Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Old or existing songs that could win Eurovision?

Comments

• hawksmoor said:
    Kick Out The Jams by the MC5.
    Aren’t they dead Americans?
  • Bad Manners revival 2022

Lip up fatty...
  • Any Floyd, from any album. Would piss it!
  • Anything by the cheeky girls
  • Eurovision has got little to do with quality of the song. Voting is a charade & a national beauty contest. Post Brexit & generally being a big pain in the neck, UK could raise Beatles from the grave to sing their finest song ever & UK would still be on the second page - behind some kitschy pop crap from Estonia 🇪🇪. 

Next winner from UK will be some reheated Proclaimers type number from Scotland after Scottish independence.
  • Actually, 'I'm Gonna Be' has the qualities of a great Eurovision song. It would defy people not to vote for it. 
  • edited May 2021
    https://youtu.be/tqketmsRz1E

Ballroom blitz - Sweet

Europe would rock to this
  • I think there should be a referendum to decide whether we leave the Eurovision Song Contest.

Leave
  • Sponsored links:

• Frieheit - Keeping the dream alive 😎
  • Withdraw our funding.
    Take our chances in the preliminary heats.
    Give the job to young up and coming talent with an added carrot of above funding.
    See what happens.

Can't do much worse can we?
  • Stig said:
    Rothko said:
    It needs to be something that sounds ok on Capital or Radio 1 now, so Bill Bailey can forget it 
    I actually think Bill Bailey is the perfect act for it. He could do one song using five styles in 2½ minutes and be an absolute wow. Musically he would be better than anyone else on there, and if he bombed, it wouldn't matter anyway because he's primarily a comedian. In fact he'd likely get enough material out of it for a new stand up routine. I hope he does it, it would be the most refreshing thing on Eurovision since... errr, well since ever.
    100% this. We need to stop taking it so seriously and maybe just do a pastiche of the whole thing. No idea what Bill Bailey's profile is like in Europe but I'd bet there's very few performers anything like him, so they would be blown away by his versatility. He can even dance better than any of them, probably.

Who knows if that would transfer into votes but more importantly who cares? He'd be a breath of fresh air after a succession of bland pap. 
  • iainment said:
    Shudupayouface Joe Dolce
    Isn’t he an Aussie?
    Yep, they're allowed in :smile:
  • Anti nowhere league So What
  • Scootch should have won in 2007! Magic lyrics, ''would you like something to suck on?''
    ''Just hold it to you mouth and blow''. We were robbed!
  • Scootch should have won in 2007! Magic lyrics, ''would you like something to suck on?''
    ''Just hold it to you mouth and blow''. We were robbed!
    I do think the lyrics and the whole dance routine were superb. It was beyond camp.
  • Think this year's one is actually pretty decent.

https://youtu.be/udsMTb2NIak
  • Peter and The Test Tube Babies - Up Yer Bum
  • Sponsored links:

• nice song
  • Zero 7 - Destiny 

Another song for 2-5 points.

The Europeans like a gimmick not something that seems like car advertising or a DHS sale.

When will they ever learn?
  • edited March 2022
    Writing as an ex Israeli (4 times winners), the winning formula is: you've got to be a European wannabe from outside Europe.  I'm pretty sure Boris knew that when he did Brexit.

Ah, and drop that awful English accent...

So perhaps: 'Where do you go to my lovely'
    Sung by Nigel Farage
  • Ant Man Bee by Captain Beefheart... of course

The Europeans like a gimmick not something that seems like car advertising or a DHS sale.

It won't win because it is British. But it is the best song we have put out for quite a while. I would say, if we get in the top half with it, it should be treated by us as a win.

In terms of the best Eirovision songs. I like one that came 6th in 1979! Disco Tango, the Danish entry by Tommy Seebach.  
  • edited March 2022
    Think this year's one is actually pretty decent.

It won't win because it is British. But it is the best song we have put out for quite a while. I would say, if we get in the top half with it, it should be treated by us as a win.

In terms of the best Eirovision songs. I like one that came 6th in 1979! Disco Tango, the Danish entry by Tommy Seebach.  
    What nonsense of a persecution syndrome.
    Being British wasn't a problem for our five winners and fifteen runners-up. Bucks Fizz set the perfect example: a catchy song that appeals to all peoples of different cultures with the surprising gimmick of the two men tearing off the women's skirts halfway through.

• Anti nowhere league So What
    I went to see the League loads of times in the 80's, they often used to introduce one of their other gems as their "Song for Europe". The song? I Hate People.

As Animal said, it lost.
  • "We're f***in sh15, we're f***in sh15" by The Covered End Choir.
  • Warm Leatherette……The Normal. 🤗