Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mason Burstow - progress at Chelsea (p47)

Comments

• Congratulations Mason! 
  • Congratulations, really well deserved
  • Anyone know what type of player he is ? Position etc ?
  • Well done

Academy players signing pro contracts or youngers signing extended deal announcements have been a bit thin on the ground recently
  • How old is he?  I would ask him for ID if he was trying to but a scratchcard and 10 lambert and butler
  • How old is he?  I would ask him for ID if he was trying to but a scratchcard and 10 lambert and butler
    He was playing for the U18s in the Play-Off Final against Wigan so think he's about 17
  • Congrats Mason. 

Keep on working. 
  • Good luck Mason, hope you have a long career in football, mainly with us
  • Looks good from the (admittedly very few) times I've seen him. Think he has the raw attributes to go a long way. 
  • Sponsored links:

He was playing for the U18s in the Play-Off Final against Wigan so think he's about 17
    Yeah, remember he scored that injury time cool finish winner in the semi v Birmingham
  • This is great news. Very hopeful about this lad. 
  • Congrats to him hopefully he will rise through the ranks and be ready for us in a few years
  • Good news. Makes it all the more disappointing we haven't arranged a friendly with Welling.
  • Looks good from the (admittedly very few) times I've seen him. Think he has the raw attributes to go a long way to Benfica
    I've added the bit you missed.
  • Congrats to him hopefully he will rise through the ranks and be ready for us in a few years
  • AndyG said:
    Congrats to him hopefully he will rise through the ranks and be ready for us in a few years
    You can say that again Andy
  • Congrats to him and good news.  I hope to see some more of the youngsters being announced asap.
  • I havent read the full article does it mention a contract length 
  • Good luck to him. Saw him score a hat-trick in a Youth Cup tie for Welling U18s v Elmstead U18s. Centre Forward. Was strong at U18 level. He was also playing for Maidstone United U23s at the time.
  • Sponsored links:

• This makes me very happy 😁
  • Congrats Mason, the hard graft starts here.
  • I knew there had to be a reason for Stangaard to fly over 😉.

Congratulations!. 
  • Was very impressed with his movement,  composure and finishing in the semi final against Brum. Was quiet against Wigan but then so was the whole team. Glad we've signed him up would be good to have an academy striker break through into the first team.
  • Pleased you have a great result from all the hard work you have put in.
    Enjoy the moment and plan for the next step. Good luck and looking forward to seeing you run out at the Valley.
  • Scoham said:
    You can still watch the u18 semi and final back on YouTube. He scored the winning goal in the semi with a very composed finish in added on time, it’s here from 2:01:30: https://youtu.be/cOmX-S6go-o
    So composed.
  • Good Luck Mason Burstow. The road is long and hard to rise up the pecking order while staying fit and also as a striker being fed the ball when you are taking up good positions. 

I would love to see a striker take time but get through to our first team. Our problem is we need him to progress but not too quickly or he get bought by Chelsea and is then loaned out for 5 years to the highest bidder.
  • Great stuff, young man ! 

Onwards & upwards with our very special Club.