Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Membership scheme

Comments

• Vincenzo said:
    Gutted to see the new Animal Addick pet membership announced the season after Curbishley Cat died. I mean, I'd had him 20 years!
    What cats can live to 20?! I was under the impression when I was unwillingly pushed into cat ownership again last year by a begging family 12 or 14 at a push. 
    They have already enrolled (Floyd) into the animal membership my daughter is insisting the cat is hers so hopefully it will be moving out with her soon, at least well before 20 years!! 
    @MStuartPerm although the average may be around 14, 20 isn't really old: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creme_Puff_(cat)
    38, jeez my current cat may well outlive me then!
  • Brilliant, joined the Pet scheme 
  • Vincenzo said:
    Gutted to see the new Animal Addick pet membership announced the season after Curbishley Cat died. I mean, I'd had him 20 years!
    What cats can live to 20?! I was under the impression when I was unwillingly pushed into cat ownership again last year by a begging family 12 or 14 at a push. 
    They have already enrolled (Floyd) into the animal membership my daughter is insisting the cat is hers so hopefully it will be moving out with her soon, at least well before 20 years!! 
    @MStuartPerm although the average may be around 14, 20 isn't really old: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creme_Puff_(cat)
    If our moggy lasts that long I think i will be pushing up daisies ahead of it, I would be 85 and well past caring about the cat. If anyone else has any horror stories of long living cats please don’t let me know. I will continue to take the average approach and assume 14 years. 
  • I think I may hang on until they launch the premium, vip, platinum membership plus scheme for season ticket holders who are Valley Gold, especially if there is the additional option to sign up my dog! 
  • Don't think I'll bother. As Groucho Marx once said......" I'll not join a club who'll have me as a member".
  • Jonniesta said:
    stonemuse said:
    It’s good ... although I do wonder how much take up there will be for pets  :disappointed:

A pretty good take up for Animal Addicks in the first 45 minutes! 
    Glad to hear it! Wondering of we can get one of the overseas goats to symbolically eat a sofa...
    They are more likely to lay on it and never move 😂😂
  • Loyalty points should be handed out for those who are attending games only IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Does pet ownership entitle my great dane to take a dump in the opposition changing room just before half time? If not, count me out.
  • I'll get my son a membership. Free entry to mascot at home games is a good benefit.
  • Having spent such a long time spending the absolute minimum on following CAFC to avoid RD getting his hands on my cash, I’m delighted to support the club and throw them a little more money. 

“It’s money grabbing / a gimmick” - that’s the bloomin’ point! Every club needs to maximise revenue. At least now the revenue is being invested back into the club
    True but the prices aren't extortionate and no one has to pay them to get access to tickets or anything else.

Just as important as the money IMHO is the data.

Those overseas or far away may not be on the club's database but this way they are members to whom services can be marketed.

And that big sponsor/partner may well want to know we have 1000s of members worldwide.
  • edited June 2021
    Having spent such a long time spending the absolute minimum on following CAFC to avoid RD getting his hands on my cash, I’m delighted to support the club and throw them a little more money. 

“It’s money grabbing / a gimmick” - that’s the bloomin’ point! Every club needs to maximise revenue. At least now the revenue is being invested back into the club
    True but the prices aren't extortionate and no one has to pay them to get access to tickets or anything else.

Those overseas or far away may not be on the club's database but this way they are members to whom services can be marketed.

And that big sponsor/partner may well want to know we have 1000s of members worldwide.
    I think you (and the club) may be overestimating the number of adults who will join a membership scheme with these benefits at that price point. It’s unlikely to be a number that would be material to a “big” sponsor, in my opinion.
  • edited June 2021
    Having spent such a long time spending the absolute minimum on following CAFC to avoid RD getting his hands on my cash, I’m delighted to support the club and throw them a little more money. 

• “International Addicks members will also receive 15% off an annual CharltonTV subscription to help them follow all the action from afar, 25 loyalty points and 20% off stadium tours.”

Seems like a good deal for those of us based abroad. Does anyone know if we have to commit to buying CharltonTV for next season now? Or can we use the 15% discount later?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    “International Addicks members will also receive 15% off an annual CharltonTV subscription to help them follow all the action from afar, 25 loyalty points and 20% off stadium tours.”

