Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who / what do you want next?

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Jason Pearce is normally fairly active on social media + he’s captain. Surprising (possibly telling) that he hasn’t made any comment yet. 
    Especially as he has posted something on Twitter this evening (a very sad story with an appeal) so it's not as if he's been too busy to go on twitter Today
  • Options
    don't fancy a foreign coach type gamble but if TS goes that way i would get behind it 
  • Options
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink?
  • Options
    Might they all have been told to stay off social media ?
    It wouldn't surprise me. Or at least advised to
  • Options
    Chris Powell far more likely than Curbs but I doubt it. 

TS is more likely thinking however who will give the players the boost they need right now to keep a play off place a possibility without taking a view that we need to start again with someone new and writing off the season. 

So despite the quote that alluded to a long term appointment I’d expect this to be Euell/Jackson stepping up until our fate is known. 

That is unless Bowyer jumped before he was pushed and Roddy was already identifying replacements. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Wilder or Howe please.
    one of these would be ideal - if not, somebody who has a proven record of getting promoted from league 1 (on more than one occassion and ideally, with more than 1 club)
    19/20 - Mark Robins, Paul Warne, Gareth Ainsworth
    18/19 - Nathan Jones/Mick Harford, Daniel Stendel, Lee Bowyer
    17/18 - Paul Cook, Tony Mowbray, Paul Warne
    16/17 - Chris Wilder, Phil Parkinson, Neil Harris
    15/16 - Gary Caldwell, Hasselbaink/Nigel Clough, Lee Johnson/Heckingbottom
    14/15 - Steve Cotterill, Karl Robinson, Simon Grayson
    13/14 - Kenny Jackett, Mark Warburton, Steve Evans
    12/13 - Dean Saunders, Eddie Howe, Gary Johnson
    11/12 - Chris Powell, Gary Megson/Dave Jones, Lee Clark/Simon Grayson
    10/11 - Gus Poyet, Nigel Adkins, Gary Johnson/Darren Ferguson

Take your pick from this glamorous list of the last 10 years.

- Promoted on more than one occasion: Paul Warne, Simon Grayson, Gary Johnson

- Promoted on more than one occasion with more than one club: Simon Grayson, Gary Johnson
  • Options
    In my opinion it needs to be someone free of any history or connection to the club.

Obviously Wilder would be an amazing get but I don't see any chance of it happening, so I'd go for the Cowley's. I know they have some negative views around them but I think they're better than people realise.
    Make your mind up.

Wilder is a former player.
    V number? 
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Come on lads you all wanted Bowyer out surely you had thought that through and decided who could take on the job after?
    Not true.

Not ALL of us wanted him out.

Silly comment looking for a reaction
  • Options
    Can’t put my finger on why, but I just don’t want the Cowleys 
  • Options
    All I’m sure of is that come Friday we’ll all be chomping at the bit for the big news and just like transfer deadline days we’ll hear zip. It’s the Charlton way.
    That’s the spirit !!!🙂
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Jason Pearce is normally fairly active on social media + he’s captain. Surprising (possibly telling) that he hasn’t made any comment yet. 
    Especially as he has posted something on Twitter this evening (a very sad story with an appeal) so it's not as if he's been too busy to go on twitter Today
    Jason is not stupid enough to say anything that could compromise himself or any incoming manager.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Wilder or Howe please.
    one of these would be ideal - if not, somebody who has a proven record of getting promoted from league 1 (on more than one occassion and ideally, with more than 1 club)
    19/20 - Mark Robins, Paul Warne, Gareth Ainsworth
    18/19 - Nathan Jones/Mick Harford, Daniel Stendel, Lee Bowyer
    17/18 - Paul Cook, Tony Mowbray, Paul Warne
    16/17 - Chris Wilder, Phil Parkinson, Neil Harris
    15/16 - Gary Caldwell, Hasselbaink/Nigel Clough, Lee Johnson/Heckingbottom
    14/15 - Steve Cotterill, Karl Robinson, Simon Grayson
    13/14 - Kenny Jackett, Mark Warburton, Steve Evans
    12/13 - Dean Saunders, Eddie Howe, Gary Johnson
    11/12 - Chris Powell, Gary Megson/Dave Jones, Lee Clark/Simon Grayson
    10/11 - Gus Poyet, Nigel Adkins, Gary Johnson/Darren Ferguson

Take your pick from this glamorous list of the last 10 years.

- Promoted on more than one occasion: Paul Warne, Simon Grayson, Gary Johnson

- Promoted on more than one occasion with more than one club: Simon Grayson, Gary Johnson
    Interesting how so many of those names are still managers, or have managed this season (so not included Howe or Stendel

PL - Wilder, Heckingbottom (caretaker)
    Championship - Robins, Warne, Ainsworth, Nathan Jones, Mowbray, Harris, Warburton
    L1 - Bowyer, Cook, Parkinson, Hasselbaink, Lee Johnson, Cotterill, Robinson, Grayson, Jackett, Evans, Ferguson
    L2 - Clough
    NL - Gary Johnson
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    About three weeks ago Bowyer’s demeanour changed and he stopped blaming the ref/his players/the tea lady etc. I thought at the time either GR or TS had had a quiet word and told him to chill a bit. Now I’m of the opinion that the Birmingham thing has been bubbling under for that time culminating in today. In that time TS/GR would not have been wasting their time and I’m sure have identified a shortlist of two or three for this scenario. The fact TS will be in the U.K. by Friday suggests an appointment by the weekend is pretty much guaranteed.
    There's a rumour that interviews have been taking place for weeks.
    Would explain why Bows has appeared to be on happy pills lately 
  • Options
    About three weeks ago Bowyer’s demeanour changed and he stopped blaming the ref/his players/the tea lady etc. I thought at the time either GR or TS had had a quiet word and told him to chill a bit. Now I’m of the opinion that the Birmingham thing has been bubbling under for that time culminating in today. In that time TS/GR would not have been wasting their time and I’m sure have identified a shortlist of two or three for this scenario. The fact TS will be in the U.K. by Friday suggests an appointment by the weekend is pretty much guaranteed.
    Rumour where ?
  • Options
    Rumour where ?
    From me 
  • Options
    I'd like to see Karel Fraeye get another go... 
  • Options
    I'd like to see Karel Fraeye get another go... 
    if only somebody else had suggested this...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!