Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    He didn't actually wear that in a game did he?! 
    Somehow he did and got away with it by the look of it. 
    Why is there a problem with it? 
    Not sure it qualifies as part of his kit.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I have to say it is interesting that his posts are being liked/commented on by Chuks, Deji, Jonny etc.

Is there a split in this group between those who are siding with MM, Bogle, Jonny on one side and the seasoned pros like Pratley & Watson on the other who are behind Bowyer and saying that MM needs to put in the hard work if he wants a career as a footballer?
    Mentioned this before when Chuks liked his post. 

I have to say it is interesting that his posts are being liked/commented on by Chuks, Deji, Jonny etc.

Is there a split in this group between those who are siding with MM, Bogle, Jonny on one side and the seasoned pros like Pratley & Watson on the other who are behind Bowyer and saying that MM needs to put in the hard work if he wants a career as a footballer?
    .Or it could just be a like on Instagram. 
     I certainly don't think they'd be following or liking Maddison's posts on Instagram unless they liked him. 

I do think there is a divide, but where the divide falls is the bit we don't know. I do not think it's simply between the seasoned pros and those that should be in their prime (All those listed are 27 aren't they, as was Maddison).  

Where Captain Pearce or the assistant captains fall is incredibly important as they're the leaders on the pitch. 
  • Options

There could be, but equally you can have a situation where someone is a good lad who you wish the best for but he doesn't apply himself and has to move on. I've worked with plenty of people who were a great laugh in the office and good value down the pub, but were an absolute waste of space when it came to actually doing work. I've felt sad when they've left but also a bit relieved because it means I'm not carrying their workload anymore. It's entirely possible that Chuks likes him and hopes he does well at Bolton while also agreeing with Pratley and Watson that if he's not going to put the effort in in training then a move is the best thing for everyone. I guess we just don't know at this point
    Very true, would make a lot of sense.
  • Options

There could be, but equally you can have a situation where someone is a good lad who you wish the best for but he doesn't apply himself and has to move on. I've worked with plenty of people who were a great laugh in the office and good value down the pub, but were an absolute waste of space when it came to actually doing work. I've felt sad when they've left but also a bit relieved because it means I'm not carrying their workload anymore. It's entirely possible that Chuks likes him and hopes he does well at Bolton while also agreeing with Pratley and Watson that if he's not going to put the effort in in training then a move is the best thing for everyone. I guess we just don't know at this point
    I wouldn't be surprised if not all the dressing room agree with Pratley and Watson about how Bowyer has treated Maddison (or indeed Williams, Bogle etc)

It certainly doesn't look like a united side giving 110% for the manager out on the pitch...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Mentioned this before when Chuks liked his post. 

.Or it could just be a like on Instagram. 
     I certainly don't think they'd be following or liking Maddison's posts on Instagram unless they liked him. 

I do think there is a divide, but where the divide falls is the bit we don't know. I do not think it's simply between the seasoned pros and those that should be in their prime (All those listed are 27 aren't they, as was Maddison).  

Where Captain Pearce or the assistant captains fall is incredibly important as they're the leaders on the pitch. 
    Why can't they like him as a person, follow him on instagram, but not be 'siding' with him in some imaginary rift in the team? When he's not even in the team anymore? Can he not just be liking the post of a guy who he potentially liked personally but didn't fit in our team? 

As GarryManilow said I just think its a mountain out of a molehill for a 2 second action on IG, I haven't heard any actual rumours in terms of a team split, or seen any on here (I don't read the has Bowyer lost it thread though).

Just think its clutching at straws a little to jump to a conclusion like that to explain the issues in our team currently.
  • Options

So he's potentially not a complete wrong'un, just doesn't have the drive and determination to apply himself anymore. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Many a player have worn a headband whilst playing football.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Many a player have worn a headband whilst playing football.
    Do they wear these giant ones heavily branded?
    Most do not:
    https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/11-male-soccer-stars-who-know-how-to-work-a-headband
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

this is exactly what it is. There's people i maybe dont get along with that i've worked with, or not liked their work ethic, but i still "like" all their successes on linkedin, facebook or instagram.
  • Options
    Can’t believe the tik tok video of him working out isn’t here yet?
  • Options
    Talk about over analysing a situation. Boss didn't like him, players did, players still on talking terms. Not exactly uncommon is it?

On the subject of the headband, what an actual twat
    Exactly. Beckham fell out with Ferguson and left for Real Madrid. I'm sure the 'class of 92' didn't disown him and never acknowledge him again.
  • Options
    Doesnt really impress other pros elsewhere... 

I really hope they end up at the same club next season 🤣🤣🤣

Real Poyet and Carroll vibes
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can’t believe the tik tok video of him working out isn’t here yet?
    Why on earth would we have tiktok? It's for nonces and teenagers
    I thought you lot were all daan wiv da kids innit 🤔🤣🤣

And I saw it on Twitter and it’s ridiculous 🙄
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Doesnt really impress other pros elsewhere... 

I really hope they end up at the same club next season 🤣🤣🤣

Real Poyet and Carroll vibes
    I quite liked the look of Norburn when we played Shrewsbury
  • Options
    He's not even starting in league two? Goodness grief
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Unless he wears his Bolton shirt when he nips down to Tesco. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    He's not even starting in league two? Goodness grief
    He started the previous 3. Squad rotation I assume
  • Options
    Just to give what I feel is some context, people always like others posts on Instagram purely as a way of boosting their own profiles; it’s the same with all social media it will then show on that persons feed also.
    so who likes who’s post is fairly meaningless in the context of wether anything can be gleaned as to wether they actually like the person in real life.
    Online visibility is everything and that’s all it is.
  • Options
    Micky Flanagan?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    So 3 good form Bosu push ups some awkwardly creepy dancing and some curls of an empty 7.5kg bar... 

That fitness... Is laughable. Hopefully this was just his warm up. 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So 3 good form Bosu push ups some awkwardly creepy dancing and some curls of an empty 7.5kg bar... 

That fitness... Is laughable. Hopefully this was just his warm up. 

I think it was mostly tongue-in-cheek, as I think everything he does is online, but was still pretty cringe. He's hardly built like a professional athlete is he...