Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sunderland v Charlton | Sat 10 April 2021

edited April 2021 in General Charlton
Big game today. We do ourselves a power of good if we can come home with 3 points.

Mr Adkins has put a big smile on his face, saying: "The application of the lads and the togetherness has been good, and we’re all looking forward to the game, knowing that it’s going to be a real challenge."   I like the "togetherness" bit. Team spirit can carry a team a long way.

Team news: Well, it's a fit squad apart from the hamstrung Washo, who's making good progress.
Nads has emphasised that it's a squad game and everybody will be involved at some level or another. 

Unchanged!

Charlton: Amos; Matthews, Inniss, Pearce (C), Purrington; Forster-Caskey, Pratley, Gilbey; Maatsen, Stockley, Jaiyesimi

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Gunter, Oshilaja, Watson, Shinnie, Watson, Millar, Schwartz

Will it be a virtual 'Sell out' crowd for today's game? There's £10k of prizes on offer.
Supporters who are yet to purchase a pass for Saturday's game can do so here.

It's a 2pm start today on Charlton TV ........ on Valley Pass: The Scott Minto Show, starring legends Curbs and Lennie Lawrence.
And there will be a big feature involving Jason Pearce, Josh Cullen and Patrick Bauer whose final kick in a Charlton shirt won us promotion - against Sunderland.

Comments

• Options
    Can’t afford to give way an early goal. It’s been the downfall of our season but we must avoid giving away silly a goal and having to chase the game.

Haven’t won back to back matches since October. If we want to finish 6th without a final day panic today is the day we need to win.
  • Options

Don't forget to tune in to Valley Pass today ..... at 2 pm.

• Options
    Can’t afford to give way an early goal. It’s been the downfall of our season but we must avoid giving away silly a goal and having to chase the game.

Haven’t won back to back matches since October. If we want to finish 6th without a final day panic today is the day we need to win.
    I hadn’t realised that. That’s pretty pathetic really. Still we have a good manager now.
  • Options
    No Aneke
  • Options
    Anyone else struggling to get into valley pass on the ipad?
  • Options
    Yeah, me! :neutral:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    No Aneke
    "...... slight groin strain". 

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    No Aneke
    Adkins made that comment last week about some players being soon out of contract
  • Options
    cant get on

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Shivers down the spine time on VP, rerunning the two wembley matches, and looking forward to Curbs and Lennie catching up on Curbs signing for us, and as they say the rest is our proud history.
  • Options
    Me also.
  • Options
    so good to see Lennie again 
  • Options
    Glad same team. Maybe that's why Chucks got less mins that we all wanted last week. 

Striker options are not great from the bench but lets hope we dont concede early.
  • Options

• Options
    Famewo not on the bench. And washington not back yet 
  • Options
    Seeing that line up & the bench screams no goals & no chance. I'll stick to my 2-0.
  • Options
    Curbs 1998 suit on the way to the museum 😉
  • Options

Aneke, Famewo and Washington still injured?
  • Options
    Famewo not on the bench. And washington not back yet 
    Was expecting to see Famewo very surprised not in the squad 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Dazzler21 said:

Aneke, Famewo and Washington still injured?
    Looks that way don't it, big loss to the team and prospects, but we have to remain positive 
  • Options
    Loving this coverage 
  • Options
    Meanwhile at another place,
    London Sewage 0 Swansea 3
    That's got my afternoon off to a great start.
  • Options
    I will be turning the stream on at 2.59. Done with all of this Sunderland nostalgia phoney war bollocks 
  • Options
    Not feeling it today 
    Feels like a big game today.
  • Options
    Shame no Shinnie, improves that team
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!