Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th September 2021 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    We have been fortunate that with no midweek game we have had longer to sort out the issues. 
  • Options
    If I was Dobson or Clare and I was fit I'd be hammering on Adkins door saying I can do better than that. I think Leko has to start. I've something on so won't even be listening. Low expectations, hope to have them confounded. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Would be happy with a battling point tbh...just shows how far we've fallen!

Nige needs to shuffle the pack. Too many passengers last week. I'd go:

Big Mac
    Matthews Elewere Pearce (c) Souare
    Lee Dobson Morgan Leko
    Stockley Washington

Edit. Would be good to see Arter involved

• Options
    edited September 2021
    AndyG said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    AndyG said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    None of the 11 that started last Saturday deserve to start this, certainly not the ten outfield players.  Unfortunately about 7, at least, of them almost have to play.

I would consider going 3/5 at the back and bringing Pearce in because we seriously lack leadership and this is going to be a battle.

Assuming Arter and Pape are fit to start I would go with a proper 433.

MacGillivray
    Matthews Levelle Famewo Pape
                 Morgan Watson Arter
           Washington Stockley Leko

Harsh on Lee but we can't afford 4 attacking players.  What do I think Adkins will do?  Make 2 or 3 changes, depending on fitness, to personnel but keep the same shape.

We seriously need 4 points out of these 2 games, nothing suggests we will get them. 
    Morgan and Watson, again???  You wouldn’t take a punt on Clare instead of one or both of them and sling Lee in.
    No idea how fit Clare is can you risk both him and Arter from the start? Leaving Lee in leaves us wide open again.  I don't want us to play Watson and Morgan but right now I don't see we really have much choice. 
    Maybe, NA did say everyone is in contention except the long terms.

I watched them two for 90 minutes Saturday and it was a horror show.  I’ll genuinely cop the ump if they turn up on the team sheet come Saturday.
    Yup me too mate. Time to bin them both neither of them for different reasons are nowhere near good enough Watson needs to do his coaching badges and Albie needs to go a couple of leagues down. If NA persists with that pairing he deserves whatever he gets
     Well I am certainly glad that neither of them are nowhere near good enough, that means they must be somewhere near good enough. 

I don't really get the animosity to Adkins 6 games into the new season. 16 league games into his time with us.
    Dazzler I have absolutely no animosity towards Adkins. I was chuffed when he came here and really want him to do well and actually think he will. My point was if he persists with that pairing he is inviting pressure on himself and imo would deserve it. Honestly mate only the most rose tinted supporter could even in their wildest dreams make a case for either of them deserving a place in the team. It has been said thousands of times the legs have gone in one and the other has no clue
    That's certainly fair enough. 
  • Options
    I'll be there.

Gonna pick up a programme for my lovely neighbor who's not very well, but a hardcore Wycombe fan.

Whatever the result, it won't be a wasted trip. 
  • Options
    I know we have some decent attacking players, re Stockley, Washington, Lee, DJ, Leko and hopefully Kirk but are Arter and Dobson strong enough defensively? Sort the defence out first was always Curb's mentality.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:

Big Mac
    Lee Dobson Morgan Leko
    Stockley Washington

Would love to see Deji play. If you’re good enough you’re old enough 
  • Options
    kafka said:
    YTS1978 said:

Big Mac
    Lee Dobson Morgan Leko
    Stockley Washington

I said that and got pelters from loads here.  Also the mysterious signings . Arter is probably not match fit. Blackett-Taylor could be a surprise use. Gallen has watched him and known about him for a while. Apparently. 
    My attitude as well, he has shown in the games he has played that he is good enough imo. I supose those people who keep saying you cant play at 18 are correct though ! oh hold on !! anyone see the US Open last week ? lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    kafka said:
    YTS1978 said:

Big Mac
    Lee Dobson Morgan Leko
    Stockley Washington

I said that and got pelters from loads here.  Also the mysterious signings . Arter is probably not match fit. Blackett-Taylor could be a surprise use. Gallen has watched him and known about him for a while. Apparently. 
    My attitude as well, he has shown in the games he has played that he is good enough imo. I supose those people who keep saying you cant play at 18 are correct though ! oh hold on !! anyone see the US Open last week ? lol
    He’s just turned 18 and has already refused to sign a first-team contract with the club. Why should we reward him with game time? 

