Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    Chris Powell in the studio watching Huddersfield v Cardiff, singing the praises of a man of the match performance from Naby Sarr.
    Cardiff unbeaten in 11 since Mick McCarthy took over. Another penalty missed against them though it wasn't one that needed Phillips to save as our former hat trick hero Yaya Sanogo failed to hit the target! 
  • Options
    What is it with Sarrs and 23? Naby had 23 with us and has that number at Huddersfield. Watford's  Ismaila Sarr also has 23
  • Options
    What is it with Sarrs and 23? Naby had 23 with us and has that number at Huddersfield. Watford's  Ismaila Sarr also has 23
    2+3=5....it’s a coded reminder to always be careful when passing back to his goalkeeper 
  • Options
    James Coppinger playing his 600th game for Doncaster this afternoon
  • Options
    Wednesday 1-0 down to Reading and down to 10 men...
  • Options
    Blackpool hitting a bit of form and 4 games in hand over us. 
  • Options
    96th minute winner for Rotherham against Wednesday. 

Wednesday now lost 5 games in a row. 

Hahahahaha. 
    Wednesday lost 3-0 today. 

Now 6 losses in a row. 
  • Options
    Quite a few players like 23. I think it’s because it was Michael Jordan’s number.
    David Beckham chose 23 for this reason.
  • Options
    Dates have been released for next season

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/march/season-202122-start-date-confirmed-for-sky-bet-efl

Nothing yet though about when the fixtures themselves will be released
  • Options
    Usually about the second week in June.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Christ Burton really have pulled away from the bottom of the league

Didnt realise they'd climbed so well of late 
  • Options
    Sound has gone
  • Options
    Christ Burton really have pulled away from the bottom of the league

Didnt realise they'd climbed so well of late 
    Take the six points off that we kindly donated and they'd probably still be bottom. And we'd be in the play offs.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56285251

Interesting that Newport got permission from the EFL to play 2 games at Cardiff, as their pitch is in appalling state. Even worse than the Peterborough one!
  • Options
    Watching Sheff Wed vs Norwich at the moment. I’m hoping Norwich get a result, but I can’t quite believe they’re so far clear at the top of the league. They can’t string two passes together. It’s a bit like watching Charlton.
  • Options
    Watching Sheff Wed vs Norwich at the moment. I’m hoping Norwich get a result, but I can’t quite believe they’re so far clear at the top of the league. They can’t string two passes together. It’s a bit like watching Charlton.
    Just seen they’ve now won 8 games in a row, so whatever they’re doing it’s working. 
  • Options
    Showed their class a bit more in the second half. More importantly, Wednesday showed how poor they are. Another MASSIVE loss. 😎
  • Options

Wednesday further off safety than they were when starting with -6 points. Hahaha
  • Options
    Will be so happy if Wednesday go down, much rather them than Millwall 
  • Options
    Bad news for us if they join us in this crap league next season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    EFL Cup is a weird one - Salford won last year's yesterday, and so will be holders for only a day.

Hoping Sunderland win but would be a bit sad if they finally win at Wembley when no one is there to see it.
  • Options
    Wednesday sacking Garry Monk has worked a dream. I think they've actually got worse since.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Be quite funny if Sunderland lost another Wembley final today
  • Options
    Nope, they finally won again 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Nope, they finally won again 
    McGeady with the assist for the goal.
  • Options
    Bloody hell. Burton Albion have won 8/9 of their recent games including the last six on the spin.  If they can do it surely we can? That’d propel us back into play off contenders 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Bloody hell. Burton Albion have won 8/9 of their recent games including the last six on the spin.  If they can do it surely we can? That’d propel us back into play off contenders 
    That'd put us competing for autos shirley? We'd be on 76 with 3/4 to play. 

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Burton with JFH, Sunderland with Johnson, Cardiff with McCarthy, Shrewsbury with Cotterill, Watford with Munoz have all significantly improved under new managers. Rooney at Derby, Hughton at Forest definitely improved things

Of course it doesn't always work (e.g. Big Sam at West Brom or the sacking of Monk at Wednesday)
  • Options
    Wednesday started on -6 points, they’re now 9 points from safety. Hilarious! 
    Love it