Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Home extension drawings

Comments

• edited April 2021
    @ElfsborgAddick is your man. Here are his plans for his new house. That is his dream height as well.....he might have problems getting through the door though. 

• I had a penis extension.
    The curved glass was expensive and the neighbours complained to the council.
  • Home extension drawings are very important - as is advice from a qualified architect. Nobody told me extending my flat would be problematic.

Strange News Archives - Insurance Claims

• @ElfsborgAddick is your man. Here are his plans for his new house. That is his dream height as well.....he might have problems getting through the door though. 

I hate you more each passing day.
  • bobmunro said:
    Home extension drawings are very important - as is advice from a qualified architect. Nobody told me extending my flat would be problematic.

Strange News Archives - Insurance Claims

Looks like the back end of a caravan 
  • @ElfsborgAddick is your man. Here are his plans for his new house. That is his dream height as well.....he might have problems getting through the door though. 

I would have gone for a couple more windows but I guess that’s down to personal taste. I like the low maintenance garden. 

The sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky, it’s at least a spring day because the flower is blooming and the grass needs cutting and the matchstick man hasn’t got a coat on...so why is the fire going ?
  • Why do people do this? The poster will go somewhere else now and a Charlton fan will miss out on a job. Glad i always use checkatrade.
  • Why do people do this? The poster will go somewhere else now and a Charlton fan will miss out on a job. Glad i always use checkatrade.
    I cant see anything from the OP. Looks like it was quickly edited & the original blurb removed. Might as well just close the thread. 
    I cant see anything from the OP. Looks like it was quickly edited & the original blurb removed. Might as well just close the thread. 
    It was a simple request asking if anyone on here provided drawings as a service, I presume with a view to possibly making a request for work.  Probably thought it was a waste of time given the responses. 
  • Sponsored links:

• In case the original poster is interested one way of finding a good architect could be to search the local planning applications, look for approved applications that are similar to what you are planning, see who did the drawings for it, then Google them etc.
    We recently got plans drawn but didn’t know what the original q was or would have posted details. Local people, not sure on football allegiance. 

I wouldn’t rely on checkatrade as know a few people stung. As a business, you provide a number for verification and could be a mate and checkatrade don’t check or follow up on any feedback which could be written by all your friends. 

Word of mouth is the way to go. Even if you walk down a local street of someone having work done any ask them for recommendations first hand it’s a better bet.
  • Checkatrade and similar sites ain’t worth a carrot. 
  • It's been great for me and I've used it a lot recently. You can tell that some reviews are a bit suspect and putting the company's name in Google can tell a different story. It gives you company names and phone numbers, not what's happened above.

No idea what the OP said. I opened the thread as I may have been able to help.
  • In case the original poster is interested one way of finding a good architect could be to search the local planning applications, look for approved applications that are similar to what you are planning, see who did the drawings for it, then Google them etc.
    Best advice I reckon unless you want something like one of those George Clark type documentary type dream/disaster architects designs. 
    I did exactly what you suggested and adapted the plans to suit my house. I do use CAD for a living so it wasn’t particularly difficult for me but some of the granted planning permission drawings look like they are done on the back of a fag packet so I’d say anyone can get 75% of the way by themselves. The planning portal guides you through it. 
    You still need to get a structural engineer to work out loadings, not something the council will except from you unless you’ve got the relevant qualifications.