Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PSG midfielder arrested

Women's team midfielder Aminata Diallo has been arrested after allegedly hiring masked men to injure her team mate (and direct rival for the holding midfield role) Kheira Hamraoui.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/10/sports/soccer/psg-women-attack-aminata-diallo.html

As the night out wound down, one of the team’s new signings, Kheira Hamraoui, accepted a ride home from her teammate Aminata Diallo. Car-pooling made sense; both women lived in Chatou, an upscale suburb on the outskirts of Paris, and soon they and a third player were in the car for the half-hour drive home.

As the car approached Hamraoui’s house around 10.30 p.m., however, the journey took a menacing turn. Two masked men emerged from the darkness and dragged Hamraoui out of the passenger seat. Then, according to news media reports later confirmed by the French police, the men beat Hamraoui with a metal bar for several minutes, paying particular attention to the part of the body she most needed to play for one of Europe’s most successful women’s soccer teams: her legs.

When the beating ended, the men ran off. Diallo, who had been restrained, was apparently unharmed.

Comments

• Jealousy is a dangerous mistress.
  • mental story
  • Not a very well thought out plan.
  • Evil woman
  • Is it wrong, i nearly lol'd 

I saw this yesterday, although shocking just made me chuckle. Eg. shows the passion to want to play for the club, i know i am going to hell...
  • Is it wrong, i nearly lol'd 

I saw this yesterday, although shocking just made me chuckle. Eg. shows the passion to want to play for the club, i know i am going to hell...
    It shows she's deranged. If it's true she'll probably never play football again.

Could've just gone in hard (control yourself @DaveMehmet ) in training and injured her.
  • Sponsored links:

• *Woke snowflake alert*

Who cares ... Its women's football.

#Just sayin'! 

Note to original poster ~ please put "Women's football" in the original title. You mislead others otherwise (which I suspect was the intention) 

If you put, say,  "Heavyweight boxing champ has public row with Mike Tyson in Walmart" in your original post and it was actually the FEMALE heavyweight champion having contretemps with Tyson I think readers would feel rly et down. 

What on earth are you chatting about?
  • se9addick said:
    *Woke snowflake alert*

Who cares ... Its women's football.

#Just sayin'! 

Note to original poster ~ please put "Women's football" in the original title. You mislead others otherwise (which I suspect was the intention) 

If you put, say,  "Heavyweight boxing champ has public row with Mike Tyson in Walmart" in your original post and it was actually the FEMALE heavyweight champion having contretemps with Tyson I think readers would feel rly et down. 

What on earth are you chatting about?
    He is saying the title is deliberately misleading, as the majority would be interested if it is a player from the mens team but most probably don't care about PSG Feminines players
  • edited November 2021
    Thought the current trend was not to include the word "women's" when referring to women's football as its still divisive? That's how it seems to be on some TV listings anyway, they stick in "WSL clash" as a nod towards the gender of the players
  • edited November 2021
    Gribbo said:
    Thought the current trend was not to include the word "women's" when referring to women's football as its still divisive? That's how it seems to be on some TV listings anyway, they stick in "WSL clash" as a nod towards the gender of the players
    Shout me down if you want but 1 for one get just a little peeved when they don't say "women's" before any news story nowdays. Many a time lately I hear "Man City just thumped Chelsea 5-1" only to find out it was the women football.

Grrrr

Who gives a stuff mens or womens...Chelski just got thumped 5-1..result!! B)
  • Gribbo said:
    Shout me down if you want but 1 for one get just a little peeved when they don't say "women's" before any news story nowdays. Many a time lately I hear "Man City just thumped Chelsea 5-1" only to find out it was the women football.

Grrrr
    Totally agree mate.

Just saying as I thought it was at the moment. Course, these things are subject to change at any time some see fit 
  • I wish it was simple enough to give a gist, but as basically as possible Hamraoui was having an affair with Eric Abidal, had been receiving threatening phonecalls prior to the attack and named a number of people who might have been involved, including other temmates and one teammate's husband. There's the implication that Abidal's wife could be involved. It also seems that no-one in the PSG team is too cheerful about Hamraoui being part of their team anyway. Not as simple as it seemed to be a few weeks ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve always found it odd when people post a link to a site they know people won’t be able to read hahahah 
  • I wasn't aware it was paywalled, I don't have a subscription to the New York Times and I managed to read it
  • Former Paris St-Germain player Aminata Diallo has been re-arrested as police investigate an attack on her team-mate Kheira Hamraoui last November.

Hamraoui was dragged from a car by two masked men and beaten on the legs with an iron bar as she returned home from a team meal in a car driven by Diallo.

The two French midfielders were vying for the same spot in the PSG team.

Diallo, 27, was arrested after the incident but was released without charge and has denied any involvement.

The Versailles prosecutor's office said on Friday that Diallo is being investigated on charges of serious bodily harm and is being temporarily held as she awaits a court hearing about the pretrial detention.

Four men have also been placed under investigation linked to the incident.

"All four men alleged Diallo was the instigator of the assault, in order to allow her to be given the place of the victim [in the PSG team] in future games," the prosecutor's office added.

Diallo left PSG at the end of last season when her contract expired and has retired from the game.