Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Taskmaster

Comments

• No live audience?

Think there’s some sort of bug around or something 
  • Thought it was a solid start but the first episode can sometimes feel a bit flat.

Had to Google Mike Wozniak afterwards and now all the in jokes from Greg make sense. 

Charlotte Ritchie did remind me a bit of Katherine Parkinson from the last series where she felt a bit out of place. 
  • cfgs said:
    I love Taskmaster - but the first episode felt a bit flat to me for some reason. 
    I liked it but sometimes they take some time to get properly going, felt a bit like we were intruding into a private joke between Mike Wozniak and Greg.
    Spot on, couldn't put my finger on what it was but this sums it up for me.

I love it and will watch every episode whatever, but they definitely are a bit of a victim of their own success.

I'd like to see David Mitchell do it.
  • I really enjoyed it.  Decent line up although Charlotte Ritchie had a slow start.
  • No live audience?

Same with series 10.
    an audience is shown the recording and their reactions are recorded and added to the transmission so you can hear laughter etc in the right places.

They are hoping to get live audiences back for the Champion of Champions 2 when it’s recorded in a few months 
  • edited March 2021
    cfgs said:
    I love Taskmaster - but the first episode felt a bit flat to me for some reason. 
    I liked it but sometimes they take some time to get properly going, felt a bit like we were intruding into a private joke between Mike Wozniak and Greg.
    Spot on, couldn't put my finger on what it was but this sums it up for me.

I love it and will watch every episode whatever, but they definitely are a bit of a victim of their own success.

I'd like to see David Mitchell do it.
    I think he would be very good - as would his wife.

Always thought Ross Noble would be great on it.
  • So many times I watch the first episode of a series and come away thinking it’s a bit flat or it’s lost something.
    and yet every time, by the end of the run I feel it’s one of the best series yet.

happens every year. Just takes time for them all to settle in
    Exactly, and it's even more pronounced with the social distancing in the studio.
  • Thought it was a bit shit.
  • No live audience?

Same with series 10.
    an audience is shown the recording and their reactions are recorded and added to the transmission so you can hear laughter etc in the right places.

They are hoping to get live audiences back for the Champion of Champions 2 when it’s recorded in a few months 
    When I went a live recording, the whole event seemed to be about the interaction with the audience. We were sometimes told to stop laughing so that Greg could get on with the show! Out of two or three hours of very enjoyable stupidity they "cobbled together" a professional looking TV program.

I have no idea what goes on at the moment but it must be completely different to what I saw!
  • Sponsored links:

• Better first episode than last series, I thought, and the first episode often feels a little flat and awkward so I expect it to improve as the weeks go on. Wozniak has strong nutter potential -  if you don't know who he is you can't have seen 'Man Down" which means you've missed out on a treat. Think the panel looks to have a good balance of mix of crazy (Wozniak), angry (Maddix), competitive (Mack), route 1 with a sprinkling of self loathing when watching herself back (Kendall), and bewildered (Ritchie).
  • Wozniak will be the dark horse of this series I think, Maddix is a poor man's Romesh with the angry vibes, Lee Mack will throw himself into tasks and isn't afraid of being a loon. 
  • "It's an absolute casserole down there" Mike Wozniak
    I haven’t laughed so hard in ages. 
  • Mike Wozniak is one of my all time favourite contestants, I also really like Jamal and the fact he pretended to not have a clue about the series.
    That sound....and his face 😂
  • Mike Wozniak is absolutely carrying this series.  Find him so funny.
    Strong contender for The Quote of The Year 2021 already.
    It was Greg Davies losing his cool that made it even funnier. Loving this series
  • Mike Wozniak might be my favourite ever TM contestant ever. So so quotable , was hoping he might win the series but that doesn't look like happening now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Also, the "there was a simple way to win the task that most of them missed" moments never get old.
  • Mike Wozniak is absolutely carrying this series.  Find him so funny.
    There was a quote last week along the lines of "no-one can take away from me what a lovely day I had" that had me in stitches. He's just funny.
  • The little tong dance thing last week was brilliant too:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Mike Wozniak might be my favourite ever TM contestant ever. So so quotable , was hoping he might win the series but that doesn't look like happening now.
    He is the guest on the podcast this week. Some great lines on there too.
  • If you haven’t already seen it. Watch with caution.

https://youtu.be/E8uAY2d1ADM
  • edited May 2021
    Lee Mack at his best. https://youtu.be/Xi6RfaXwM88
  • Looking forward to the series finale on Thursday. Still think Sarah is going to end up winning it but I'd personally love to see Mike win it. 
  • I actually forgot that this was on. It has been the most underwhelming series yet.
  • I loved this series tbf, better than some others. 
  • I loved this series tbf, better than some others. 
    Think it has been stronger than series 10 , was a bit concerned at the start Charlotte was going to be a complete fish out of water but she gradually has got into it. 

Mike has absolutely stolen the show for me though.