If he’s got no intention of signing a deal, he shouldn’t be taking a spot from someone else who’s already committed themselves to play for Charlton. That should be the norm for all age groups. 
    Maybe if we offered him a good contract and told him he would be in the 1st team squad he would be willing to sign a contract ? not that I'm in anyway in the know of what may or may not have happened
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    kafka said:
    YTS1978 said:

Big Mac
    Lee Dobson Morgan Leko
    Stockley Washington

He’s just turned 18 and has already refused to sign a first-team contract with the club. Why should we reward him with game time? 

If he’s got no intention of signing a deal, he shouldn’t be taking a spot from someone else who’s already committed themselves to play for Charlton. That should be the norm for all age groups. 
    Maybe if we offered him a good contract and told him he would be in the 1st team squad he would be willing to sign a contract ? not that I'm in anyway in the know of what may or may not have happened
    Rumour is we offered him a good deal which would have put him in line with other first-teamers, apparently the agent is playing games. Going off Dazzlers list, it comes from a very reliable source. 
  • Options
    Well i think we will get out of this division easily...

• Options
    Larissa said:
    Hi Guys, Not sure if it's been mentioned yet or not, but I work at The White Horse pub on West Wycombe Road. We are the official Away team pub for Wycombe games. We look forward to hopefully seeing some of you before the game, we will be open from 11am.
    This pub is strictly over 18s only. 
    https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/18508360.high-wycombe-strip-club-white-horse-turned-house---manager-adamant-not-going-happen/

Sounds alright
  • Options
    Fair bit of family pride at stake on this result, so I expect Nige and the boys to really give it a go.
  • Options
    Plenty of shots, plenty of goals, can’t see past a 4 nil win, go easy on us Wycombe!
  • Options
    A battling 3-0 defeat for us.
  • Options
    A battling 3-0 defeat for us.
    Battling has got to be an improvement
  • Options
    Schwartz injured again? 

• Options
    Larissa said:
    Hi Guys, Not sure if it's been mentioned yet or not, but I work at The White Horse pub on West Wycombe Road. We are the official Away team pub for Wycombe games. We look forward to hopefully seeing some of you before the game, we will be open from 11am.
    https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/18508360.high-wycombe-strip-club-white-horse-turned-house---manager-adamant-not-going-happen/

Sounds alright
    Not to me it doesn’t. There must be some good country pubs for lunch within 10 miles of the ground. Anyone know any?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kafka said:
    Larissa said:

Sounds alright
    Not to me it doesn’t. There must be some good country pubs for lunch within 10 miles of the ground. Anyone know any?
    The Wheel at Naphill, The Harrow at Hughenden, The Golden Cross at Saunderton off the top of my head. Plenty more in the area
  • Options
    kafka said:
    Larissa said:

Sounds alright
    The Wheel at Naphill, The Harrow at Hughenden, The Golden Cross at Saunderton off the top of my head. Plenty more in the area
    Thanks. I had my eye on this place. https://grouseandale.com/
  • Options
    Can anyone recommend a VPN for CAFC tv? 
  • Options
    Thanks for a great preview as usual. 
    Gunter and Watson stealing a living, Morgan not good enough, but all three will be in a team I expect. 
    One up front away to an ex Championship side. 
    Wycombe 
    Gills
    Pompey
    Bolton
    means a minimum of 7 points from the next 4 games, or Nads can do one IMO. 
  • Options
    Just cannot see where the win is coming from? This team looks terrible only comparable to the rubbish Parky had in his last season when he had no money to spend. 4-2 to Wycombe.
  • Options
    Larissa said:
    Ok I’ll bring ID 😬
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Like anything these days you have to pay. I bought NordVpn. Works well and fairly cheap. Easy to use
  • Options
    I’m looking forward to seeing a bit more of Shaun Clare I reckon one of two might if written him off a bit early 
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Valley11 said:

Like anything these days you have to pay. I bought NordVpn. Works well and fairly cheap. Easy to use
    Yup that's what I use it's very reliable I find
  • Options
    Having watched our last few games I'm afraid I can't see beyond a loss.
    Most of my lot are going to this game but I just cannot motivate myself at the moment. 
    Hopefully NA  can turn things around but I'm not sure he can.
       Don’t you just love your typical confident and positive Charlton Fan 😂😂😂 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!