Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

32 Years Ago Today - CAFC 2 Middlesbrough 0

1 April 1989 I was at that place in SE25 to see us beat Boro 2-0.

The joy was soon knocked out of me though when I got back to my parents house to find out that my dear old nan had passed away 4 hours earlier. I still miss her 😪

Comments

• Condolences mate. Yes, it never goes away does it. :(
  • Rob said:
    Condolences mate. Yes, it never goes away does it. :(
    You’re right Rob, time heals but we never forget.
  • edited April 2021
    Easter 1969 we beat them 2-0 at home as well if my memory serves me right...and Cardiff 4-1 at home the day before...waited a couple of days to draw away to Birmingham on the Monday though...lightweights in those days I tell you....
  • I would have been at that game and I can remember some of the games from around that era as it was my first season watching Charlton but for some reason can't remember this one.
  • I normally recall stuff from this era, but can't remember what happened last week :-) Now, I know John Humphrey scored the first but does anyone know who got the second?
  • I normally recall stuff from this era, but can't remember what happened last week :-) Now, I know John Humphrey scored the first but does anyone know who got the second?
    Ask @oohaahmortimer
  • I was in the arf-hour wait stand for this one, can’t remember who got the second though, Williams mebs,
    Ask @oohaahmortimer
    Does this mean a Mortymilk as we used to call it? Must have been, unusually, an ordinary goal from Morts as I can’t remember it.
  • edited April 2021
    RIP to your Nan.

Is this the one where we had Kernaghan and they had Walsh?
    Ask @oohaahmortimer
    Does this mean a Mortymilk as we used to call it? Must have been, unusually, an ordinary goal from Morts as I can’t remember it.
    Sublime bring down then vicious left peg strike in off the far post 
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP to your Nan.

No
  • RIP to your Nan.

Thanks mate 👍🏻
  • Easter 1969 we beat them 2-0 at home as well if my memory serves me right...and Cardiff 4-1 at home the day before...waited a couple of days to draw away to Birmingham on the Monday though...lightweights in those days I tell you....
    I keep thinking it was 4-0 and we played 'Boro of the park.

• Strong Boro line up
  • I think I recognise the ref , anyone know his name ?
    Paul Durkin
    Albie Morgan.
  • Keith Hackett
  • Sponsored links:

• Johnny H2 is right. It's Mr P.A. Durkin from Dorset. 

I was at this game and remember the pitch being typically end of season, ultra dry and bobbly. We won pretty easily and they didn't offer much at all. 

• I recognise Tony (we shouldn't be losing to teams like Charlton) Mowbray.
  • Was there that day ...kernaghan good for us ,dont remember colin walsh playing so well that day ...horrible drive to that shit hole 
  • RIP Your Nan
  • lolwray said:
    RIP Your Nan
    Thanks mate
  • lolwray said:
    Was there that day ...kernaghan good for us ,dont remember colin walsh playing so well that day ...horrible drive to that shit hole 
    Wrong game 
  • Was there. Went to every game at Selhurst despite hating the place. 
  • lolwray said:
    Was there that day ...kernaghan good for us ,dont remember colin walsh playing so well that day ...horrible drive to that shit hole 
    Wrong game 
    Err doh