Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who / what do you want next?

European route?
Brentford model?
Someone who knows how to get out of L1?
Someone with top level experience?
New and upcoming?
Lots of experience?
Charlton connection?

so many variables. Share what would be your approach and what names you fancy / don’t fancy

Comments

• Options
    We can’t rely on a Charlton connection. I’d like the Brentford way . The moneyball statistics way of winning but that’s easier said than done . 
  • Options
    Need someone who knows this level of football or the level above. Understands the need to fight for the right to play but wants to play on the front foot.

I liked the idea of Paul Cook but he now has a job.
  • Options
    If we are to achieve success relatively quickly we need to drum up funds to launder through the club, whilst improving ourselves.

As Bedsaddick says the Brentford way. 

That's how Roland should have tried to work. 

• Options
    Don't want the Cowleys or such like, would like a Stendel or down the Brentford model. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 promotions in my lifetime, all CAFC men. It's a must. 
     3 for me, but I wouldn't demand or discount it. 

Whatever Sandgaard decides, I'll trust for now.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I want a Charlton connection, as I think it’s a powerful way of instigating a positive mentality around the club and with the fans. 

Its worked in a big way before, and I think League One is weak enough that it could be enough to work for us again.

I’m not particularly interested in having some L1 manager Merry-go-round which changes every year or so, whether they’ve achieved promotion before or not.

The most enjoyment (and success) we’ve had is when there’s a Charlton man in charge, and it just so happens that our new caretaker manager is about as Charlton as they come.

Imagine the feeling next season when we all return to The Valley, and there is someone at the helm we can all properly identify with. 

My vote is for Johnnie Jackson.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Massive decision this one. I think TS will get it right but I wouldn’t fancy making the choice. 

There aren’t many obvious candidates. 
    Wilder or Howe.....even if that is wishful thinking. 

“He who dares Rodney, he who dares”.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    JamesSeed said:

yes, some people forget he played for us. Unfinished business ….
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We can’t rely on a Charlton connection. I’d like the Brentford way . The moneyball statistics way of winning but that’s easier said than done . 
    The Brentford way, so we will do away with the academy then.
  • Options
    I think it's so hard to build from League One to the Championship compared to 8/10 years or so ago when Norwich/Southampton/Wolves/Brighton did it just by spending a lot. Obviously the absolute dream would be getting in a manager now who can take us to the Prem, but the more likely scenario seems to be someone to get us up and establish us, then probably at some point someone else will come in when we are a more attractive job in the Championship and hopefully do that next step.

The Brentford model seems absolutely perfect, but I wouldn't be against just giving an established old hand some money without a budget cap just to get us out of League One as we need to be out of this league ASAP really.

Gus Poyet was the ambitious name on the Skybet list I was intrigued by who seems a bit more achievable than Howe/Wilder who I can't see in a million years being interested, particularly Howe.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    JamesSeed said:

Why would we want Gordon Ramsey?

seriously, who is he?

edit: it’s Chris wilder
    All part of TS's drive to improve every aspect of the club ... especially the catering.

• Options
    I trust TS. He is a shrewd person and has proven track record of thorough processes to get the right person
  • Options
    The shouts of Howe and Wilder on here will look silly when we end up with Kenny Jackett

I'd like an up and coming who plays exciting football. If not then give it to Jacko or Euell.
  • Options
    I think Matthew Taylor would be a step backwards as would the Cowley brothers.

I really think caretaker until the end of season Curbs or Jacko would be the best shout then have a long think about who best for the long term 
  • Options
    Jason Euell or JJ till end of season with Curbs as Director of Football and an experienced voice for them to work with.
  • Options
    I think TS will be willing to pay big wages to get the right man in. He wants stability and success, and a long term appointment would be beneficial to work our way through the leagues. 
    Personally I’m not sure going for a Charlton man is the way forward. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!