Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Live - Podcast Released - Look back at Crewe and ahead to Cheltenham with Jackson interview

💥 NEW PODCAST

This week's Big Match Preview is available for download now!

📲 Subscribe in Acast or iTunes: https://play.acast.com/s/charltonlive

Join Louis Mendez, Tom Wallin and Lewis Catt as they discuss the controversial defeat at Crewe and look ahead to Saturday’s trip to Cheltenham. They hear the highlights of the game at Gresty Road and discuss the performance as well as the last-minute controversy that saw Elliot Lee’s goal disallowed. They hear the post-match thoughts of Johnnie Jackson and also share views from those who contacted the show. They discuss the transfer window and how the recent downturn in form may direct how the Addicks do their business. Finally, they look ahead to the trip to Whaddon Road to take on the Robins.

Charlton Live were once again among the nominees for The Football Supporters’ Associations’ Club Podcast of the Year award – thank you for your support! Our shows are available as podcasts via Acast, iTunes, Deezer and many other platforms. To contact us – email studio@charltonlive.co.uk or tweet @charltonlive

Comments

• Love these podcasts. Thanks for taking the time to do them.
  • Cheers mate, our pleasure 
  • I’m another fan of these podcasts. Great stuff. Any idea of listener numbers out of curiosity (if it’s even possible to check)?
  • I’m another fan of these podcasts. Great stuff. Any idea of listener numbers out of curiosity (if it’s even possible to check)?
    Yes we have access to the data. It tends to fluctuate a bit depending on what's going on on the pitch/around the club but we averaged 2,000ish downloads per episode for the 10 shows before Christmas (latest full data I have). Sunday shows tend to get more downloads than the Thursday previews.

November was our second-highest ever month for downloads with 22,600. First month in Champ under Bowyer we got 23,400. Play-off final month wasn't far behind but with fewer shows so on average per show was a better month.

I remember about 10 years ago that we were pleased with 3,000 downloads a month but we advertise the show much better now and have built up a good following. 
  • LouisMend said:
    I’m another fan of these podcasts. Great stuff. Any idea of listener numbers out of curiosity (if it’s even possible to check)?
    Yes we have access to the data. It tends to fluctuate a bit depending on what's going on on the pitch/around the club but we averaged 2,000ish downloads per episode for the 10 shows before Christmas (latest full data I have). Sunday shows tend to get more downloads than the Thursday previews.

November was our second-highest ever month for downloads with 22,600. First month in Champ under Bowyer we got 23,400. Play-off final month wasn't far behind but with fewer shows so on average per show was a better month.

I remember about 10 years ago that we were pleased with 3,000 downloads a month but we advertise the show much better now and have built up a good following. 
    I'll take the credit for most of these downloads, me and technology just dont work together.
    But its a great show and makes my Monday and Friday exercising the dogs more enjoyable. 
  • Keep up the good work Ray, download it as many times as you physically can. 
  • LouisMend said:
    Keep up the good work Ray, download it as many times as you physically can. 
    I’ll automatically download Sunday and Thursday will be there again with it, so takes about10 minutes for it to register I’m listening to the wrong programme 🤷‍♂️
    And get me started on that thing that makes it play at up 2x normal speed wtf is that all about? 😂
  • T_C_E said:
    LouisMend said:
    Keep up the good work Ray, download it as many times as you physically can. 
    I’ll automatically download Sunday and Thursday will be there again with it, so takes about10 minutes for it to register I’m listening to the wrong programme 🤷‍♂️
    And get me started on that thing that makes it play at up 2x normal speed wtf is that all about? 😂
    To skip over any Steve Brown commentary / analysis Louis inserted??!!  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• These Thursday podcasts are now a constant companion on my Friday night drive home. Listen on Deezer so might not register on your figures but very much appreciated none the less. Living in Gloucester, they really do help keep me in touch with everything Charlton. Thanks for doing them.
  • Cheers @Glosfan

All the downloads are counted no matter which source. Most come through Apple Podcasts. Spotify second.