Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Membership scheme

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60b0f1c9471e5/charlton-launch-new-membership-scheme

Good initiative to bring fans even closer, or shameless way of making more money? You decide. 

I'm saying good initiative.... but the Newborn and Pet Addicks parts... 

Comments

• It’s good ... although I do wonder how much take up there will be for pets  :disappointed:

• I love it.
    But then I would, being abroad.
  • stonemuse said:
    It’s good ... although I do wonder how much take up there will be for pets  :disappointed:

T.C.E will be pondering what to do no doubt.
  • I love it.
    But then I would, being abroad.
    There’s an “a broad” joke in there somewhere but I’m too much of a gentleman to look for it. 
  • Not sure I see the value as a season ticket holder. Won't need the home ticket discount nor the ability to buy home tickets 48 hours early, clearly, and don't really need the socks nor the calendar!

The 48 hour will be interesting though if we get to a play off semi-final as to where that sits with the non members. As it does state members get the 48 hours early access.

It will suit a number of people I suspect, but don't expect the take up to be huge, but that's probably not the idea of it. 

• Sponsored links:

• I love the idea of the bedtime story for the tots.  :)  
    Ghost story time.
  • For overseas Addicks, I think the question is whether to join the International group (geography) or the regular Adult (age). Not going to lie, I want those socks!

In the age of Sandgaard, this is a little extra revenue that comes right back to us in the form of fan engagement, like CharltonTV etc. It’s a win, win.
    Quite like the idea of Ryan Inniss reading hush little baby to my new born. 
    Highlights of the away game against Accrington would be better...
  • As a season ticket holder I can't see the benefit so I won't be buying but the priority access to tickets doesn't seem that well thought out to me. Does this membership now rank higher than Valley Gold for example?

If we make it to the play offs do £30 members get access to the tickets before £120 VG members?

The memberships for kids and teens look good and whilst animal addicks is a bit silly, if someone is willing to chuck £10 the clubs way and get nothing in return then the club would be silly to turn it down!
  • Used to have quite a few fans that would have been eligible for the animal addicks package. 

• Sponsored links:

• Gutted to see the new Animal Addick pet membership announced the season after Curbishley Cat died. I mean, I'd had him 20 years!
  • Sadly it won’t be happening here, the last thing I need is an industrial dispute because one is member and another isn’t so we’ve opted out......... and I don’t suppose they’d let me nominate someone to hang a bandana around their necks is the the other reason, feck me they’d bite me for trying that stunt 😂

joking aside £50 pays most of their insurance for two weeks so we’ll hang onto it. Purely financial reasons, I’m afraid. 😢
  • Bit of a cynical cash grab if you ask me... which I’m fine with if it facilitates a squad rebuild.

I hope next year’s calendar works out better, I’m not sure if any of the players are left from the 21 version 🤣🤣🤣

Will probably sign the kids up for the benefit of the tour and tournament.... don’t think the dog is too fussed though
  • Vincenzo said:
    Gutted to see the new Animal Addick pet membership announced the season after Curbishley Cat died. I mean, I'd had him 20 years!
    What cats can live to 20?! I was under the impression when I was unwillingly pushed into cat ownership again last year by a begging family 12 or 14 at a push. 
    They have already enrolled (Floyd) into the animal membership my daughter is insisting the cat is hers so hopefully it will be moving out with her soon, at least well before 20 years!! 
  • Vincenzo said:
    Gutted to see the new Animal Addick pet membership announced the season after Curbishley Cat died. I mean, I'd had him 20 years!
    What cats can live to 20?! I was under the impression when I was unwillingly pushed into cat ownership again last year by a begging family 12 or 14 at a push. 
    They have already enrolled (Floyd) into the animal membership my daughter is insisting the cat is hers so hopefully it will be moving out with her soon, at least well before 20 years!! 
    Sorry to burst the bubble.......but my mates cat lived to 26.....
  • Its gives all fans an opportunity to contribute to the club, no matter the size, it could be a membership or a season ticket and allows everyone to be part of TS dream.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Bit of a cynical cash grab if you ask me... which I’m fine with if it facilitates a squad rebuild.

I hope next year’s calendar works out better, I’m not sure if any of the players are left from the 21 version 🤣🤣🤣

Will probably sign the kids up for the benefit of the tour and tournament.... don’t think the dog is too fussed though
    Have you asked him?
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Vincenzo said:
    Sorry to burst the bubble.......but my mates cat lived to 26.....
    26!!! I have been well done. Still every time I want to go to an away game I will drag it up and remind them that me going to Charlton away when I wanted was part of the deal. 
  • Vincenzo said:
    @MStuartPerm although the average may be around 14, 20 isn't really old: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creme_Puff_(cat)