Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Oxford v Charlton | 14th Aug 2021

Comments

• Options
    The Oxford midfield is putting passing moves together in a way that seems beyond our midfield
  • Options
    This referee has given some strange decisions today. Usual league one stuff. 
  • Options
    Commentary still out of synch 
  • Options
    WTF was that Innis?
  • Options
  • Options
    lucky to have a synch!
  • Options
    1. 48'

Post update

Corner, Oxford United. Conceded by Adam Matthews.

• Options
    Albie îs very good technically, he just lacks maturity and decision making, sometimes that comes, sometimes it doesn't, that's what makes the difference between a Championship/league 1 player or upper non league. He's somewhere in-between currently.

My concern is our lack of goals, 2.5 games and we've not scored from open play, only a penalty. Don't entirely blame the strikers as they can only feed off what's provided most of the time, but like for the last few years we lack decent creativity or forward drive. Bring back Pratley!  :D
  • Options
    Why is it only one of Jaiyesimi or Washington each game look really up for attacking? 

At least when Washington doesn't get much attacking play he puts effort in defensively.
  • Options
    Just to stick it in there, but all the comments about Albie being so involved and seeing a lot of the ball in our good play etc. Like he's a one man show, but, isn't that the point though? Like, thats his positions remit?

He's supposed to be our 10 and main creative force of course he's gonna be involved in it, doesn't mean he's any good at it though.

And before I get hung by the CL positivity inquisition, I like the lad and think he'll come good, but saying "he's getting involved" like it's something magical when it's his one job.. ya, I dunno.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Just to stick it in there, but all the comments about Albie being so involved and seeing a lot of the ball in our good play etc. Like he's a one man show, but, isn't that the point though? Like, thats his positions remit?

He's supposed to be our 10 and main creative force of course he's gonna be involved in it, doesn't mean he's any good at it though.

And before I get hung by the CL positivity inquisition, I like the lad and think he'll come good, but saying "he's getting involved" like it's something magical when it's his one job.. ya, I dunno.
    It's the whole teams job to yet involved. I agree though in his role it is more important and he's done that. As I said creative players make the majority of their mistakes in the final third.
  • Options
    Hopefully, we’ll throw the kitchen sync at Oxford this half.
  • Options
    1. 51'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Mark Sykes.

• Options

51. Good turn from Washington sees him burst into the area, but McNally is alert to clear the danger #OUFC 2-1 #CAFC
  • Options
    52. Steve Seddon is receiving treatment from Amy Cranston after a clash in the area #OUFC 2-1 #CAFC
  • Options
    ross1 said:

51. Good turn from Washington sees him burst into the area, but McNally is alert to clear the danger #OUFC 2-1 #CAFC
    On watching that Wash should have fallen over.
  • Options
    Already much better from Albie this half. Good passes, decent corner and a shot on target.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    52. Steve Seddon is receiving treatment from Amy Cranston after a clash in the area #OUFC 2-1 #CAFC
    Why no concussion sub?
  • Options
    The attendance here today is 8440 with 1373 travelling fans. Thank you, once again, for your magnificent support #OUFC 2-1 #CAFC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. 56'

Post update

Attempt saved. Albie Morgan (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from outside the box is saved.

• Options

56' Stockley lays off for Morgan on the volley on the edge of the box. He hits it well, but Stevens gets right behind it in the Oxford goal. #oufc 2 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

It's the whole teams job to yet involved.

Of course, but like with the Washington/ DJ comment you just said about why only one seems to be attacking, maybe thsts down to coaching instructions,  "wash be more advanced, weaker down that side, DJ hold more for balance" "give the ball to Morgan to make things happen" etc? 

Much like a winger, Morgan will blow hot and cold as a creative player, he's still had a pretty stop start career so far, measured opinions an 'all. 

Think he'll look s lot better when Gilbey is back and we can manage his game time more personally.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    57. Now sporting a head bandage, Seddon returns to the field and play carries on #OUFC 2-1 #CAFC
  • Options
    1. 58'

Post update

Foul by Chris Gunter (Charlton Athletic).

2. 58'

Post update

Mark Sykes (Oxford United) wins a free kick on the right wing.

• Options
    Sounds like we need to learn how to fall over in front of the ref, Oxford getting very good at it, why does the ref get fooled so many times
  • Options
    Awful header from Oxford.
  • Options
    59' Winnall heads well over from a good position for Oxford. #oufc 2 #cafc 1
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!