Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood Town owner faces fraud and money-laundering charges

Interesting news from one of our next opponents. If he's found guilty, how will this affect Fleetwood going forward, as I assume he was been subsidising them?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-58664777

Fleetwood Town's owner has appeared in court over the mis-selling of energy supply contracts and posting of fake customer comments on websites.
Andrew Pilley, of Thornton Cleveleys, has been charged in relation to alleged fraud and money-laundering.
None of the charges relate to his activities at the football club.
The 51-year-old did not enter a plea to Blackpool magistrates on Wednesday and was bailed to appear before Preston Crown Court on 20 October.

Comments

• Options
    Typical.
  • Options
    Thats disappointing... Comments from people on here have always found him to be a decent owner when they've come across him in games against us 
  • Options
    He has been suspected of this in the past, I remember looking into their meteoric rise through the leagues, and the background to how he made his money seemed to be very contentious.

I wrote a blog post (back when people wrote blogs, now it's twitter threads!) back in the day, which references some of the concerns people had.

• Options
    Wasn't he one of the most vocal against RD at the time?