Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Whitehawk v Three Bridges - Modern Day Equivalent Of Chelsea v Leeds in the '70s

Just the five red cards - and there might have been more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=cDUnuERG-GU

Comments

• My main thought watching that is that the state of the pitch really does have an enormous bearing on the match
  • My initial reaction to seeing the post was referee had an absolute stinker, watched the highlights and yep, absolute stinker. 
  • The foul (7.22) for the sending off when the player had his foot waist high going into the tackle was real old school. The plea that he won the ball was somewhat more of the modern variety!
  • the ref missed about 3 stonewall pens in the first half, terrible, so it means he’s on the EFL list next season 
  • Been to watch Whitehawk a few times, its pretty much unplayable when the wind whips up
  • I was at the game and the main sending off punch up was right in front of me. Bad foul by whitehawk number 9 needed a red card . The 2 other reds from that incident were stupid macho idiocy of other players involved. 
  • apart from the reds, the standard of football right down the pyramid is getting better and better .. and so is the play acting and posing
  • Shocking finishing, Whitehawk must had about 20 shots
  • Took my team over to Brighton and we played on the Whitehawk field against their O30 or masters team. The field was muddy and some of my players had never seen a 10 yard sliding tackle before. It was a little naughty but they were great after the game with food and drink in the bar after. 
  • I know Whitehawk well and visit their ground occasionally. Indeed, I saw them play at Chipstead in the FA Trophy this last year.They are a nice bunch of supporters, but I saw on Twitter that the game against Three Bridges was a bit liked Chelsea v Leeds. I guess that would have been Leeds v Three Barry Bridges.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2022
    LMHR said:
    Spot on Lincs , I’m actually falling out of love with football . I’m 67 and been watching the Addicks for 58yrs but I’m getting to the stage where I no longer want to go. The play acting at whitehawk yesterday was pathetic . Why is it boxers can punch seven bells out of each other for 10 rounds and mostly stay on their feet but blow on a footballer and they go crashing down and need attention. The time wasting is irritating too. I pay to see 90 minutes of football not pricks taking there time walking off , taking a kick etc . I’m also getting a miserable old git 🤣
    exactly so on all counts .. deserves a LIKE and a LOL .. lol
  • One of those tackles for a straight red is more like attempted murder.  Fucking lunacy
  • Beautiful stuff
  • All very namby-pamby. It used to be a tough game in my day.
  • ‘That’s borderline assault, ref!’
  • Love the geezer falling over at the tail end of the melee on the touchline (4.42 roughly) when he gets a clip on the back of his head, and the player diving (Zaha fashion 6,35) with no-one around him. 

Been to Whitehawk to watch Hartley Wintey a few years ago, horrible little club in a rough area and saw them at Ebbsfleet a couple of years ago and they made Wycombe look like saints.

So no surprise it ended this way.

• That was hilarious. The high foot tackle was as funny as the finishing.

That pitch though, reminded me of playing down Oxford Road (Cray Wanderers old ground). Khazi.
  • The Wealdstone Raider was spot on 
  • 7:23

And his reaction was "I won the ball!"

Watvhing this on a phone doesn't do it justice.  Incredible set of highlights
  • Sponsored links:

• Cracking entertainment, absolutely breathless stuff.

Don’t like the play acting - we can do without that - but what blood and thunder football that was!
  • pissed myself laughing at that. The last. Attempt on an open goal by 3 Bridges was comical gold. 
  • LMHR said:
    Spot on Lincs , I’m actually falling out of love with football . I’m 67 and been watching the Addicks for 58yrs but I’m getting to the stage where I no longer want to go. The play acting at whitehawk yesterday was pathetic . Why is it boxers can punch seven bells out of each other for 10 rounds and mostly stay on their feet but blow on a footballer and they go crashing down and need attention. The time wasting is irritating too. I pay to see 90 minutes of football not pricks taking there time walking off , taking a kick etc . I’m also getting a miserable old git 🤣
    Where are you getting your miserable old git from and is it expensive?
  • edited January 2022
    Is that an offer AA ? 
  • LMHR said:
    Is that an offer AA ? 
    No, just looking for recommendations for when I want to get my own one. 

• Another classic from a Whitehawk game. Just the yellow card for this tackle.