
  • Wish Eric was able to repeat this now on a few of their "ultras" so we could all watch them melt
  • My favorite Frenchman.

Vive Le France my Palarse hating buddie.
  • I heard the Jonathan Pearce commentary earlier, which I'd never heard before. Well worth a listen. Very dramatic with ridiculous and comical moments. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/video/audio-jonathan-pearces-reaction-eric-5024718
    JP loves Palace....after Bristol City, his father in law supports them.
    Thought I'd commented on this at some point.
  • Eric plays the lead role in a new upcoming Hollywood film:

"Remind kermorgant to play very well for Charlton...after booting a gobby palace fan in the face" 

So Simmons said:
    I assume the word in bold has a stronger meaning in French culture than ours?
    I'm not sure really. It's not too great in English either, is it?
    This is one area where I can still make a misjudgement. Sometimes I feel like swearing but don't anymore because in the past I've misjudged the strength of a word. Swearing in a foreign language is very dodgy territory, and mixed with an accent it can get very weird. It's better to swear in your own language under your breath !

• Burns Night.

Perhaps Eric just wanted to get into the dressing room before Sir Alex so he could have his portion of neeps & tatties before the old Jock snaffledd it all.