Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England today.

How humiliating is it to be subbed against Andorra?

Comments

• Options
    iainment said:
    People get subbed in games for all sorts of different reasons.
  • Options
    Big target.  But the pitch is pretty flat.  Should be really interesting. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Makes no sense without your thoughts why?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    iainment said:
    England were huffing and puffing until the substitutions. I think the substitutions were for performance reasons not injury or tactical.
    Andorran players play mainly in level 4, I think, of the Spanish league. The equivalent of League 2 here. England should do better against them.
  • Options
    How much of an honour is it to be picked to play for your Country in a major Worldwide tournament?

At Wembley.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    How much of an honour is it to be picked to play for your Country in a major Worldwide tournament?

At Wembley.
    A great honour I could never aspire to.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    mendonca said:
    iainment said:
    England were huffing and puffing until the substitutions. I think the substitutions were for performance reasons not injury or tactical.
    Andorran players play mainly in level 4, I think, of the Spanish league. The equivalent of League 2 here. England should do better against them.
    They won 4-0 without getting out of first gear. 

They could go and score about 8 past them if they really needed to, but they didn’t. They don’t want to risk injury going all out unnecessarily. It might not be the most exciting from a viewing perspective, but is the sensible approach.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    iainment said:
    mendonca said:
    iainment said:
    They won 4-0 without getting out of first gear. 

They could go and score about 8 past them if they really needed to, but they didn’t. They don’t want to risk injury going all out unnecessarily. It might not be the most exciting from a viewing perspective, but is the sensible approach.
    I understand that.
  • Options
    Weird thread, should the starting 11 all play 90 mins just no one will be embarressed by being subbed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is difficult for a completely new side. It is surely better to make fewer changes -maybe four or five and then make subs when things are comfortable.
  • Options
    To be fair, once England scored they were always going to win. And they were always going to score at some point. A draw against Poland and they look uncatchable in the group.  
  • Options
    It is difficult for a completely new side. It is surely better to make fewer changes -maybe four or five and then make subs when things are comfortable.
    The approach was absolutely fine. Andorra were undone simply because they got tired. Chances are that there would have been late goals no matter what the team England put out.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    The approach was absolutely fine. Andorra were undone simply because they got tired. Chances are that there would have been late goals no matter what the team England put out.
    It depends on what you define as fine. We were unlikely to lose or draw so it was an opportunity to introduce some new caps like Bamford so why not do that with the better service to build confidence? 
  • Options
    Malan getting out before lunch makes it more likely that India will win and more likely that England will win. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    It depends on what you define as fine. We were unlikely to lose or draw so it was an opportunity to introduce some new caps like Bamford so why not do that with the better service to build confidence? 
     because 1)it's a results game and 2) none of the new caps are realistically going to be more than squad players anyway. 

Do the job and save the legs of your best players. Which is what we did.