Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Replacing conservatory roof

Hi, got the age old problem of a conservatory that gets too hot in summer and too cold in winter 

anyone had experience of replacing the roof to an existing conservatory with a solid roof?

did it make much of a difference to the heat in the room and make it more usable? 

What were the costs ?

thanks all. 

Comments

• My Mother in law had her roof changed on her conservatory, it has made the room so much more useable. Can’t remember how much it was.
  • This is on my to-do list too...
  • Depending on the size of the conservatory mate but should start at £8k for a small one then up from that and yes it does make a big difference as the level of insulation makes it more like an extension
  • MrOneLung said:
    Hi, got the age old problem of a conservatory that gets too hot in summer and too cold in winter 

anyone had experience of replacing the roof to an existing conservatory with a solid roof?

did it make much of a difference to the heat in the room and make it more usable? 

What were the costs ?

thanks all. 

In laws has same problem, had conservatory roof replaced with solid roof - now a proper useable room...
  • MrOneLung said:

What were the costs ?

thanks all. 

There was an advert on TV this afternoon for a firm flogging a product to deal with that without actually replacing the roof.

For the life of me I can't remember what they were called. 
  • Sounds promising. 

Glad to hear gets some thumbs up. 

Will be researching some companies 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    MrOneLung said:

What were the costs ?

thanks all. 

There was an advert on TV this afternoon for a firm flogging a product to deal with that without actually replacing the roof.

For the life of me I can't remember what they were called. 
    We buy any car
  • MrOneLung said:

What were the costs ?

thanks all. 

Standard glass replacement of an average size would could cost circa 3-4.5k  a more permanent roof structure 6-8k although you will need to factor in the cost for the internal finishes  plaster and lighting etc...

• We have that problem and really need to knock it down and build a proper extension. However, ceiling blinds helped a lot