Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Oxford v Charlton | 14th Aug 2021

Comments

• Options
    cs1986 said:
    Owen Dale gone off injured for Crewe. Unlucky for the lad it might stop him getting his move.
    That’s the risk all these sides are taking by holding out for big fees. Feel sorry for the player if it does hinder him although it wasn’t a problem for Doughty. 
  • Options
    First goal goes back to Morgan losing possession but that's shit shit goalkeeping
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Morgan is getting involved in so much play, sure he's going to make more mistakes as a result but he's nowhere near as bad as some are making out.

They're ignoring any and all good in his play.
    He's not good enough to be a starting AM in a Play-off League One side. 

That's my only point. If you disagree feel free to praise every simple pass he makes in the second half like you have in the first. 
     You mean like where I called out the poor freekick?

His passes that have worked out have been brilliant balls so I will call them as such.

He made a mistake on the edge of their 18 yard box after being given the ball with a player either side of him, for the team to not get players back there was as poor as losing it there.

For the keeper to palm it straight to their man for both goals is inexcusable. Amos would have been lambasted for those two saves. 

On replay of the first goal, I think Matthews dived there to try for a free kick rather than having to get back. If he gets back he has a higher chance of doing something there.

For the second goal Albie gets back between Clare and Inniss, not great that he didn't continue to follow the run, but the choice by Inniss to flick it with his right was worse. Left peg clearance and it goes out of play, right foot puts it on a plate. 

There's team things going wrong, it seems Albie gets the blame every time. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    cs1986 said:
    Owen Dale gone off injured for Crewe. Unlucky for the lad it might stop him getting his move.
    That’s the risk all these sides are taking by holding out for big fees. Feel sorry for the player if it does hinder him although it wasn’t a problem for Doughty. 
    Could help us get him with a cheeky bid 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I’ve always been concerned about the midfield.

In our title winning season we had the likes of Hollands, Stephens, Jacko to call on. Top midfielders at league one level - and it was obvious from the second we signed the first two that they were the level we needed to go up.

If we are gonna do anything I think we need to see more from the likes of Dobson and Clare. 
  • Options
    I have big concerns with our midfield 3, I think they are really average L1 players 
    I really don't think Dobson is very good. I think there's a player in Clare but maybe being optimistic. I like Morgan but I think he would be better playing deeper role.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Morgan is getting involved in so much play, sure he's going to make more mistakes as a result but he's nowhere near as bad as some are making out.

How many games does he get to show us what he’s got………. On top of all the other shit games he’s had?. As they say the game is about levels, he’s currently playing at a level above his ability.

sammy391 said:
    Morgan is a luxury player, and one who needs a carrying - which isn’t possible currently! 

Lots of play coming down our left side, which is totally exposed! 

Need to get the ball on the floor and play around - no one on the bench to scare them however 
    Dazzler21 said:

That's my only point. If you disagree feel free to praise every simple pass he makes in the second half like you have in the first. 
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Don't think Morgan's a bad player but he's not ready for the number 10 shirt.
    Morgan is not good enough - his passing is poor, his dribbling is non existent, he lacks judgement,  he cannot tackle, he is unable to take corners or free kicks and he does not score. Yes, he runs about and shows effort and passion, but in terms of quality? Absolutely no way.

I rate Albie.

9/10 for effort 
    4/10 for quality 

If Adkins can turn Albie into a real player, I will be amazed.  We also need to get shot of Watson, who is even worse. The club have had months to sort this out and we are now with a much weaker squad than last season.

But I really hope I am wrong!!

• Options
    At the match...midfield is poor and both their goals came from break aways. No defending as both efforts were blocked and scored from the rebound. We dont look like scoring best chance was to Washington at 0-0...he should have scored.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    How is Morgan being blamed for this game so far!?

You lot are fucking mad.
    He has given the ball away almost every time he's had it. First goal was almost entirely down to him
    Edge of their 18 yard box is where creative players make the most mistakes. 

We can all agree to disagree, but he's clearly this season's whipping boy.
    Fella he’s not a whipping boy, he’s never taken his chance and isn’t good enough, if gilbey was fit he’d be benched.
    I can't wait for that to be honest. 
  • Options
    Morgan gets pelters but Jayesemi doest get a mention, he's been anonymous. 
  • Options
    Almost opposite of the Wednesday game, poor defensively and good going forward today.
    What! Ever since last Saturday I have read on here we are rock solid at the back and have one of the best defences in League 1. 
  • Options
    I have big concerns with our midfield 3, I think they are really average L1 players 
    I really thought we were padding out the squad when we went for Dobson and Clare. Nothing about their CVs screamed out league one promotion midfielder. 

We can laugh at Ipswich all we want but we should have gone all out for players of the likes of Fraser, Harper etc.
  • Options
    Wonder what Kirk is thinking watching this game.
    Myself i feel we are unlucky to be behind, and have confidence we will get back into it second half........Golfie on the cards anybody
  • Options
     They've played one and a half league games together. We have basically replaced our entire midfield with JFC & Gilbey's injuries. 

These three need to work better together as that's the missing link at the moment, the connection isn't there fully between the three.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Here's hoping for a better second half. COYR!
  • Options
    Here come the Addicks for the second half... Big 45 to come. COME ON, CHARLTON!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm watching the Oxford stream and their commentators drooling over Morgan saying they need to stop him getting the ball as he's our most dangerous threat.
    He's hit four corners bang on the money. 
    All about opinions. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Margan's been criticised a lot but he's seen a lot of the ball and has been involved in most of our attacking play. He never hides but I agree he shouldn't be our first choice there.

Will Washington take up that position when Kirk starts?

Clare, on the other hand, hardly seems to have touched the ball.
  • Options
    Morgan gets pelters but Jayesemi doest get a mention, he's been anonymous. 
    Probably Morgan’s fault 
  • Options
    Difficult to judge our midfielders when we don't play through the middle. 
  • Options
    Why we do we have ten men in the box for their corners? Surely leave DJ up on the halfway?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I will say Morgan for me looked better alongside JFC.
  • Options
    Here is DJ

1. 47'

Post update

Foul by Diallang Jaiyesimi (Charlton Athletic).

2. 47'

Post update

Steve Seddon (Oxford United) wins a free kick on the left wing.

• Options
    The commentary is still out of synch.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I really thought we were padding out the squad when we went for Dobson and Clare. Nothing about their CVs screamed out league one promotion midfielder. 

We can laugh at Ipswich all we want but we should have gone all out for players of the likes of Fraser, Harper etc.
    To be fair Scott Fraser doesnt exactly scream top League One player either based on his previous experiences - We saw one game, how did he do for the rest?

Not to mention he hasn't played higher than this level in England with three average mid-table finishes...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!