Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Please help us fans abroad defeat the cretinous EFL and watch Valley Pass this afternoon.

2»

Comments

• ozaddick said:
    The club used to inform us what countries were under the tv deal, and what ones were able to stream. Is this still the case, as I've not seen anything? 
    Cheers cal. 
  • N01R4M said:
    @PragueAddick
    Although the deadline for consultation has passed, might it be worth your while drawing this situation to the attention of Tracey Crouch MP, for the Fan-Led Review?  Maybe with cc to the EFL, & Sky/@BenRansomSky?

It certainly seems a prime example of the way the EFL disrespects fans, particularly as it has contacted the club, apparently for a moan!  And clearly you are not the only Addick to contact them on this issue.

Dare I suggest the EFL may be fearing another mass emailing campaign from Charlton supporters filling up their inbox?  They do have some experience of this from previous years...  ;)
    Yep. I already told them that I would do that in my second email, which was a lot less polite than my first one, before the Doncaster game. And they ended their reply by saying "noted" to that, an anodyne way of saying, "we couldn't give a toss.". I already spoke to the Athletic. Matt Slater said that the specific Charlton story is too small scale, but that they are definitely going to scrutinise how the EFL address the forthcoming negotiations. I've got another media iron in the fire, so let's see. 

It's exactly their arrogant and snooty response that wound me up, coming at a time when they know they are going to get a good kicking from Tracey Crouch's review. And they have arguments, but they just could not be arsed to share them with a mere fan. e.g. the excellent German Addick Marc said he talked to a contact at the big broadcaster DAZN, and that guy said that rights holders would generally see the L1/L2 matches as reserve, in case they need to make last minute schedule changes if another sport broadcast gets cancelled. But we put our heads together and agreed that nobody across Europe can remember that actually happening; and anyway the EFL did not mention this as an argument for preserving the status quo. 
  • Suggest anyone who finds a vpn link that works posts it here???
  • Philippines VPN works if anyones interested.
  • edited August 2021
    The game is on ESPN here on the East Coast of the U.S., none of the build-up though.
  • Look forward to not reading the "EFL - Our day in court" thread.
  • Its on BEIN sports in Australia, but cant say Im impressed with the app.....keeps shutting down, but Ive got it live on Charlton TV so will watch on the laptop
  • Working for me but no sound
  • Watching via KAYO in Melbourne - gutted want able to watch the unveiling 
  • Ended up watching via the wendies site despite being in an ‘in-scope’ country (Romania) as I wasn’t provided with the option to buy the video on Charlton TV. In fairness to Charlton, at least they helpfully provide a list of countries where they can sell it, but i wonder if any other expats had the same issue i had and couldn’t even buy it?

As most of the countries won’t show League 1 / 2 games, maybe your suggested approach should be that the broadcasters in question notify the EFL if they are showing each game (more efficient all round). Though that would probably require the rights to be sold as an option, rather than definitive rights. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I get that having to rely on a bunch of broadcasters to say if they are showing CAFC v SW would be a thankless task and not really practical (and I've heard from a telly mate in my old job that sometimes games will be shown at the last minute). So in the next contract charge £20 on CAFCTV and other club channels for games that might be on TV and send half that to the relevant broadcaster.

I just watched us in a bar in Greece showing us on BeIn Premier 3. I couldn't watch us on CAFCTV because Greece is on the list of companies who have rights. 
  • So in the end it turned out that on Valley Pass there was no commentary even, so I actually had the best available access on Viaplay which has an English commentator. But this will happen again if we have a decent season. I suppose we just have to live with it one more season. But who trusts these idiots to negotiate a new deal which sorts this out? Not me. Not with this Ben Wright leading it. He has appointed a consultancy to tell him how to brief the second consultancy that will actually sell the rights. I am not kidding you. 

• Be interested what experts say because the people I know in the game all say that linear TV is finished and we will all be streaming. Therefore any rights package that doesn't allow for this is a wrong 'un. So it follows that if a game is selected for coverage, let us pay to watch it.
  • I loved the on line coverage last season, very professional and I'm happy to stump up a tenner on a pay as you go basis.

I have no interest in paying for an expensive Sky package of Premiership matches I will never watch. I don't even watch MotD ffs unless Charlton are included.

Tried to listen to the match on the radio and rather than have Charlton v Wendies Five Live broadcast a pre season friendly match! 
  • I loved the on line coverage last season, very professional and I'm happy to stump up a tenner on a pay as you go basis.

I have no interest in paying for an expensive Sky package of Premiership matches I will never watch. I don't even watch MotD ffs unless Charlton are included.

Tried to listen to the match on the radio and rather than have Charlton v Wendies Five Live broadcast a pre season friendly match! 
    BBC Radio 5 Live do not have the EFL Broadcasting rights, Talksport have them (or at least did last season)

Can we watch some (midweek?) games in the UK on a pay as you go basis? What are the options in the UK?
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    I loved the on line coverage last season, very professional and I'm happy to stump up a tenner on a pay as you go basis.

BBC Radio 5 Live do not have the EFL Broadcasting rights, Talksport have them (or at least did last season)
    Hmm. BBC London do, because they had the bloody Spanners match.
    Meanwhile the commentators on Five Live were all trying to outdo each other auditioning for a Talkshite gig. i gave up at half time.

Can we watch some (midweek?) games in the UK on a pay as you go basis? What are the options in the UK?
    All midweek league matches will be streamed on Valley Player in the UK
  • se9addick said:
    I loved the on line coverage last season, very professional and I'm happy to stump up a tenner on a pay as you go basis.

Now after yesterday I am wondering what they will do on Saturdays. Will they do the full package, just for the overseas audience? Based on the pricing for a season pass, the answer has to be “yes”….but I am not sure the economics of it would make sense. Unless Curbs and Scotty are going to work pro bono…
  • What is viaplay? A VPN?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    It's a streaming service which pretty much has cornered the UK soccer market in Scandinavia and the Baltic countries
  • It's a streaming service which pretty much has cornered the UK soccer market in Scandinavia and the Baltic countries
    Yep.My buddy’ s son has allowed me to use his login
  • se9addick said:

Thanks. Can you pay as you go or is there an option to buy a UK package for the lot?
  • se9addick said:

Will be looking forward to tuning into Charlton TV for those games - one (only?) positive of covid was getting to see 53 out of a possible 55 league games in a row.
  • I used a streaming service (HESgoals) and added the commentary from Charlton TV, pausing as required to keep in sync. Perfect - though match only,no build dup etc.

• I am in USA and couldn't watch Charlton TV as we were locked out due to the game being shown on ESPN+....really disappointed as I wanted to watch the Alan Curbishley presentation and TS playing guitar. Is there anywhere we can watch the latter ? 
  • This sort of es h one tee is the reason that people turn to illegal streams