Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Very weird, it'll never catch on
  • Never seen anything like it
  • I fancy Morris Dancing as a corner is being taken would fool the opposition more.
  • A variation on a Testudo might be worth trying :|
  • edited December 2021
    I can see not so ponsy  variations being trialed though. Nightmare for markers to pick up players.
  • Would love to see Stockley, Innis, Pearce doing that
    Pearce would be too rough and tumble, leading to Innis getting injured. Stockley would rip off his own shirt claiming a pen. 
    Stockers will end up nutting someone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would love to see Stockley, Innis, Pearce doing that
    They would run around in a circle, get dizzy and when they broke up probably all run into each other and get injured with our luck!
  • Someone would sneeze and they would all fall down.
  • Corner is coming in from the cupboard end/east side.

5 of our players are doing ring a ring o roses at the back post. 1 runs towards the tunnel, 2 run towards the dugouts, 1 runs towards the jimmy seed and the other falls over the advertising boards behind the goal.
  • Just create a defensive ‘chain’ around them.

• Just create a defensive ‘chain’ around them.

Potentially though that will leave the one or two strikers in the penalty box a lot more room to attack the ball
  • I can see us trying the okey cokey
  • Makes man to man marking quite difficult. Quite clever.
  • I've always wondered if a team could try lifting 1-2 players high up into the air (like they do in a rugby lineout) at a corner. Then get the corner taker to swing it in extra high. 
  • Did watching that annoy anyone else more than it should've?
  • Sponsored links:

• I can see us trying the okey cokey
    We do that already.

The ball's played in
    The ball's cleared out
    In, out, in, out
    Stockers shakes his fist about
    The free-kick hokey cokey
    What the f*** was that all about?
  • It's a bit like what England did at the 2018 World Cup.

Besides, I think the high and righteous of the current media circus will say that doing 'ring a ring a roses' at football is uncaring during the pandemic.
  • Makes man to man marking quite difficult. Quite clever.
    And zonal because the attackers will get a better run on the ball with defenders trying to outjump them from more of a standing position. The other issue is that you will see defenders attempting to block runs but, especially with the scrutiny of VAR, there is an even greater chance of a penalty being given.

As they are the most innovative from free kicks, I reckon West Ham will be the first to try this or a form of it.
  • What about having a not so heavy player on a teammates shoulders?
    Or two, four?
  • Chunes said:
    I've always wondered if a team could try lifting 1-2 players high up into the air (like they do in a rugby lineout) at a corner. Then get the corner taker to swing it in extra high. 
    This is actually listed under examples of unsporting behaviour, so would result in an indirect free kick to the opposing team and could also get the players involved booked.
  • Chunes said:
    I've always wondered if a team could try lifting 1-2 players high up into the air (like they do in a rugby lineout) at a corner. Then get the corner taker to swing it in extra high. 
    This is actually listed under examples of unsporting behaviour, so would result in an indirect free kick to the opposing team and could also get the players involved booked.
    Interesting!
  • Now we’re in vague territory.
    Unsporting behaviour.
    I imagine that is down to the referee.
  • I think other clubs' players are guilty of unsporting behaviour when they score against us ...
  • Wimbledon have already sent a strongly worded letter to the EFL about this unsportsmanlike behaviour 
  • Don't knock Wimbledon, they have found a way not to catch Covid which is pretty impressive considering they are a small League One club!