Seems like a good deal for those of us based abroad. Does anyone know if we have to commit to buying CharltonTV for next season now? Or can we use the 15% discount later?
    You won’t have to commit yet Callum, as they haven’t confirmed price etc yet. 

• That is not a very helpful response at all. 
  • A shameless cashin, but with how I currently feel about the club, take my money for me, my family and pets. Don’t let my faith down Thomas….
  • Interesting idea.

I'm afraid that my current circumstances along with a 500 mile round trip means that I wouldn't attend a Q&A, a training session or too many home games for a while.

I would just be donating £35 pa each to the club if I signed up for it. I won't be for those reasons.

I will check out the shop and hope that I can buy tat from there as a means of handing over wedge. 
  • “International Addicks members will also receive 15% off an annual CharltonTV subscription to help them follow all the action from afar, 25 loyalty points and 20% off stadium tours.”

You won’t have to commit yet Callum, as they haven’t confirmed price etc yet. 

That’ll do for now, thanks.
  • edited June 2021
    Interesting idea.

I'm afraid that my current circumstances along with a 500 mile round trip means that I wouldn't attend a Q&A, a training session or too many home games for a while.

I would just be donating £35 pa each to the club if I signed up for it. I won't be for those reasons.

I will check out the shop and hope that I can buy tat from there as a means of handing over wedge. 
    Totally understand your sentiments but spending in the shop is likely to be a very inefficient way of contributing to the club, due to VAT, cost of sale and franchising arrangements. Indeed it’s even possible the club sees none of it, due to the franchise deal being based on thresholds that aren’t met (believe this was the case at one time, might well not be now. At the time I think it got a flat minimum payout). 

Aside from central payments, such as TV, the club makes money from tickets first, tickets second and tickets third - other stuff comes a distant fourth, if you’re lucky. That’s why increasing support matters - not to sell other stuff but because the marginal cost of supplying a ticket Is close to zero. You still can’t get away from VAT, mind.
  • Last year the Charlton TV season ticket was £140 at the start of the season but rose to £195 when the price went up to a tenner.

Assuming about the same, 15% discount is actually more than the cost of membership. Of course we don't yet know what's on offer and I'm likely to be in the UK anyway so I'll hold fire for now.

I don't think Ernie the dog will be too bothered if I don't sign him up.
  • Interesting idea.

Totally understand your sentiments but spending in the shop is likely to be a very inefficient way of contributing to the club, due to VAT, cost of sale and franchising arrangements. Indeed it’s even possible the club sees none of it, due to the franchise deal being based on thresholds that aren’t met (believe this was the case at one time, might well not be now. At the time I think it got a flat minimum payout). 

Aside from central payments, such as TV, the club makes money from tickets first, tickets second and tickets third - other stuff comes a distant fourth, if you’re lucky. That’s why increasing support matters - not to sell other stuff but because the marginal cost of supplying a ticket Is close to zero. You still can’t get away from VAT, mind.
    I get that, but it makes me feel as though I'm contributing (despite the facts) and getting something in return.

Now I'm back in the Valley Gold fold, this seems my best option, although I will willingly pay for the live matches still if they continue. 
  • Having spent such a long time spending the absolute minimum on following CAFC to avoid RD getting his hands on my cash, I’m delighted to support the club and throw them a little more money. 

I think you (and the club) may be overestimating the number of adults who will join a membership scheme with these benefits at that price point. It’s unlikely to be a number that would be material to a “big” sponsor, in my opinion.
    I didn't estimate any numbers.

I was pointing out one of what I think the reasons behind the scheme are.

Whether it will work or not, both from a financial and data point of view I don't know.  None of the options attract me due to living locally, having a ST again and having no pets or young children.

But I and the other adult season ticket holders aren't the target audience here (other than the pet scheme which is sponsored anyway).

The club may well be disappointed with the take up, we shall see, and I can see some negative reaction once loyalty points come up for away games but that has happened nearly every season for years.

But wanting to have more information on who your existing and potential "customers" are and having a way of contacting is hardly a new or radical idea.