Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holloway resignation?

Not sure if this has been touched upon elsewhere?
On Saturday he was the studio guest on Quest EFL and was asked why he resigned......he was super non comital and went out of his way to stress that he didn’t wish to discuss it.
I immediately thought, does this smell of either Southall or Elliot involvement ......Mmmmm....I wonder?
Anyone have the same thought?

Comments

• Options
    I don't think it's to do with them (not heard any suggestion that it is).
  • Options
    December 2019 he joined Grimsby Town as a manager and club director after committing to purchase shares in the club, he resigned just under a year later amidst issues with the board and a potential investment group, he also confirmed at the time that he had not invested any money into the club.
  • Options
    No. He wasn't doing very well and he helped get the club fined for playing darts with the players so not surprised at all. 
  • Options
    No. He wasn't doing very well and he helped get the club fined for playing darts with the players so not surprised at all. 
    Ouch !
  • Options
    He just didn’t want to talk about him repeatedly breaking COVID rules 

arsehole 
  • Options
    Ouch !
    Did one of the players get hit by a dart ?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    He definitely ‘seemed to me’ to have a problem with the latest takeover rumours......possibly the suitability of the intended purchasers?
  • Options
    He definitely ‘seemed to me’ to have a problem with the latest takeover rumours......possibly the suitability of the intended purchasers?
    There were rumours of a dodgy individual being involved in the takeover.
    https://sportsgazette.co.uk/for-cods-sake-the-tale-of-the-grimsby-town-takeover/
  • Options
    clive said:
    There were rumours of a dodgy individual being involved in the takeover.
    https://sportsgazette.co.uk/for-cods-sake-the-tale-of-the-grimsby-town-takeover/
    Ah......that explains things.
    Thanks for that clive.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was sacked/resigned because he was doing a rubbish job .. Holloway is always good at talking a far better job that what he actually does .. around here he is a figure of derision .. there might be a dodgy individual or six lining up a takeover at Grimsby, which is a bit like wanting to buy a fast sinking, rusty old hulk, but Holloway's going is a blessing to a club which had enough problems already without dealing with a useless manager. A National League return is likely with no sign of a Cowley in sight to come to the rescue